Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched it last weekend and found it a bit meh, but actually the finale of the show is a long anecdote about a transwoman that Dave once knew. It was genuinely quite touching and really turned the show on its head.

Makes me wonder whether all the TRAs picketing Netflix watched the whole thing too 😄

The whole thing?! Most of them won't have watched any of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This whole Tunnocks business proves that the TRA movement has officially eaten itself. Boycotting a brand of chocolate teacakes? Such activism. I'm sure the leaders of the great radical traditions - Mandela, Malcolm X, Pankhurst, ect. - are applauding them from the afterlife!

Absolute jokers.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What these morons fail to realise is that all they are doing is making people go out and buy Tunnocks Teacakes. I bought some yesterday. I've even read that some supermarkets are running low on stock now.

View attachment 826095
Plenty of people have said Tunnocks thought it was just a general LGBT/Pride event, they didn't realise the details. After all, a cake company taking a political position isn't a good idea because it's not good for business regardless of the position.

Like when Yorkshire Tea was seen to be pro Tory because Rishi Sunak posed with a bag of it on Twitter. :D

Reactions: 4
Chapelles latest was lazy, the jokes were flat. The last segment about the trans woman he knew was sad, and if these people got their heads out their arses and actually listened, they may have got the point.

Reactions: 5
What these morons fail to realise is that all they are doing is making people go out and buy Tunnocks Teacakes. I bought some yesterday. I've even read that some supermarkets are running low on stock now.

View attachment 826095
Posted on an Iphone made in an oppressive factory in China potentially using minerals mined by a child which is then sold by a company that does not pay Tax in the UK instead using a loophole to avoid its social responsibilities.

But yeah crack on and try and get Teacakes cancelled

Some of the replies to his tweets are great but the best one has to be " Trans boycotts aren't boycotts "

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Posted on an Iphone made in an oppressive factory in China potentially using minerals mined by a child which is then sold by a company that does not pay Tax in the UK instead using a loophole to avoid its social responsibilities.

But yeah crack on and try and get Teacakes cancelled

Some of the replies to his tweets are great but the best one has to be " Trans boycotts aren't boycotts "

I love this one of his

" So the cis get upset about the idea of boycotting a cake company but don't get upset at the idea of trans people having their rights taken away. The abuse I have had to put up with today is bleeping staggering."

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Plenty of people have said Tunnocks thought it was just a general LGBT/Pride event, they didn't realise the details. After all, a cake company taking a political position isn't a good idea because it's not good for business regardless of the position.

Like when Yorkshire Tea was seen to be pro Tory because Rishi Sunak posed with a bag of it on Twitter. :D
yeah, I think it just proves that the majority of people have no idea about what is going on

Reactions: 2
Margaret Atwood is tweeting like the clappers to appease the TRAs. It’s worth looking at her Twitter to see the great retreat.

I don’t expect anything from her at this point. She threw JKR under the bus and enjoyed doing so for days. She’s still trying to point the TRAs in JKs direction to get them off her back. I imagine MA had hundreds of threats in her DM box and is trying to get it to stop. She’s already been doxxed - some TRA is sharing her home address online.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I mean, the word boycott seems a bit binary and TERFy to me - surely it should be a themcott?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Margaret Atwood is tweeting like the clappers to appease the TRAs. It’s worth looking at her Twitter to see the great retreat.

I don’t expect anything from her at this point. She threw JKR under the bus and enjoyed doing so for days. She’s still trying to point the TRAs in JKs direction to get them off her back. I imagine MA had hundreds of threats in her DM box and is trying to get it to stop. She’s already been doxxed - some TRA is sharing her home address online.
Screenshot 2021-10-24 14.17.37.png

Is she insinuating that trans people are at risk of being shot in the UK or am I misunderstanding her point?

Reactions: 6
yeah, I think it just proves that the majority of people have no idea about what is going on
Especially as more and more people are avoiding Twitter because of the trolls and polarised people on there.

Reactions: 3
I didn't find Chapelle hilarious either, but I will still defend his right to make tit jokes. Comedy is an art form in itself and the point is that no one is exempt in a roast. He did make fun of a lot of different groups of people, yet only trans people are trying to get him cancelled for it. If you don't like something, it is possible to turn it off and keep it moving.

Some of the sharpest social commentary has historically come from comedians. Hate speech is not the same as speech you hate.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The doodle_bobby account on twitter is the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

"Things that are misogynistic according to GCs.

- Insurance adverts
- Not displaying books
- Disagreement

Things that are not misogynistic according to GCs

- Telling women they aren't women
- Reducing women down to their genitals"

"GCs' use of the term "biological woman" is interesting because they also like to say women don't need modifier adjectives.

So this implies there are women who are biological and women who aren't.

So basically GCs are saying:

Cis women = biological women
Trans women = women"

"I would imagine the gay men saying Stonewall no longer represents them are the same ones who have "masc4masc" in their Grindr bio"

"Maybe cis women and trans women should have a space free from transphobes? That would be best.

Transphobes can have their own prisons, shelters and toilets. Obviously they would need to pay for them themselves."

• Haha
"Maybe cis women and trans women should have a space free from transphobes? That would be best.

Transphobes can have their own prisons, shelters and toilets. Obviously they would need to pay for them themselves."
It reminds me of when someone (maybe Harrop, I can't remember which one exactly) said that female toilets should only be for transwomen and women should be banned and forced to use 'cis women' toilets instead. 🤣

Also - GC people try to pay for it ourselves (VRR being a case in point) but then the fundraisers get taken down.

• Haha
  • Wow
It reminds me of when someone (maybe Harrop, I can't remember which one exactly) said that female toilets should only be for transwomen and women should be banned and forced to use 'cis women' toilets instead. 🤣

Also - GC people try to pay for it ourselves (VRR being a case in point) but then the fundraisers get taken down.
we are living in 1984, language means nothing. Can we just invent a new term for ourselves (that is not cis women) and campaign as a minority group for our own new spaces, then trans women will want to use those and we can move back to being women?
what is VRR?

we are living in 1984, language means nothing. Can we just invent a new term for ourselves (that is not cis women) and campaign as a minority group for our own new spaces, then trans women will want to use those and we can move back to being women?
what is VRR?
Oh sorry - Vancouver Rape Relief

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.