Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paisley isn't happy. As usual. Seems that article has been getting a lot of positive feedback.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's also a sign of what happens when we dress and treat children like miniature adults: people project onto them, which is why people are calling queerphobia, transphobia, etc - even though there's no indication the child is either (nor is it appropriate to think of in an advert selling insurance).
You've just made me think of that insurance advert with the bloke in high heels and a tight red dress... must have been a crap ad as I cant remember who the advertiser was!

Reactions: 7

This is great - and it also raises a brilliant point about why Owen Jones (a gay, White man) is being listened to about lesbianism, rather than a Black lesbian woman.
I love Lucy. Used to work with her a long time ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Glinner shared this brilliant essay on his substack. A butch lesbian telling the story of watching her community become overrun with AGPs and straight women identifying as trans or NB. Long but well worth a read.
That is a excellent piece of writing and this part encapsulates it brilliantly

One day I am in the center, and I look out the glass window of my office. There are a dozen people sitting in the common room of the center, talking animatedly. I realize none of them are lesbian or gay in the actual sense of the word. I feel uncomfortable, but I cannot articulate why I feel such discomfort.

One of the Chloes knocks on my door. This one wears a pink tube top and a pencil skirt. I am strongly reminded of Buffalo Bill.

I was in stitches as I could literally picture the scene

Whilst it may seem derogatory reading the whole essay you can see how it has all happened over time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just waiting for Jameela Jamil to weigh in on the bbc article now. Even though she says she’s an advocate for women’s rights and believing victims, you just know that trans rights will always come first with her.

Reactions: 13
Twitter has gone NUTS about this. But of course many more people read the BBC news than Twitter.

Reactions: 7
Paisley does come across as a bit thick, yes. This guy here seems to crop up a lot and I think his picture needs to be put next to the word pompous in the dictionary. The article only speaks with three lesbians who have been "supposedly" raped? Oh right well that's ok then. Three? Who cares? Non issue.

Reactions: 4
I'm so fucked off with the backlash to the BBC article. How on earth have we ended up here? Isn't it funny how the super woke blue hair brigade will believe anyone who experiences sexual harassment - until trans women are mentioned, in which case the lesbian women are DEFINITELY lying 🙄

Why can't they just shut the duck up and actually listen to women for once? How is it transphobic for a lesbian woman to talk about what she's experienced? Sorry it doesn't tie in with the narrative on trans women just wanting to do their eyeliner and pee in peace. Just more proof to me that trans women will never be real women - look how nasty they turn when lesbian women reject them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm so fucked off with the backlash to the BBC article. How on earth have we ended up here? Isn't it funny how the super woke blue hair brigade will believe anyone who experiences sexual harassment - until trans women are mentioned, in which case the lesbian women are DEFINITELY lying 🙄

Why can't they just shut the duck up and actually listen to women for once? How is it transphobic for a lesbian woman to talk about what she's experienced? Sorry it doesn't tie in with the narrative on trans women just wanting to do their eyeliner and pee in peace. Just more proof to me that trans women will never be real women - look how nasty they turn when lesbian women reject them.
The article said "SOME" as in "We're being pressured into sex by SOME trans women". It didn't say all. What's worrying for me is the automatic backlash, no one said that all trans women were doing this, yet the article is automatically transphobic.

These claims aren't made up, nor are they new, the cotton ceiling is a concept that's been kicking around for quite a while.

It's just so cultish, it reminds of the way Scientologists react when someone says something negative about the community.

Also, it's interesting that the BBC is now publishing stuff like this and the Nolan podcast now it's distancing itself from Stonewall.

Reactions: 13
I just went to change the appearance settings in my phone's Outlook app. You can have plain colours or...

I mean... Whyyyyy?! The other rainbow ones are "bisexual", "lesbian" etc relating to the flag colours. Why is this necessary?! The flag colours grooming has infiltrated email app colour schemes FFS.

(I have nothing against LGB but come on, this is highly unnecessary to have colour schemes because of Pride, there's no escape from the corporate virtue signalling. P.s. I stuck to a plain colour.)
IMG_20211027_182934.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
How do you do that, is there a link?

Yep, go here and click on the Submit A Comment box. Then it’ll ask you to paste in the URL of the story in question, so I’ll link that here too for convenience 😊

Get to it, fellow TERFs. Support the poor female journalist who’s had to delete her Twitter account.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.