Gender Discussion #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another new thread as we've filled up the old one :)

Marion Millar was in court this morning. The case will be continued on 4th October to give the court time to consider 'a number of preliminary legal issues, including the compatibility of this prosecution with Ms. Millar's human rights under the European Convention of Human Rights.'

She's not making a statement as the case is sub judice. I do wonder if we'll find out what the actual charges are now.

(Second paragraph onwards was supposed to be a separate post, but Tattle has auto-combined it, sorry!)

Reactions: 16

This sort of thing is both absurd and deliberate. Wanting single sex spaces for women (including and especially marginalised women) isn't bigoted and it doesn't mean we want trans people dead or advocate violence against them.

I agree Britain in many ways isn't tolerant and can be very dangerous for some people. But this kind of rhetoric doesn't help in any way

Reactions: 38
Did someime actually calim asylum in New Zealand on the grounds of transphobia in the UK? More fool new Zealand.

I think the UK is pretty tolerant in general. Yes there are some crappy people around, but the fundamental of our society is that people should have the right to live as the see fit,

Trans people have every right that everyone else has. What they want is additional rights.

Reactions: 33
Pretty much sums it up. Hopefully Marion's case gets thrown out but it should have never come this far. She's just a normal woman who they're deliberately trying to wear down in the hope she concedes.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
David Paisley now saying he’s going to leave Scotland as he no longer feels safe. Attention seeking creep, as a Scottish female i no longer feel safe due to what this totalitarian Scottish gov are trying to pull. He’s an arse.

This sort of thing is both absurd and deliberate. Wanting single sex spaces for women (including and especially marginalised women) isn't bigoted and it doesn't mean we want trans people dead or advocate violence against them.

I agree Britain in many ways isn't tolerant and can be very dangerous for some people. But this kind of rhetoric doesn't help in any way
That tweet is ridiculous. I'm an EU national living in the UK. Of course it's not perfect here, but it's absurd to argue that there is any form of systemic abuse of trans people in the UK. The law applies to everyone, so if a trans person is getting abused, threatened or harassed, the police will investigate, as they should. I guess by their rationale I could get asylum in New Zealand due to the fact that I've experienced sexual harassment at work.

David Paisley now saying he’s going to leave Scotland as he no longer feels safe. Attention seeking creep, as a Scottish female i no longer feel safe due to what this totalitarian Scottish gov are trying to pull. He’s an arse.
I'd like to know where these people think the magical land is, where everyone is always kind and no one every disagrees. Perhaps North Korea?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Talk about fishing for support. I was stalked by an ex, and when you feel unsafe, and I mean really unsafe (to the point you check every room and cupboard in your home to make sure he's not there waiting for you when you get in) you certainly don't announce your departure on Twitter :rolleyes:

• Heart
There are many, many countries around the world where gender-non-conforming people, or LGB people, do indeed live in fear. I don't live in the UK, but I am confident it is not one of them.

Especially in light of what's been happening in Afghanistan this month, this is just horrendous bad taste. What a self-centred prick.

Reactions: 31

This is awful. People completely victimised because of their sex.

what a twit. UK not perfect however it could be 50 years ago or Saudi Arabia.

people are done here for “thought crime” now.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
It blows me away that there are TRAs who think that the Scottish Gov aren't trans friendly enough. There's some that even call them transphobic. Most of them are now all about the Scottish Greens.

I know that nothing will ever be enough for them (even if all their demands are met, they'll always move the goal posts) mainly because they've built their activism off of an exaggerated victimhood, that they've even got their allies to fall for. Too many of them compare the UK's ~transphobia~ to Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. Or to the treatment of gay men in the 80s. It's just baffling. All this because a group of women are pointing out the issues with self-ID, and because the NHS wont prioritise them over everyone else.

Reactions: 28
There are many, many countries around the world where gender-non-conforming people, or LGB people, do indeed live in fear. I don't live in the UK, but I am confident it is not one of them.

Especially in light of what's been happening in Afghanistan this month, this is just horrendous bad taste. What a self-centred prick.
Couldn't agree more. These people don't have any concept of how easy they have it and how offensive it is to compare their situation to, for example, gay people living in countries where it is illegal to be gay.

Reactions: 27
Hasn't he been binned from his acting gig? Good time to get out of dodge, once you've embroiled yourself in a high profile court case.

Reactions: 7

Here's a video from Alex Belfield on being told who he should fancy 😄
"Cis lesbians, I'm talking to you".. I wasn't expecting that, but why am I surprised. Absolutely disgusting AGP incels. Alex is hilarious though, I've never heard of him!

Reactions: 9
Hi, I normally lurk here, became more aware when Hubbard competed in a women’s event at the Olympics 🙄 Anyway I was just reading about the Marion Miller trial on Twitter, any news articles just claim she sent transphobic tweets but of course don’t say what they were. I’ve just read she tweeted a photo of the suffragette ribbon, is that it? Can anyone please clarify? That’s absurd!

Hi, I normally lurk here, became more aware when Hubbard competed in a women’s event at the Olympics 🙄 Anyway I was just reading about the Marion Miller trial on Twitter, any news articles just claim she sent transphobic tweets but of course don’t say what they were. I’ve just read she tweeted a photo of the suffragette ribbon, is that it? Can anyone please clarify? That’s absurd!
It's unclear what the charges actually are. The defence team only received them 10 minutes before the hearing, hence one of the reasons for the continuation until October.

Has anyone else seen all the ‘transphobic’ chatter on Twitter about Cameron Mackintosh? He said something about gimmick casting in relation to trans actors and they’ve gone ballistic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The Scotsman has a few details about the charges, but it's all very unclear. Seems that David Paisley took offence to the tweet with the ribbon and then the police officer sent to interview Marion about that took offence to something Marion tweeted about being interviewed.

The Scotsman has a few details about the charges, but it's all very unclear. Seems that David Paisley took offence to the tweet with the ribbon and then the police officer sent to interview Marion about that took offence to something Marion tweeted about being interviewed.

I’m scared for her :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.