Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're off their rockers aren't they.

Love, I've refused to sleep with someone because I didn't like the shoes he was wearing, so you're right I'm not going near someone with genitals I'm not fond of 😂.

Men in dresses calling women misogynists and gay me and lesbians homophobes. Whatever next in opposite-land.

I've met many trans and gender non-conforming people over the years who would have no time for this tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
They're off their rockers.

Love, I've refused to sleep with someone because I didn't like the shoes he was wearing, so you're right I'm not going near someone with genitals I'm not fond of 😂.

Men in dresses calling women misogynists and gay me and lesbians homophobes. Whatever next in opposite-land.

I've met many trans and gender non-conforming people over the years who would have no time for this tit.

How long till "If you don't want to sleep with someone under 16, you're a bigot!!"?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
They're off their rockers aren't they.

I wonder what someone like Susan Calman thinks of this. Someone I’d describe as an old school lesbian. I’m a big fan of hers. She’ll likely just not want to get involved and I don’t blame her, it could ruin your career esp in the super woke comedy circles.

Reactions: 5
I wonder what someone like Susan Calman thinks of this. Someone I’d describe as an old school lesbian. I’m a big fan of hers. She’ll likely just not want to get involved and I don’t blame her, it could ruin your career esp in the super woke comedy circles.

Thing is, unless celebrities take a stand over this bleeping bullshit, things will only get worse and worse.

Reactions: 13
I always wonder what Kathy Burke thinks, especially considering how outspoken her Gimme co-star has been. Not that I want her forced into clarifying, I’m just personally interested, especially because she has done a lot of documentaries about women in comedy.

As for Ash Sarkar, I am seriously on the verge of creating a thread about her in the Bloggers forum, she is even more annoying than Jack Monroe for me 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I didn't realise James Dreyfus had spoken out. I've just read some of his tweets. Good for him.

The irony that he's been an out gay man since likely before half the dickheads screeching "TERF!" were born is not lost on him I'm sure.

Reactions: 16
Dreyfus played The Master in the Dr Who audio series and got sacked for signing the open letter in support of JK Rowling. Utterly pathetic. He seems like a really nice guy as well.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I notice they don't say that if you are a straight guy you should be dating a straight trans woman.......as they know that will not play well with the masses as that is a step too far for the delusion which is trans

Also still waiting for the first of the young actors from Harry Potter to introduce us to their trans partners

Thing is, unless celebrities take a stand over this bleeping bullshit, things will only get worse and worse.
I don't think its down to celebrities as right now you will have just as many supporting it. It comes down to
- political parties being rescued from identity cultists. Up here a lot of them got kicked out 2 years ago from the SNP only to weasle back in after they changed the rules to suit themselves.
- more politicians to take a stand like Priti Patel and the stop recording rapists as woman especially as in law in England a woman cannot be charged with rape.
- ordinary people standing up and you can see it in a lot of feeds with people are questions Trans supporters tweets for example
- more than just the right wing press reporting on the madness.

I would definitely say compared to 6 months ago its more positive......Sussex Uni, report on trans women in criminal justice system, BBC article more are starting to come through.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I notice they don't say that if you are a straight guy you should be dating a straight trans woman.......as they know that will not play well with the masses as that is a step too far for the delusion which is trans

Also still waiting for the first of the young actors from Harry Potter to introduce us to their trans partners

I don't think its down to celebrities as right now you will have just as many supporting it. It comes down to
- political parties being rescued from identity cultists. Up here a lot of them got kicked out 2 years ago from the SNP only to weasle back in after they changed the rules to suit themselves.
- more politicians to take a stand like Priti Patel and the stop recording rapists as woman especially as in law in England a woman cannot be charged with rape.
- ordinary people standing up and you can see it in a lot of feeds with people are questions Trans supporters tweets for example
- more than just the right wing press reporting on the madness.

I would definitely say compared to 6 months ago its more positive......Sussex Uni, report on trans women in criminal justice system, BBC article more are starting to come through.

Good point about the celebrities. Also yes where are all the people shouting that gay men can love a vagina, gay men are attracted to women and even that gay men can BE women?

Oh wait, misogynist brains would never bother to go there

Reactions: 4
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I always wonder what Kathy Burke thinks, especially considering how outspoken her Gimme co-star has been. Not that I want her forced into clarifying, I’m just personally interested, especially because she has done a lot of documentaries about women in comedy.

As for Ash Sarkar, I am seriously on the verge of creating a thread about her in the Bloggers forum, she is even more annoying than Jack Monroe for me 😡
I'm pretty sure Kathy Burke is on the side of the TRAs, I vaguely remember some tweets.

You should totally start a thread about Ash!

Reactions: 7
I'm pretty sure Kathy Burke is on the side of the TRAs, I vaguely remember some tweets.

You should totally start a thread about Ash!
Nooooo! I shouldn’t have read that before bed 😭 I’m still a fan though. Unlike TRAs I’m not about to throw a fit and set my copies of GGG on fire.

I’ll start one tomorrow if somebody already hasn’t!

Reactions: 4
Finished the Stephen Nolan Stonewall podcast. It is worth a listen. I wish every HR department in the country would listen to it. It’s an eye opener.

My only complaint would be that when talking about self ID (meaning that men would only have to say they are women to gain access to women’s spaces), they spoke with a guy from pink news (who is non binary) and a trans woman who holds gender critical views. They were discussing the possibility of a 14 year old boy saying he’s a girl in order to get in to the girls changing room. In this conversation I would have like a woman there. It felt wrong it was all men sitting there discussing whether that scenario is ok. Obviously Nolan was saying what about those girls sex based rights, do they do they not matter? The pink news guy said that in all the countries that have self ID nothing like that has happened. He also said that at present, anyone can walk in to a changing room as they’re not policed by anyone. Missing the point that at school there is a teacher outside the changing room door to make sure that doesn’t happen. And if you go to a gym or a spa you cannot just walk in to the other changing room without a code or pass.

His solution is that there should be separate changing rooms for those who want them. Like it’s that easy to do in schools!

Reactions: 10
Nooooo! I shouldn’t have read that before bed 😭 I’m still a fan though. Unlike TRAs I’m not about to throw a fit and set my copies of GGG on fire.

I’ll start one tomorrow if somebody already hasn’t!
I found this from 2019. To be fair, she sounds like one of those who thinks that this is about old school HSTS, not the absolute tit show gender ideology is nowadays.

Celebrating women doesn’t have to mean “bashing men”, either, Burke says, expressing her happiness that “men are [now] allowed to have feelings”. However, while there is mention of same-sex relationships, as some viewers may note, the documentary does avoid one contentious gender-related issue: the rights or lack thereof of transgender women. Was this a conscious decision? “We talked about maybe talking to trans women in this, but it’s such a huge subject that I, personally, didn’t want it to be just a passing moment,” says Burke. “I think that needs to be a whole separate programme.” She pauses. “With trans people, I just think you can’t help the way you are born, though. You know, it’s DNA, it’s genetics. I’m just glad people can do things about their own happiness. I think this thought process that they’re trying to wipe out women is a bit ridiculous – it’s a minority of people.”

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
The article said "SOME" as in "We're being pressured into sex by SOME trans women". It didn't say all. What's worrying for me is the automatic backlash, no one said that all trans women were doing this, yet the article is automatically transphobic.

These claims aren't made up, nor are they new, the cotton ceiling is a concept that's been kicking around for quite a while.

It's just so cultish, it reminds of the way Scientologists react when someone says something negative about the community.

Also, it's interesting that the BBC is now publishing stuff like this and the Nolan podcast now it's distancing itself from Stonewall.
It’s like men shouting #notallmen immediately. Sounds familiar doesn’t it.

Reactions: 9
Finished the Stephen Nolan Stonewall podcast. It is worth a listen. I wish every HR department in the country would listen to it. It’s an eye opener.

My only complaint would be that when talking about self ID (meaning that men would only have to say they are women to gain access to women’s spaces), they spoke with a guy from pink news (who is non binary) and a trans woman who holds gender critical views. They were discussing the possibility of a 14 year old boy saying he’s a girl in order to get in to the girls changing room. In this conversation I would have like a woman there. It felt wrong it was all men sitting there discussing whether that scenario is ok. Obviously Nolan was saying what about those girls sex based rights, do they do they not matter? The pink news guy said that in all the countries that have self ID nothing like that has happened. He also said that at present, anyone can walk in to a changing room as they’re not policed by anyone. Missing the point that at school there is a teacher outside the changing room door to make sure that doesn’t happen. And if you go to a gym or a spa you cannot just walk in to the other changing room without a code or pass.

His solution is that there should be separate changing rooms for those who want them. Like it’s that easy to do in schools!
There is that case in America now where a boy wore a skirt to enter the girls restroom or locker room and assaulted a girl. Her parents are rightly going apeshit about this.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.