Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you guys seen this? If we thought suspending Go Fund Me and other crowdsourcing sites was worrying, it's gone further.

It's in Dutch, but basically a radfem group in The Netherlands has had their bank account closed for not meeting the banks 'values' - aka not including trans women in feminism.

View attachment 848592
View attachment 848583

View attachment 848588

If banks can do this to organisations then they could easily do it to people like Marion, Ceri or Kathleen. Without a bank account you can't get back into your money, can't pay rent or your mortgage, can't pay for bills, can't pay for food - and it can take the banks ages to give you your money back. I know banks in the UK have closed personal accounts of white supremacists, could feminists be next?

Sometimes I think we're turning a corner, then this stuff happens.
In fairness this bank has only been about since 2015 and are a digital only offering so I would not be too concerned about any other banks following suit. Apart from a few small players 99% of banks are only interested in making money

Reactions: 8
Have you guys seen this? If we thought suspending Go Fund Me and other crowdsourcing sites was worrying, it's gone further.

It's in Dutch, but basically a radfem group in The Netherlands has had their bank account closed for not meeting the banks 'values' - aka not including trans women in feminism.

View attachment 848592
View attachment 848583

View attachment 848588

If banks can do this to organisations then they could easily do it to people like Marion, Ceri or Kathleen. Without a bank account you can't get back into your money, can't pay rent or your mortgage, can't pay for bills, can't pay for food - and it can take the banks ages to give you your money back. I know banks in the UK have closed personal accounts of white supremacists, could feminists be next?

Sometimes I think we're turning a corner, then this stuff happens.
I did think that was a possibility when Marion Millar was crowdfunding. It's such BS, isn't it. "Strong advocates of human rights", but only for the people they agree with.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think Kirstie might have her priorities wrong here, or are we just as offended as she is?

1636137006607.png

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Hmmm I think using a prayer mat to have sex on is pretty disrespectful. I don't think giving out about his use of mess is a hill I'd die on

Reactions: 24
And no one would like bodily fluids belonging to others of any kind on their property, whether it be blood, sperm, whatever

I think she's trying to imply that he's saying that periods are dirty and shameful. Well I don't think periods are dirty and shameful in any way but I still wouldn't want someone else's blood on my things. Accidents and spillages happen but this arose from having sex on the prayer mat!

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Does anyone else think Kirstie might have her priorities wrong here, or are we just as offended as she is?

View attachment 848719
I think for me it’s both a bit? His description is distasteful, and the act itself he describes - using a prayer mat to clean up the aftermath of sex - was more distasteful (and disrespectful too). I am not sure if that makes sense? (Nursing a little hangover this morning 😅). All that said I think Kirsty’s response was unnecessary, and deflects somewhat from the bigger issues at play in this story.

Reactions: 3
Sadly for real

Before I start, I would like to announce that I make the following statement on land that was held by Brittonic tribes.

I saw a lot of this in Benjamin Boyce's Evergreen series. It annoys me because, if you feel that bad that you're on stolen land that you have to make a statement, then give it back? Especially when the tribes are still in existence. Otherwise, it's just a meaningless empty statement.

Reactions: 6
the tribe list aside they’re doing it for people who are visually impaired. It’s an accessibility thing
I read that but I can't believe it's true. I listen to a lot of podcasts and radio 4. More often than not I have no idea what the person talking looks like. It's usually irrelevant. If it is necessary to know what a person looks like, they are described. Not by giving their ethnicity, pronouns and one other descriptor though as in the Microsoft clip. How would knowing that a person is white, has long hair and uses the pronouns he/him aid a blind person understand a talk like this?

And yes, @Icing _on_ the_cake , talk about tribal land is cheap. If you are bothered about it, give it back. Native American women in particular are a truly vulnerable group of people.

Talking of podcasts, an amazing one from a few years ago is Finding Cleo. I learned so much about indigenous Canadians and their more recent history. Beyond shocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
A brothel in Austria is using women's bodies as a reward for men willing to get the COVID-19 vaccination.

Funpalast, a brothel in Vienna, Austria has announced that they are giving men who get the vaccine at their in-house clinic a voucher for entry to its sexual 'sauna club,' with some sources reporting they are also providing men a free 30 minute session with the "lady of their choice." The brothel stated the effort was an economic strategy in response to reduced clientele due to low vaccination rates.

The campaign began on November 1st, and boys as young as 14 years old are allowed to visit the clinic if accompanied by an adult. Women are also welcome, but this is apparently more due to a requirement of Austrian equality law.

The clinics will take place 5 times throughout the month of November, with the goal being to vaccinate otherwise reluctant men as well as encourage them to spend more money at the brothel.
source

The legal age of consent in Austria is 14 - hence them being 'eligible' for this 'reward'.

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
source

The legal age of consent in Austria is 14 - hence them being 'eligible' for this 'reward'.
Absolutely disgusting. Women are not trophies. We are not ‘rewards’ for men’s good behaviour.

• Angry
  • Wow
I genuinely feel sorry for young people trying to make sense of the world right now. I have no understanding of what this tortured soul is wrangling with or most of the language they use.

'non men loving non men' is a new stupid way to say lesbians? that can duck off

The girls problem appears to be that she downloaded tiktok and now obsessed with trying to label herself

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Non men - that can definitely stop. I am not being defined as being not a man. I’m surprised that didn’t get pushback as the rest of the article did seem thoughtful about the problem of labels, changing your mind and also definition by social media.

Controversial opinion but I think TikTik should be banned, kids are learning from each other on their how to be insufferable, label obsessed, toxic etc. It’s a fad, but a dangerous one. The gender ideology thrives on it.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.