Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend who's from a conservative South East Asian culture. She had an arranged marriage when she was 19-20, but her husband was abusive so she left with her then toddler aged daughter (now 7.) In the last year or so she has begun identifying as "non-binary asexual" and I have tried so hard to bite my tongue, but today she spoke to me about how she knows for sure she was non-binary and asexual before her husband (who was her first relationship, first sexual partner, etc.) ever abused her and I doubt that, somehow. I do feel for her - she's been treated terribly because she is a woman, but claiming not to be one isn't going to magically change things

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Exactly. They are both mainstream wankers but they get the points that needed to be made to a wider audience out there.
I find Piers Morgan smug and condescending and far too shouty when on GMB but I agreed with him on a lot of points on that show. When I said this online I was “accused” of being a Tory despite never having voted Tory before, and that I likely hated Meghan Markle because of her race (I don’t particularly have a strong opinion on her either way, but I am also mixed race so even if I did, it wouldn’t be because of that). People are so tribalistic it’s scary.

Reactions: 16
I have a friend who's from a conservative South East Asian culture. She had an arranged marriage when she was 19-20, but her husband was abusive so she left with her then toddler aged daughter (now 7.) In the last year or so she has begun identifying as "non-binary asexual" and I have tried so hard to bite my tongue, but today she spoke to me about how she knows for sure she was non-binary and asexual before her husband (who was her first relationship, first sexual partner, etc.) ever abused her and I doubt that, somehow. I do feel for her - she's been treated terribly because she is a woman, but claiming not to be one isn't going to magically change things
If it was someone like Sam Smith you where talking about I would tell him to stand in front of a mirror and hey presto he would see he was a man. Hopefully your friend receives proper counselling to deal with her trauma and its probably best that you did bite your tongue.

Reactions: 8
If it was someone like Sam Smith you where talking about I would tell him to stand in front of a mirror and hey presto he would see he was a man. Hopefully your friend receives proper counselling to deal with her trauma and its probably best that you did bite your tongue.
She is having counselling - has had to as the whole experience has left her with a form of PTSD :( You are absolutely right about Sam Smith!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I saw one of the lesbians that spoke to the BBC for that article was talking at speakers corner this morning. A trans woman had sex with her at uni when she was far too drunk to give consent. He then made her persona non grata with her uni's LGBT society for being a TERF s_lag, did the same thing to three other women and then left the university after being there less than 6 months. These people are the absolute worst.
I was there too!

Reactions: 6
These trans people that say misgendering is actual violence - have probably led lives without violence in them. Mostly men, they have not been threatened or hit or feared physical harm. They have led comfortable existences and now something isn’t going their way. It’s a massive temper tantrum. Words can hurt, yes, it is bullying and there is mental distress. But violence is not the same and they are misusing this word to manipulate people.

Reactions: 25
According to Glinn er it looks like vexatious complainant has been doing more complaints about Ceri this week...

Why are the police taking this person seriously, he needs to be told to get off twitter if it triggers him so much, and stop wasting police time.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I stumbled across a twitter account that said 'pronouns on website'... so I investigated and found this hell of a website which says it is to keep up with your friends pronouns...

I'm not linking to the account because it said they were a minor but if you google the website you'll find lots of links

Here is a 'full list of pronouns'

Screenshot 2021-11-01 07.21.45.png

Screenshot 2021-11-01 07.23.46.png

and an example from a user
Screenshot 2021-11-01 07.18.46.png
Screenshot 2021-11-01 07.19.50.png

If you add a pronoun it gives you a congratulation for beating your score (I've not signed up, but stumbled across the page - hence the code)

Screenshot 2021-11-01 06.44.02.png

Now, I did some cringe-worthy things as a pre-teen. But my parents didn't cut off my breasts because I played Habbo Hotel. Politicians weren't calling people who didn't believe in NeoPets bigots. I was never called a 'person with a LiveJournal'.

I can't imagine how rage-inducing the above site would be to an adult trans person who had extreme dysphoria for years, transitioned and wants to live as quiet a life as possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
These trans people that say misgendering is actual violence - have probably led lives without violence in them. Mostly men, they have not been threatened or hit or feared physical harm. They have led comfortable existences and now something isn’t going their way. It’s a massive temper tantrum. Words can hurt, yes, it is bullying and there is mental distress. But violence is not the same and they are misusing this word to manipulate people.
I think the same about the women that are so quick to say they wouldn't mind sharing a space with someone that self IDs as a woman. I think the majority are probably privileged in that they haven't encountered any dangerous men, haven't experienced DV or coercion or control, haven't been sexually assaulted. I think they have also led lives where they don't feel a surge of fear because of men and they think everyone should be the same.

Reactions: 19
Maybe it's Monday morning blues but I'm feeling quite disheartened to be honest. It feels like the net of compulsion is closing in when you have workplaces preaching wokery and individuals reporting women on twitter for raising concerns. To the point that I regret my post a few up simply for reposting Glinn*er incase that gets reported by individuals. It exasperates me that some individual can go after several people for tweets that aren't actually hateful, and gets taken seriously, yet women who report rape threats, doxx threats etc get told things like "not to use Twitter then" and such. This society actively punishes women and panders to men. I'm sick of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe it's Monday morning blues but I'm feeling quite disheartened to be honest. It feels like the net of compulsion is closing in when you have workplaces preaching wokery and individuals reporting women on twitter for raising concerns. To the point that I regret my post a few up simply for reposting Glinn*er incase that gets reported by individuals. It exasperates me that some individual can go after several people for tweets that aren't actually hateful, and gets taken seriously, yet women who report rape threats, doxx threats etc get told things like "not to use Twitter then" and such. This society actively punishes women and panders to men. I'm sick of it.
It’s horrible when it gets you down like this. I’ve been feeling similar but I do think things will change and there will be a kick back. Unfortunately I feel it’ll take something extreme happening to a woman before society at large will see what a problem this all is. The TRAs will be their own downfall. It is absolutely shocking that a woman can be arrested for tweeting her own non hateful opinion and be bleeping arrested when on a daily basis you read hateful misogynistic bile on Twitter and those people are fine?? Something has to change with the police.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have any of you written to the Scottish government about self ID laws? Opposing it? I’m wondering if it would be treated the same as MM’s tweets. Surely expressing your concern for the safety of women and girls to your government is allowed and not something you can be arrested for? Beginning to think you can be arrested just for having thoughts that don’t agree with this madness.

Reactions: 6
I was reading a trans rights thread on another forum and they were saying that anything in that BBC article can be dismissed as lies right away because the article contains quotes from the LGB Alliance. The same person also says because they know there are quotes from that HATE GROUP, they haven't and won't even be reading the article. Good to know you can come to such firm conclusions about something while not even having read it! I mean , wtf?

• Angry
Reactions: 10
The Independent realises that this is not okay when a man 'identifies' as a man, but if he said he was NB or trans, they'd be calling anyone who objected bigots.

Compare this old article when they are complaining about hurdles for trans people

They mention Fallon Fox who broke a womans skull in a fight

This is not the fight where the skull is fractured but at 15.00 mins there is clearly heard from the crowd a cry of "kick him in the nuts"

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
I think the same about the women that are so quick to say they wouldn't mind sharing a space with someone that self IDs as a woman. I think the majority are probably privileged in that they haven't encountered any dangerous men, haven't experienced DV or coercion or control, haven't been sexually assaulted. I think they have also led lives where they don't feel a surge of fear because of men and they think everyone should be the same.
Luxury beliefs.

The most ardent supporters of the trans ideology I know are middle class academics. No bleeping clue what the world is like outside of their privileged lives.

The most gender critical people I know are two middle-aged trans women.

Reactions: 11
I actually feel like these idiots need sense shaken into them sometimes. Just seen a Tweet saying 'Richard Dawkins is claiming trans women aren't women again' claims? Hello? They AREN'T women. Grow the hell up. I have no issue with trans people calling themselves 'trans women' but they are not women. It actually blows my mind sometimes that we're at this point, to me it's as freaking stupid as grown adults believing in the tooth fairy or something. Absolutely sick of it all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.