Gender Discussion #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 10.09.27.png

Good, now other services need to do the same. Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre is not currently fit for purpose

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Bell v Tavistock appeal judgement to be handed down today. Whatever the outcome, I think it will go to the Supreme Court, I can't see any party backing down until it has gone to the top

Reactions: 14
Been pretty dissapointed today, tried to have a discussion about this with a british friend of mine and he kind of just brushed it off. Can't be bothered. We don't have to agree but it's nice to have intellectual conversations, and it's nice to know friends care about issues that affect you. But nah. Men don't care that often

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Men aren’t being asked to give anything up, and won’t be affected by the consequences when women are forced to.
Of course most don’t care 😡

Did anyone else hear Ed Davey say on Radio 4 this morning that women shouldn’t be allowed spaces where men aren’t allowed to enter? 🤢

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Men aren’t being asked to give anything up, and won’t be affected by the consequences when women are forced to.
Of course most don’t care 😡

Did anyone else hear Ed Davey say on Radio 4 this morning that women shouldn’t be allowed spaces where men aren’t allowed to enter? 🤢
Ed Davey, another woke bloke. The state the Lib Dems are in says it all, doesn't it? 😂

I see a lot of people coming back to this argument, that trans women should be allowed in women's spaces and also that "everyone" should be allowed in any space because it's fair and equal. And that would be fine, but women have been barred from men's spaces since the beginning of time. Men's spaces are the default.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
So the Appeal Court have held that the Divisional Court should not have allowed the claim for judicial review.

I guess it will go to the Supreme Court at some point. The judicial review was never to look at the rights or wrongs of giving puberty blockers to children, and the judiciary doesn't want to make any decisions on the matter:

"In this case, the courts have not been required to determine whether treatment for gender dysphoria is wise or unwise. Such policy decisions are for the National Health Service, the medical profession and its regulators and Government and Parliament. It was not suggested in these proceedings that the use of puberty blockers to treat gender dysphoria was unlawful. It was, however suggested by the claimants that the court’s consent should always be obtained before they were prescribed."

Though given how bad Tavistock's record-keeping allegedly is, and in light of Sonia Appleby's win, I think their practice needs investigating asap.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Bell v Tavistock appeal judgement to be handed down today. Whatever the outcome, I think it will go to the Supreme Court, I can't see any party backing down until it has gone to the top
Wow, the decision was overturned. Devastating news for Keira Bell 😪

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Waiting to hear if she will appeal. Not overly concerned by this if she does - the CA has a long history of being overturned by the SC. At this point their role literally seems to be bleeping tit up between the lower and higher courts, it’s really quite bizarre

Reactions: 10
My stomach dropped. It’s just so awful they are putting children on a path of no return. I do hope it is overturned.

Reactions: 19
So the Appeal Court have held that the Divisional Court should not have allowed the claim for judicial review.

I guess it will go to the Supreme Court at some point. The judicial review was never to look at the rights or wrongs of giving puberty blockers to children, and the judiciary doesn't want to make any decisions on the matter:

"In this case, the courts have not been required to determine whether treatment for gender dysphoria is wise or unwise. Such policy decisions are for the National Health Service, the medical profession and its regulators and Government and Parliament. It was not suggested in these proceedings that the use of puberty blockers to treat gender dysphoria was unlawful. It was, however suggested by the claimants that the court’s consent should always be obtained before they were prescribed."

Though given how bad Tavistock's record-keeping allegedly is, and in light of Sonia Appleby's win, I think their practice needs investigating asap.
Why are we the tax payer paying for children under 16 to do something so darn serious?! At 13 I didn’t know what I wanted, nor did I for the majority of my teenage years. This feels wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So are we going to see the law suits 20 years down the line, after the side effects make themselves known, like we did with thalidomide?

Reactions: 19
7E587276-FF1B-42ED-98FF-531E60A5648B.png

Children being sterilised but of course this is what matters more. #inclusion #manwomb

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I'm greatly offended by the pregnant man emoji because he (sorry, mustn't assume gender, I mean they/them) has a moustache. Not all pregnant people have moustaches. Are they suggesting that someone with a uterus might also be a moustache-haver?

(I'm joking btw :ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Something that was mentioned a while ago...maybe needs to be brought up thread again.

The link between the whole gender debate and the mainly US Pharmaceutical companies. I cant remember the exact details or links, but it was talking about how a large number of US pharmaceutical companies have trans men and women donating large sums of money into trans medicine. Into drugs like testosterone and oestrogen to enable gender reassignment
And into the top and bottom operations to enable gender reassignment.

Unlike the UK all of these medical proceedures and drugs are paid for by patients, and therefore extremely lucrative for the drugs companies and private hospitals performing these operations. .
If you are trans, and taking hormones....these are hormones that will need to be taken for life, every single day.

There have been drugs scandals in previous years, where patients have been overdosed on things like anti depressants, so I am not sure I always trust pharmaceutical and drugs companies to do the best for patients, when their main motive is to gain profits for themselves!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.