Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The girl guide stuff has shocked me. I didn’t know any of that. Just another example of how accepting trans women in to women and girl only spaces is a bad and potentially dangerous idea.

How did it get to this point? I thought we weren’t meant to stereotype genders? Dolls and pink and make up were for anyone, not just girls. And vice versa with ‘stereotypical’ boys things. Now that’s a sign they are in the wrong body?? Oh come on!! So it’s saying that a princess dress is inherently female? How utterly sexist!! The world is fucked if this is being published in black and white and is ‘guiding’ parents. A few years ago it was the opposite (and correct) message we kept hearing.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
The girl guide stuff has shocked me. I didn’t know any of that. Just another example of how accepting trans women in to women and girl only spaces is a bad and potentially dangerous idea.

How did it get to this point? I thought we weren’t meant to stereotype genders? Dolls and pink and make up were for anyone, not just girls. And vice versa with ‘stereotypical’ boys things. Now that’s a sign they are in the wrong body?? Oh come on!! So it’s saying that a princess dress is inherently female? How utterly sexist!! The world is fucked if this is being published in black and white and is ‘guiding’ parents. A few years ago it was the opposite (and correct) message we kept hearing.
This is horrifyingly regressive.

Reactions: 20

If ever there was a need for an eye roll reaction it’s this article ‘your child will tell you their trans’ going by those ask your child to answer these questions statuses I see on Facebook, most kids think they’re a dinosaur at that age and their mums are 12 and their dads are 103. You take what kids say with a pinch of salt at those ages.

Reactions: 22
There are lots of articles in the press about Shiloh Jolie-Pitt today, who is now dressing "like a girl" after the trans vultures have spent the last decade or more insisting she's trans.

Imagine if she'd had batshit "gender affirming" parents.

Reactions: 24
I’m so sick of seeing JK Rowling being blamed for all this as her house is well known and? It’s not the revealing of her address that’s the main issue here I don’t think. Those three showed up with an agenda. They probably wanted others to come and join their little gang to harass her further and they say the movement isn’t a threat to women.
Sorry, I missed the memo.

When did celebrities' houses become public property??? He is implying that EVERYONE knows where she lives? Is that right? So we should all feel free to pop by for a cuppa? Or a good old act of violence? WTF.

Reactions: 21
This is horrifyingly regressive.
the girl giude thing is just so worrying, if I was a parent with girls I would not want them involved at all in a Guides if there was a chance they could be supervised on trps etc by someone like this. It is just a matter of time until some poor girls are harmed because of the insistence on not offending this ridiculous group of people

Reactions: 20
I saw a bunch of tweets from some UK drag queens attacking JKR with the usual transphobic claims and that trans people are "literally being murdered because of transphobic agendas" which got me thinking...

First of all, JKR isn't responsible for murdering anyone and last time I checked, the trans women who have been murdered were killed by a man. Male on male violence.

And second... I guess it's OK for drag queens to dress as women and put on a pair of fake boobs when it suits, but when it comes to actually standing up for women? No chance. And especially not if you're a "cis" woman. I've got a bit of a difficult relationship with drag as I used to be quite involved in that community through a couple of close friends who do drag, but there are many issues with it and a lot of the queens are very openly misogynistic. Some of them will happily cultivate a fanbase of younger girls (who are really just looking for friendship and a community) and push the TWAW crap on to them, and openly call them out if they don't fall in line. I've taken a big step back lately (lockdown stopped all events anyway) but yeah, think I'm kinda done with it all.

Reactions: 38
Grief it seems hits harder if you are trans. Presumably because so many of them are being killed? They do realise that non trans people feel sad to be reminded of dead loved ones too? Perhaps Facebook deliberately targets them with things to cause upset.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
We will look back on this time in years to come with astonishment "Hey, remember when it was considered hate speech to say women don't have penises? And remember how that was enabled by both vile TRAs and wishy washy be kind wannabe progressive types? Insane, wasn't it!"

Reactions: 28
I saw a bunch of tweets from some UK drag queens attacking JKR with the usual transphobic claims and that trans people are "literally being murdered because of transphobic agendas" which got me thinking...

First of all, JKR isn't responsible for murdering anyone and last time I checked, the trans women who have been murdered were killed by a man. Male on male violence.

And second... I guess it's OK for drag queens to dress as women and put on a pair of fake boobs when it suits, but when it comes to actually standing up for women? No chance. And especially not if you're a "cis" woman. I've got a bit of a difficult relationship with drag as I used to be quite involved in that community through a couple of close friends who do drag, but there are many issues with it and a lot of the queens are very openly misogynistic. Some of them will happily cultivate a fanbase of younger girls (who are really just looking for friendship and a community) and push the TWAW crap on to them, and openly call them out if they don't fall in line. I've taken a big step back lately (lockdown stopped all events anyway) but yeah, think I'm kinda done with it all.
They hate us cuz they ain't us.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We will look back on this time in years to come with astonishment "Hey, remember when it was considered hate speech to say women don't have penises? And remember how that was enabled by both vile TRAs and wishy washy be kind wannabe progressive types? Insane, wasn't it!"
God I hope so.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Especially as women are too afraid of speaking out through fear of losing jobs etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like it can't get much worse than the absolute shitshow it already has been. However I do kind of feel things look a bit different to how they were compared to this time last year. We've had many 'wins' (and yes, setbacks too).

Reactions: 9
I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Especially as women are too afraid of speaking out through fear of losing jobs etc.
I think what is worrying is that something (or numerous really serious events) in which women/children are killed/harmed by things like a man being able to supervise girl guide groups etc for anything to be done to reverse this madness. It is a ticking time bomb

Reactions: 9
Grief it seems hits harder if you are trans. Presumably because so many of them are being killed? They do realise that non trans people feel sad to be reminded of dead loved ones too? Perhaps Facebook deliberately targets them with things to cause upset.

Oh for goodness sake. Grief and loss is something everyone has to deal with. Also, you can turn off memories if you don't want to be reminded. Or else maybe you could look back fondly on the memories of your friend instead of going on about how 'bleeping unusable' Facebook is.

Reactions: 12
I think what is worrying is that something (or numerous really serious events) in which women/children are killed/harmed by things like a man being able to supervise girl guide groups etc for anything to be done to reverse this madness. It is a ticking time bomb
There needs to be a wake up on kids needing their childhood.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

Never kind that Facebook only reminds you of stuff you've posted about or been tagged in. I also didn't realise only trans people weren't immortal. bleeping narcissists.

• Haha
It's history repeating of the Nice Guys whining they couldn't get girlfriends: they wouldn't accept that women are not vending machines where you put time in and get sex or a girlfriend out of it.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.