Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does this stuff always have to be presented in such a creepy, child-like fashion?

View attachment 885028View attachment 885029
Speaking as an old Xennial, I think there’s something about gen z/“queer” culture and refusing to grow up. These cutesy memes are one thing, but I’ve also seen Tiktoks that joke about young “queer” people dressing like oversized toddlers in brightly coloured dungarees, etc - and it’s not mocking it, it’s actively celebrated as a part of their “uniform”.

Reactions: 18
Why does this stuff always have to be presented in such a creepy, child-like fashion?

View attachment 885028View attachment 885029
No thanks! I'm not prepared to take part in some weird "I am Spartacus" moment and potentially disadvantage myself by being perceived as a woman, just so "trans and non-binary people" don't get harassed for stating their pronouns. Which they most probably wouldn't. Because nobody cares nearly half as much as they want them to.

Reactions: 16
If they couldn’t wear the make-up, clothes and wigs, I wonder whether all the Drag Queen storytimers would be donating the same amount of their time to read books to children they don’t know? And if not…why not? 🤔 Also, I’m not surprised at Kraft, they don’t even know what cheese is.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
It'll be a chilly day in Hades before I take my daughter to a Drag Queen Storytime, and no mistake.

She won't be growing up thinking that caricaturing/mocking women is ok.

Reactions: 29
Speaking as an old Xennial, I think there’s something about gen z/“queer” culture and refusing to grow up. These cutesy memes are one thing, but I’ve also seen Tiktoks that joke about young “queer” people dressing like oversized toddlers in brightly coloured dungarees, etc - and it’s not mocking it, it’s actively celebrated as a part of their “uniform”.
This is IMO, an inevitable conclusion and witnessing of what happens to a generation that was raised mostly by and on the Internet. Smartphones just accelerated it when it made access to the Internet 24/7, in our hands.

Reactions: 12
I was only saying similar to someone else earlier. The explosion of people identifying as trans has to be down to the constant access to social media

Reactions: 17
It'll be a chilly day in Hades before I take my daughter to a Drag Queen Storytime, and no mistake.

She won't be growing up thinking that caricaturing/mocking women is ok.
I really can’t abide drag. I’m of an age when Danny la Rue was about the only drag performer who was regularly on tv. He was fairly innocuous but I always felt slightly uncomfortable with it. As time has gone on it has become vile and just seems totally misogynistic, openly taking the piss out of women. I can’t stand it and don’t think it is suitable for kids at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I was only saying similar to someone else earlier. The explosion of people identifying as trans has to be down to the constant access to social media
Honestly, it has to be. Or playing a really big part. I’m and ‘86er and I started to get really into the online social media community equivalents in the form of LiveJournal and similar. But it was an age where I was going on to Higher Education and didn’t really have the time and left. It was VERY addicting and I can see how younger people would easily submerge into this whole online life and persona. Not to mention, looking back, extremely dubious content, as well as adults in their 30/40/50’s interacting with young teenagers in ways they had no business doing.

Reactions: 12
This should never have reached this far but good if previous cases will be re-examined to benefit females victims

I hate this idea that disabled men (because let’s face it, it’s usually men) are campaigning and fighting for the right to access a woman’s body. And people using sex workers as a means to facilitate this like their lives don’t matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 885310

Ukrainian surrogacy clinic advertising services for black Friday :mad:

Link: https://4w.pub/ukrainian-surrogacy-black-friday/
this is one of the most disturning things I have seen... it is really like something from a particularly hard to watch black mirror episode

Totally agree about Tik Tok, I read somewhere (possibly here?) that lots of young people are developing tiks/mental health issues they didn;t have before from watching people with them on tik tok and kind of "catching" them, will try and find the article, it is just so toxic and so much worse than any other social media for this madness

• Sad
Reactions: 15
View attachment 885310

Ukrainian surrogacy clinic advertising services for black Friday :mad:

Link: https://4w.pub/ukrainian-surrogacy-black-friday/
I saw this about ten minutes after seeing the headline about Liz Kendall MP having a baby through surrogacy and just feel so sad and angry that anyone would put a woman through this.

Maybe I'll feel differently if I struggle to conceive or have multiple miscarriages, but this should be banned, the same way we ban selling organs for money. That way, if someone wanted to be a surrogate for a friend or family member it would still be legal but there wouldn't be the financial pressure aspect (and, hopefully, there would be more social pressure to continue respecting the woman carrying the child especially if she has long term complications from pregnancy. I've heard some horror stories about that too...)

I had never really seriously thought about it until I saw this video a few years back:

It's about seven minutes long and I can't watch it right now, but my memory is she talks about hwo prostitution and surrogacy are two sides of the same coin - one you want sex but no pregnancy and in the other pregnancy but no sex and how in both women's choices and bodies are abused. It's such a succinct powerful argument.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.