Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never used to like living in a slightly backwards, definitely Conservative town... now I’m relieved as no one here would even bother with having debates/the TWAW conversation. They’d say a spade is a spade. I actually couldn’t cope now if I was surrounded by brainwashed people.
I’m 36 and have a teenage daughter. She came home from school last term really upset because some girls in her class were planning a presentation about how bio men shouldn’t be allowed in women’s sports. Go girls! My daughter was in tears and all ‘How can school let them?’ I said that if they aren’t saying anything illegal then you can’t stop them having an opinion, and actually I agree with them. I asked her if that made me transphobic not wanting men in women’s sports and she said I was 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hopefully she will come out of that stage quickly.
Did the girls manage to give the presentation in the end? Good for them I say. I'm sure your daughter will see the light soon, the fact that she can discuss these things with you is good. 💕

Reactions: 5
Hazte Oir sound mighty sensible. They have every right to campaign against these things if they want to. That's the beauty of a free society.
OK, so you believe it's "mighty sensible" to campaign against companies who show same-sex couples in TV ads.

You say that you have "never ever" found Christians to be racist.

You don't believe that the gender pay gap exists.

It seems that you are coming at this from a wildly different position from most of us on this thread.

There was actually a poster with similar viewpoints to you, but she hasn't posted since Saturday...the day your account started posting. Any thoughts on kink?

Reactions: 23
There’s no wage gap
Anti gay sentiment
Anti abortion

I think you’re in the wrong thread, luv x

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The wage gap between men and women is verifiable.

The reasons are myriad, from plain old sexism to the fact that women are usually the ones who provide unpaid caregiving in families and work part time to accommodate this. This is compounded with women having imposter syndrome, being less likely to apply for jobs where they don’t meet all the criteria and having their jobs sidelined during maternity.

Reactions: 15
OK, so you believe it's "mighty sensible" to campaign against companies who show same-sex couples in TV ads.

You say that you have "never ever" found Christians to be racist.

You don't believe that the gender pay gap exists.

It seems that you are coming at this from a wildly different position from most of us on this thread.

There was actually a poster with similar viewpoints to you, but she hasn't posted since Saturday...the day your account started posting. Any thoughts on kink?
Nail on head.

Their profile has disappeared.

Reactions: 11
Wtf. This feels like mockery 🤮. Women in some workplaces are still expected to wear skirts not trousers and heels not flats, yet these men are getting away with acting like absolute clowns and are hailed heroes.
Also enough of this "cis" bullshit.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm a person with XY chromosones (a man, for I don't think anyone on the thread is desperate to resort to such cumbersome language IRL) and I also believe the gender pay gap, while real, is massively overstated and simplified. I remember discussing it with a friend last year - the headline was "woman earn 22% less than a man" - which is technically true. However, when drilled down to same job, same experience, same qualifications etc... the "pay gap" was only 6% IIRC. Which is much less media-worthy than a headline figure in the double digits.

As it is, once someone receives the minimum wage, or the correct amount in a union-negotiated wage structure, I don't really care what people earn. It's an individually-negotiated contract. If you are willing to accept less, or don't know your worth, that is on you, not "the patriarchy", nor the business which is trying to keep costs (such as salaries) to a minimum.

Reactions: 1
I’ve seen him before. He doesn’t claim to be a woman, just likes heels and pencil skirts. It’s not a recent thing either. His shoe collection is extensive. Id allow it - like early Eddie Izzard.

Wtf. This feels like mockery 🤮
This guy looks very like my Dad (in terms of his face) so every time this guy pops up in an article it makes me jump :LOL:

ETA: If he claims not to be a woman whilst wearing these stereotypical items then fine by me. I don’t envy his foot pain after a day at the office though! And I won’t fawn over him saying how brave either.

This guy looks very like my Dad (in terms of his face) so every time this guy pops up in an article it makes me jump :LOL:
Someone thought it was Jeff Bezos 😭😂

I’ve seen him before. He doesn’t claim to be a woman, just likes heels and pencil skirts. It’s not a recent thing either. His shoe collection is extensive. Id allow it - like early Eddie Izzard.
I'm sick of it all tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wtf. This feels like mockery 🤮. Women in some workplaces are still expected to wear skirts not trousers and heels not flats, yet these men are getting away with acting like absolute clowns and are hailed heroes.
Also enough of this "cis" bullshit.

I don't care if men want to wear heels, skirts, makeup...but I don't understand why they get fawned over for it.

It's like Tom Daly knitting at the Olympics, which became an international news story with endless pieces about how wonderful it was. Why must men be celebrated for doing unremarkable things?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
yeah exactly, I don't care what people wear, he is not claiming to be a woman, just a man who likes heels, more power to him, this is as society should be imo

Reactions: 12
I don't care if men want to wear heels, skirts, makeup...but I don't understand why they get fawned over for it.

It's like Tom Daly knitting at the Olympics, which became an international news story with endless pieces about how wonderful it was. Why must men be celebrated for doing unremarkable things?
Hmm. Maybe that's more what annoys me about this. Not that he's wearing women's items but that he's praised soooo much for it 🙄.

I feel like this is where things are getting murky as there are some "trans" people who wear woman's clothes etc yet still look manly so I find it a little confusing knowing if someone is just cross-dressing or "trans."

Reactions: 8

Oh yes then it’s ridiculous.

Although the jumper Tom Daly made was really nice and had colour work which I find difficult so I was impressed as a fellow knitter. It’s like old ladies being impressed with men parenting their own kids - it might be novel to them and their generation but it shouldn’t be considered special for the men now.

Reactions: 12
I'm a person with XY chromosones (a man, for I don't think anyone on the thread is desperate to resort to such cumbersome language IRL) and I also believe the gender pay gap, while real, is massively overstated and simplified. I remember discussing it with a friend last year - the headline was "woman earn 22% less than a man" - which is technically true. However, when drilled down to same job, same experience, same qualifications etc... the "pay gap" was only 6% IIRC. Which is much less media-worthy than a headline figure in the double digits.

As it is, once someone receives the minimum wage, or the correct amount in a union-negotiated wage structure, I don't really care what people earn. It's an individually-negotiated contract. If you are willing to accept less, or don't know your worth, that is on you, not "the patriarchy", nor the business which is trying to keep costs (such as salaries) to a minimum.
I’ll bite. Surely it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out why, over the course of a professional career, a woman might not be able to match a man’s experience and qualifications that he has had time to invest into? The fact of the matter is that men progress because women do the majority of the “wife-work” so that a man has the time and space to be visible on the office and selfishly devote time to what they need to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t care what people earn…. because statistically I’m always going to earn more (as a man)

sigh

women don’t get the same jobs and same pay grades is the point. they are limited by their other responsibilities and often have to take lower paying jobs to fit around them. Women make up fewer leadership and executive roles in most industries.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.