Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But of course biological sex is irrelevant and gender is just a social construct.
Genuine trans/gender struggling people should be treated with respect and dignity however sex based rights should not be erased.
These poor afghan women and girls. I’m sure there are transsexual people in Afghanistan but no man will be jumping up and down to self ID into women’s places …. Because there aren’t any. And no woman will just be able to self ID as a man…

A woman I know recently started identifying as "non-binary." She has a number of mental and physical health problems that I think are far more of a factor here than genuine dysphoria of which she has seen no signs. Today she threw a tantrum on her social media because, when she "came out", she announced she wanted people to pronounce her name slightly differently. She has a common feminine name - let's pretend it's Anna and instead of "ANN-a" she wants people to pronounce it as "AHN-a". She thinks that this is somehow making a break from the past and more befitting of a non-binary person; how? You still have a feminine name that people will always associate with a woman. And sees it as a form of "misgendering" if someone gets it wrong
entitled temper tantrums do seem to be a symptom of transgenderism without dysphoria…

Attachments

Reactions: 5
This is genuinely very disturbing

If people want to write erotica about adults then they can do what they want, but that app is not okay.
What fresh hell is this. And you can have the stories read by a little boy voice 🤮
I notice it's all about male to female, none the other way round. And these guys have some serious mummy issues.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
What fresh hell is this. And you can have the stories read by a little boy voice 🤮
I notice it's all about male to female, none the other way round. And these guys have some serious mummy issues.
i really just don;t understand how this is legal

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I actually hate being a woman sometimes. Everything has to be centred around men and their ‘feelings’. I can see why some women check out because it’s bloody ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I've been saying this for ages. If some people deem children capable of deciding on their gender identity then the next 'logical step' - in the minds of the disturbed - is that they also have the capacity to consent to sex. The twats who think that they are progressive are dumbass libertarians, without a moral compass. This all makes me bleeping sick. Head is blown at all of this. Genuinely sickened and outraged.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
exactly, what can we even do at this point? I feel hopeless really, and in a way I have never felt as a feminist before - obviously there were always issues etc, but i did feel we were (slowly) advancing but now..... we are again just fighting against a very aggressive group of men
i assume you are talking about Scotland still where the biggest problem is the likes of Sturgeon, Spear, Blackman,Black who should be standing up for woman’s rights but are actively pushing the trans agenda. The internal running of the party has also been taken over by a woke element of absolute roasters

Reactions: 10
So I tried to watch Dave chappele's special with a friend who is also similar feelings r.e wokeness and neither of us found it funny. I think we watched about 15-20 mins and he made digs against Asians and Jewish people and then jokes about aids and gay people. None of it was clever or insightful, he always seemed to go for the laziest associations, lowest common denominator jokes. And I know he's black and can say the n word as much as he likes but he seemed to be using it nearly as much as he possibly could.

If dave chappelle should be cancelled it should be for not being funny (though maybe he was funny in the past, not watched him before.)

That bint who made herself the centre of attention at the Sarah Everard vigil has blocked me on Twitter. She was banging on about how wonderful it was that Girls Night In was being inclusive of TW, non binary etc etc. I told her to stick her inclusivity up her arse.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So I tried to watch Dave chappele's special with a friend who is also similar feelings r.e wokeness and neither of us found it funny. I think we watched about 15-20 mins and he made digs against Asians and Jewish people and then jokes about aids and gay people. None of it was clever or insightful, he always seemed to go for the laziest associations, lowest common denominator jokes. And I know he's black and can say the n word as much as he likes but he seemed to be using it nearly as much as he possibly could.

If dave chappelle should be cancelled it should be for not being funny (though maybe he was funny in the past, not watched him before.)
Yeah this is my perspective - I don't enjoy Chappelle's stand up so haven't watched this special. But also, don't think he should be cancelled for it.

Reactions: 7
Let’s hope they also stop men going to women's prisons.
At this point I think the opposite is more likely to happen

In July, a High Court Judge ruled holding transgender women in female jails is lawful because a ban would ignore their right to live as their chosen gender.
Justice minister Lord Wolfson revealed female prisoners who call transgender inmates “he” or “him” face extra time in jail under equality rules or could be punished for “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour”.

• Angry
However its fine to cover up child abuse by staff in Haiti but let us not celebrate a woman who survived DV, benefits as a single mother to become one of the world's most successful authors. Added to this she has donated 10's millions to charity, paid proper tax and championed woman's rights whilst being subject to almost daily death/rape threats.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
However its fine to cover up child abuse by staff in Haiti but let us not celebrate a woman who survived DV, benefits as a single mother to become one of the world's most successful authors. Added to this she has donated 10's millions to charity, paid proper tax and championed woman's rights whilst being subject to almost daily death/rape threats.
cant even be bothered to read that article as i am angry enough having read the title. i assume they will.now make another one in which half of the characters are trans to make it more "inclusive "

Reactions: 9
What these morons fail to realise is that all they are doing is making people go out and buy Tunnocks Teacakes. I bought some yesterday. I've even read that some supermarkets are running low on stock now.

tunocks.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

I watched it last weekend and found it a bit meh, but actually the finale of the show is a long anecdote about a transwoman that Dave once knew. It was genuinely quite touching and really turned the show on its head.

Makes me wonder whether all the TRAs picketing Netflix watched the whole thing too 😄

Reactions: 6
I watched it last weekend and found it a bit meh, but actually the finale of the show is a long anecdote about a transwoman that Dave once knew. It was genuinely quite touching and really turned the show on its head.

Makes me wonder whether all the TRAs picketing Netflix watched the whole thing too 😄
probably not, like most people have no idea what JKR said

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.