Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re tunnocks. I have worked with them over the years through my workplace and can say they are a family run, very generous company who are happy to donate products and support the local community.

I know the person who would deal with donating products to events and can say hand on heart that she wouldn’t have the faintest idea about the LGB Alliance or any controversy donating some teacakes would have caused. It was not a political statement in any way whatsoever, this is a woman of a certain age like my mum. It is absolutely ludicrous that there’s backlash from the TRAs but hardly surprising. They are so self obsessed to think everything is about them.

I hope the wee wummin working at tunnocks isn’t getting any hate as she’ll not understand any of it. Hoping it pushes sales for tunnocks in general though, their products are fab and anyone in the Glasgow area will tell you how much they give back to the community.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Is it not about time a big company like Tunnocks just dug their heels in, stood their ground and told the trannies to get fucked?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
In the eyes of the far left these days, the only women that mean anything are the ones with a cock and balls.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Re tunnocks. I have worked with them over the years through my workplace and can say they are a family run, very generous company who are happy to donate products and support the local community.

I know the person who would deal with donating products to events and can say hand on heart that she wouldn’t have the faintest idea about the LGB Alliance or any controversy donating some teacakes would have caused. It was not a political statement in any way whatsoever, this is a woman of a certain age like my mum. It is absolutely ludicrous that there’s backlash from the TRAs but hardly surprising. They are so self obsessed to think everything is about them.

I hope the wee wummin working at tunnocks isn’t getting any hate as she’ll not understand any of it. Hoping it pushes sales for tunnocks in general though, their products are fab and anyone in the Glasgow area will tell you how much they give back to the community.
Nothing will stop me from buying my caramel wafers... Gonna get some in tomorrow to balance out all this fuckery 🤭

• Heart
FFS, the police are rightly being scrutinised in how they deal with violence against women, and this idiot decides now is the time to be obtuse?

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I'd love to see her say this bullshit to the Everard family. No wonder the daft cow has protected her tweets.

Reactions: 19
This whole Tunnocks business proves that the TRA movement has officially eaten itself. Boycotting a brand of chocolate teacakes? Such activism. I'm sure the leaders of the great radical traditions - Mandela, Malcolm X, Pankhurst, ect. - are applauding them from the afterlife!

Absolute jokers.
I really really want a teacake now. Haven't had one in years! 🤤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
These people seriously think that they can cancel brands for something like this, so delusional.
For example the owners of Dolce & Gabanna are openly homophobic and racist yet models and big Hollywood actors and actresses are working with them…but yeah cancel a teacake brand

• Haha
  • Sad
For my sins I listened to Busy Philipps podcast last week (I dip in and out) and she was talking about men like Harry Styles being ‘gender fluid’ because of the fact they like to wear dresses etc sometimes.

She mentioned Patrick Swayze in the 90s being photographed very artistically in a little black dress and wearing make up and saying that there wasn’t the language for it back then but he was definitely gender fluid. Now this has riled me for several reasons. First off Patrick is no longer with us so I think speculating about how he would ‘identify 🙄’ today is in very bad taste. But more so it’s that a man can wear a dress/ruffles/make up etc and still be a man!! It doesn’t mean he’s showing his ‘feminine’ side because gender is a construct and clothes are just clothes. Pieces of cloth. So I think that argument is bull and has annoyed me. Maybe it’s just showing another side to masculinity?
Sorry if I’m rambling here, just had to put this here as it’s been playing on my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
For my sins I listened to Busy Philipps podcast last week (I dip in and out) and she was talking about men like Harry Styles being ‘gender fluid’ because of the fact they like to wear dresses etc sometimes.

She mentioned Patrick Swayze in the 90s being photographed very artistically in a little black dress and wearing make up and saying that there wasn’t the language for it back then but he was definitely gender fluid. Now this has riled me for several reasons. First off Patrick is no longer with us so I think speculating about how he would ‘identify 🙄’ today is in very bad taste. But more so it’s that a man can wear a dress/ruffles/make up etc and still be a man!! It doesn’t mean he’s showing his ‘feminine’ side because gender is a construct and clothes are just clothes. Pieces of cloth. So I think that argument is bull and has annoyed me. Maybe it’s just showing another side to masculinity?
Sorry if I’m rambling here, just had to put this here as it’s been playing on my mind.
From what I can gather that photo was for vanity fair I think and was tying in with an interview he was doing with them to do with him appearing in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. So talk about changing history to suit an agenda.

Attachments

Reactions: 12

exactly, does this mean all of the men in scotland who wear/wore kilts are gender fluid too?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.