Gender Discussion #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something that was mentioned a while ago...maybe needs to be brought up thread again.

The link between the whole gender debate and the mainly US Pharmaceutical companies. I cant remember the exact details or links, but it was talking about how a large number of US pharmaceutical companies have trans men and women donating large sums of money into trans medicine. Into drugs like testosterone and oestrogen to enable gender reassignment
And into the top and bottom operations to enable gender reassignment.

Unlike the UK all of these medical proceedures and drugs are paid for by patients, and therefore extremely lucrative for the drugs companies and private hospitals performing these operations. .
If you are trans, and taking hormones....these are hormones that will need to be taken for life, every single day.

There have been drugs scandals in previous years, where patients have been overdosed on things like anti depressants, so I am not sure I always trust pharmaceutical and drugs companies to do the best for patients, when their main motive is to gain profits for themselves!
I suppose many women have been taking hormones for a long time eg the birth control pill and HRT but don't they usually say that you can only take for a limited period of time?

Perhaps I'm wrong but everyday for the rest of your life is pretty drastic unless you have something life threatening.

Reactions: 7
Something that was mentioned a while ago...maybe needs to be brought up thread again.

The link between the whole gender debate and the mainly US Pharmaceutical companies. I cant remember the exact details or links, but it was talking about how a large number of US pharmaceutical companies have trans men and women donating large sums of money into trans medicine. Into drugs like testosterone and oestrogen to enable gender reassignment

Unlike the UK all of these medical proceedures and drugs are paid for by patients, and therefore extremely lucrative for the drugs companies and private hospitals performing these operations. .
If you are trans, and taking hormones....these are hormones that will need to be taken for life, every single day.

There have been drugs scandals in previous years, where patients have been overdosed on things like anti depressants, so I am not sure I always trust pharmaceutical and drugs companies to do the best for patients, when their main motive is to gain profits for themselves!
I'm glad that you have raised the issue of Big Pharma. This is now a highly lucrative income stream and they will be key in promoting trans ideology for tremendous financial gain.

Reactions: 17
Can someone explain it to a dumb ass like me. Does this mean a detransitioner could sue the Tavistock?

Reactions: 1
A few days ago I pooh-poohed the big pharma idea. Now I’m not so certain.
You might find this interesting:

Reactions: 7
Can someone explain it to a dumb ass like me. Does this mean a detransitioner could sue the Tavistock?
Unfortunately it means the opposite. Keira Bell has had her ruling against the Tavistock overturned ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 9
You might find this interesting:

The tangled web of investment, commercial behemoths and politicians is sickening tbh.

Conflict of interest?… What conflict of interest? 🙄

Reactions: 8
I'm sure that I saw a thread started for parents/allies of gender neutral children but I can't find it now?

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately it means the opposite. Keira Bell has had her ruling against the Tavistock overturned ☹
Lots are reading the last paragraph:-
“Clinicians would be alive to the possibility of regulatory or
civil action which allows the issue of whether consent has been properly obtained to be tested in individual cases."
To mean that individuals have a green light to sue the Tavi.

Reactions: 4

In the UK Ferring Pharmaceuticals, which makes the puberty blocker triptorelin, donated £100,000 to the Lib Dems. This article is from December 2019.

A pharmaceutical firm that markets drugs used in gender-identity clinics to delay puberty has given £100,000 to the Liberal Democrats.

Jo Swinson’s party has already upset feminists, who worry that the “extreme trans-ideological” policies in its manifesto will put vulnerable women at risk.

According to the Electoral Commission register, the Lib Dems received the payment on November 22 from Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

The firm, owned by the Swedish billionaire Frederik Paulsen, markets the drug triptorelin, which is used to block puberty among adolescents.

The Lib Dem manifesto pledges “complete reform of the Gender Recognition Act to remove the requirement for medical reports, scrap the fee and recognise non-binary gender identities”.

It also promises to “introduce an ‘X’ gender option on passports and extend equality law to cover gender identity and expression”.

It wants to “require schools to introduce gender-neutral uniform policies and break down outdated perceptions of gender appropriateness of certain subjects.”
Nicola Williams, of Fair Play for Women, a campaigning group, said: “Under Jo Swinson the Lib Dems now have the most extreme trans-ideological position at a time when the other main parties are pausing to consider the impact on women and children.”
Marcus Evans, who resigned earlier this year as a governor of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the NHS’s only gender identity service for children in England, described the donation as “worrying”.

He said: “Transgender people are vulnerable members of our society, but it seems to me that certain members of the trans community have got hold of the political agenda and their rights are being promoted at the expense of other people, such as vulnerable women.”
A Lib Dem spokesman said: “Ferring is a long-standing supporter of the Liberal Democrats. Party policy is determined by members via working groups and at party conference.”
Ferring did not respond to requests for comment.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Ed Davey, another woke bloke. The state the Lib Dems are in says it all, doesn't it? 😂

I see a lot of people coming back to this argument, that trans women should be allowed in women's spaces and also that "everyone" should be allowed in any space because it's fair and equal. And that would be fine, but women have been barred from men's spaces since the beginning of time. Men's spaces are the default.
frankly most will adapt, take away seperate changing rooms in hopes to see naked women? I'll come in my gym gear. Or
Oh no I just saw this appalling news in the Mail 🤬
frankly what's the difference between this and letting them do other drugs?

Reactions: 8
Lots are reading the last paragraph:-
“Clinicians would be alive to the possibility of regulatory or
civil action which allows the issue of whether consent has been properly obtained to be tested in individual cases."
To mean that individuals have a green light to sue the Tavi.
Yes I agree with this (lawyer). They have only overturned the judicial review case, they cannot protect Tavistock from being sued eg for negligence of non disclosure of adequate information about risks of PBs on an individual basis.
frankly what's the difference between this and letting them do other drugs?
Exactly. Other drugs are probably safer, at least in the sense that we have ample research about the longitudinal effects. Still not allowed them.

Reactions: 13
Was watching an utterly I think fascinating video on the things about gender in an entirely genetical way (about well yeah the science behind it all), rather people go on about saying its in the science (though is true you cant change your genetics more doesnt always stay static, is just the way things are really), when in reality a lot of the time I'll bet no ones ever been tested who claims that.

Speaking from a perspective of someone who's not had any kind of gender related things (like I believe those relevant genes exist in least chromosome 40 (I think actually its 46 but dont quote me on that lol and feel utterly free to correct me lol)) in any sense tested, have had chromosome 5 looked at, is why I have the horrible condition that is called Familial Adenomatous Polyposis to cut a long story short essentially is a cell regulator (least partially a tumour suppressor gene that exists in chromosome 5) gene thats least partially missing in me, that inevitably least typically leads to cancer of the large bowel.

In the sort of grossly over simplified sense isnt always black and white, this was that video (though not sure what to make of some of the things she says, is hugely fascinating about what defines the kind of gender in the genetical sense)

Like without regarding at all about gender, have heard the (I think she's amazing and has got me through some rough times or one time when it all came to a head when having to decide what to do about what was left of my large bowel. I honestly thought my head was going to implode with the pressure I was putting on myself, like if I go for this what if this happens and then another and yeah.... but had some kind of counselling on the reality of every decision by some amazing bowel nurses in the hospital I get treated for FAP.) Tove Lo was born with two livers (doesnt mean unfortunately she can drink more lol) but yeah she's incredible

Also heard of a rare case when someone was born with two sets of reproductive organs, when she should have only been born with one.

What I am deadly against is politicising it, have heard of similar things that are in some way least loosely related to what I have problems with, and hate it! Like people being offended for others just is utterly absurd!

What makes my case of FAP rather least a bit strange (had registrars joke saying I should buy a lottery ticket as its unheard of lol) is that my grandfather died of cancer of the large bowel when I was least 11 (I cant remember exactly how old I was) and almost convinced he had an undiagnosed case of FAP. But then since its an autosomal dominant meaning it only requires one of the APC genes (since two are passed onto a parents offspring, so there's a half chance of passing it on) for it to be present, is unheard of in medical circles.

Last edited:
She’s misogynistic, racist and an overall horrible person but everyone who points this out gets called transphobic…
96042A5A-187D-47F2-869D-26B6BD76161D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.