Gender Discussion #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The owner doesn't need to tell me the gender of their dog when it's jumping around as some of it's reproductive anatomy can be spotted so maybe not the best example to use.

And many misgender my JRT so people do get dog gender wrong, not that I care when that happens lol
Some pronoun badges for your dog would sort that right out.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My dog is a girly breed and he gets called she all the time. My baby boy also gets called she even though I dress him clearly as a boy. I was also called he from behind a fair few times when I was a teen due having my hair buzzed off at the back.

It really, really doesn't matter. And if people are gonna live and die on how others perceive them, then I'm not surprised they have mental health problems. One of the first things I was told in therapy was, you can't control what other people think of you, so you just have to let it go and stop worrying about it.

Reactions: 17
My dog is a girly breed and he gets called she all the time. My baby boy also gets called she even though I dress him clearly as a boy. I was also called he from behind a fair few times when I was a teen due having my hair buzzed off at the back.

It really, really doesn't matter. And if people are gonna live and die on how others perceive them, then I'm not surprised they have mental health problems. One of the first things I was told in therapy was, you can't control what other people think of you, so you just have to let it go and stop worrying about it.
Me too! And it’s very freeing.

Reactions: 7
OK don't ask me why, but I have a habit of assuming dogs are boys and cats are girls. Absolutely no idea why at all 😆

I've never been misgendered and I would be quite offended if someone asked my pronouns, I'm clearly a woman thanks, but I guess only certain people are allowed to change the world due to their feelings of offense.

Reactions: 11
When I was growing up my severe haircut (thanks mum!) saw me being called sonny on many occasion. I had a cousin 5 years younger, and I squeezed myself in her pushchair. I distinctly remember a policeman saying “you’re far too big for that pram sonny”. No wonder I have got issues.

Who can I sue?

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I think these people are very, very confused.
This isn't making the point they think it is, is it?

Another argument I've seen about why misgendering is bad/harmful (from a lovely non-binary person I follow - i.e. someone who is very clearly a gay man but enjoys gender-ambigious/feminine dressing) is to look at how angry 'cis het' men get if you accidentally misgender them. Why the duck are we taking our cues from misogynist men was my response. bleeping ludicrous argument.

Reactions: 15
OK don't ask me why, but I have a habit of assuming dogs are boys and cats are girls. Absolutely no idea why at all 😆

I've never been misgendered and I would be quite offended if someone asked my pronouns, I'm clearly a woman thanks, but I guess only certain people are allowed to change the world due to their feelings of offense.
I too will be offended if someone asked me for my pronouns.
Re: the dog, look at its face and ears, looks like its thinking "WTF is happening?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have been staying away from Twitter for a few weeks as I've had a lot of overtime recently and also was getting stressed out by Twitter. However I wanted to see what the latest was regarding Marion Millar so have had a look and I see the court date has been delayed, I really hope her team get a great defense in place for her.

She needs to win, for us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
just the other day because my toddler was in a red waterproof suit in the rain someone talking to their kid said ‘watch out for the other little boy’.
Look at her face and she is definitely a little girl. But I don’t care that some random called my kid the wrong thing. Doesn’t matter because they are strangers. So strangers in the street getting it wrong shouldn’t matter to anyone.
My daughter was often mistaken for a boy as a baby as she has two older brothers so I dressed her in lots of their boyish hand me downs. Did I dare? Nope.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.