Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Child immunisation form
Sex
Male
Female
Unidentified

duck of NHS
yet the report a test result wants your sex as recorded in your GP records and includes a don't know. Maybe this is because they are collecting statistical information and y'know your sex does affect response to illness. Also I'm on daily lfts for two weeks because we have clients with COVID, and it's the 90% female workforce at the front line of residential care

Reactions: 2
Lily Madigan seems to have disappeared off the public and social media radar completely - 23 now, so must have finished university, and hopefully disappeared quietly into the world of work and a peaceful life.
Good. Hopefully we’ll never hear of them again.

Ide be quite interested to know what else was on that WhatsApp group. They must have felt comfortable enough to share those photos. Why do so many police officers need to be in a WhatsApp group? Its not like they can all be best work buddies. I'll bet there was loads of unprofessional chat about crimes in there.
You know when people on the Internet say they’re spitting with rage but you know they’re just on the sofa sipping a cup of coffee? Well, I am furious and I mean it. Whenever I think about Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman and what those officers did, I can’t even find the words to say how disgusted I am. I could cry for them. Not only were they senselessly murdered, but our police officers weren’t even capable of treating the scene and their bodies with care, respect or professionalism.

I don’t think it’s a bunch of bad apples within the Met. I don’t think it’s a problem within the police force generally. I think it’s just men 🤷‍♀️ Men who think nothing of wrapping up their contempt for women as banter. It’s just normal.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
If you are on Twitter he is worth following “@MeMyselfOnline” - he is informed, active and bloody funny. Only just discovered him.

Reactions: 6
Wow - Women’s Institute
This is the actual cover, and the Guardian story covering it

Classic AGP tale, including the poor trans widow valiantly trying to put up with it after 48 years of marriage.

The last paragraph is such bollocks. Transitioning cured them of severe colitis. It’s a miracle! The stress of having to live as a man, you see 🙄

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8

Women freezing to death in menstruation huts in Nepal? Nah, that's not as bad.
Women being victims of genocidal rape? Nah, that's not as bad.
Women being imprisoned if they show their hair? Nah, that's not as bad.
Women being forced to undergo FGM? Nah, that's not as bad.
Girls being married at 8 years old and giving birth at 9? Nah, that's not as bad.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Women have no business centring themselves in feminism? ‘Feminism’ that doesn’t centre women is not feminism 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I saw on Twitter people saying cis isn’t a slur and it’s just saying ‘woman who isn’t trans’ but again that’s defining us by something we’re not? Trans women are not the ‘norm’ for women, it should just be women and trans women 🙄
Cis bloody well is a slur in my book - it's questioning what I am, was born as and will be until the day I die, regardless of what surgery I may or may not have to have for like real, actual medical reasons. duck OFF with the cis tit.

Some of this is really funny, would be laughable - if only it hadnt gained enough ground to be damaging to women. Not cis, not cishet, or any other bollocks. WOMEN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Girls being married at 8 years old and giving birth at 9? Nah, that's not as bad.
Absolutely spot on.

It's no coincidence how they talk about women in the exact same derogatory way men do is it?

I am liking MeMyselfOnline - a gay guy who likes women!
I have some absolutely amazing gay friends. Sensitive, empathetic men, and they love a woman who can stick up for herself.

Reactions: 10

Being trans is no different to blackfishing, they take the desirable aspects of womenhood without having to accept any of the oppression or consequences. And they can identify out of it whenever they want.

How can a transwomen be more oppressed when they can just stop being a transwomen when ever they want.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

These idiots just make me laugh now. I used to feel worried/upset about someone calling me a TERF and believed the usual TWAW crap but I couldn't care less anymore.

"Cishet" women owe trans women jack tit. They've done nothing for us and actually, we don't need them. Feminism is inclusive of WOMEN, not trans-identifying men with receding hairlines and poorly applied lipstick.

Reactions: 17

‘If your feminism doesn’t center (men) then it’s trash’
Nothing new there then 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.