Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They know it, they just don't care as their needs take precedence. Society needs to get a grip and stop treating children like emperors.
If children think that they are the wrong gender they are lovingly but firmly told that it doesn't work like that. It is not possible to change biology and to use it as an opportunity to explore what the underlying issues are, whether that be jumping on a bandwagon or legitimate feelings of gender dysphoria.

However, I think that this agenda has been initiated and led by adults. Even the CEO of the charity Mermaids makes it sound as if she were solely responding to her child's desire to change gender. If you hear the whole story she explicitly states that her husband didn't want a gay son.

The most vociferous voices in all of this seems to be adult men.

Edited to remove divvy cut & paste error 😬

Reactions: 15
know not entirely GC commentary, but it makes me die… where are the feminists?! Why is it down to women to sort this tit storm out? We’re a little busy being hit from all sides, you know?
Every bleeping time! “OMG where are the feminists!” 🤡

Reactions: 9
I think part of how we have gotten here is by being 'too kind'. As @Doc says it is possible to both be empathic and use your intelligence to draw the line. This wishy washy kindness is submissiveness and collusion with BS for fear of offending. As the late, great Magdalen Berns said, I'd rather be rude than a liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have said to my teenage female cousins and my teenage niece, that saying no is okay and that they shouldn’t be prioritising other peoples feelings and entitlement over their own safety.

Too many men genuinely can’t comprehend the fact that it is not okay to come up to a stranger and talk them. I have been called an ignorant bleep before and had been phlegmed on because I wouldn’t interact with them, I just said “stop talking to me I don’t know you” and walked off.

My eldest sister was stalked for a while by a man she was nice to at the train station. Now she won’t even talk to women she doesn’t know when she’s out.

Reactions: 13
Hazte Oir is a really unpleasant group with a history of campaigning aggressively against abortion, gay marriage, and even the presence of same-sex couples in TV ads.
Hazte Oir sound mighty sensible. They have every right to campaign against these things if they want to. That's the beauty of a free society.

I'm sure many moderate Christians understand the value of separation between church and state. I'm talking about the far right types, particularly in America, who are adamant about having 'in god we trust' on the money or who freakout because someone swore into Congress on a book that wasn't the bible. The type who abused or attacked your average Muslim person after 9/11 etc. That kind of person.
I'm Asian. I've been to the Bible Belt in the USA. Most welcoming, warm, old-fashioned people I've ever met.

Sometimes I wonder if it's white people who make a big hoo-ha about these things where the actual reality is completely different.

I think part of how we have gotten here is by being 'too kind'. As @Doc says it is possible to both be empathic and use your intelligence to draw the line. This wishy washy kindness is submissiveness and collusion with BS for fear of offending. As the late, great Magdalen Berns said, I'd rather be rude than a liar.
Excellent point. It's also about this whole 'anti-judgement' thing where being judgemental is seen as the worst thing ever. How one presumes to function in life without making judgment calls and exercising discernment is a mystery.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I forget where I saw this shared but its relevant to the problems with 'be kind' in all situations:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've been rewatching Atlanta recently. This Transracial segment is hilarious and a perfect parody of the transgender situation.

Apologies for the subtitles but I couldn't find the same clip without.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
where are the feminists?! Why is it down to women to sort this tit storm out? We’re a little busy being hit from all sides, you know?
The point is, why aren't the feminists, especially the big Hollywood ones who seem to be completely schtum, making a huge hoo ha about Afghanistan rather than harass us all about non-existent gender pay gaps with manipulated data, or all the non-things Western feminists usually seem to go on about.

Lily Cole is a cretin, that Instagram post she did was horrendous timing. She’s married isn’t she? In a hetero relationship... why is she pretending to be different than what she is? Relevancy, I’m sure. Backfired on her though, good.
I was at university with her. Cretin is absolutely the right word. She was also one of those girls who was always convinced everyone was in love with her which was erm... never true.

Seeing her in a goddamn burka is mega lol 😂😂😂

I'm in my mid-fifties, and it's so hard to disagree with the narrative, especially if you work in public health as I do.
I work in midwifery and I'm seeing a gradual acceptance of this twattery, it's creeping into what is supposed to be a woman-centric environment. We have maternity-specific blood test forms, no-one uses these for anything other than blood samples from pregnant women. Yet a recent addition to the form, is a box we have to fill in, marked "Male/Female". Wtaf?

I was sent an information leaflet via email the other day. The leaflet contains instructions for form-filling on a particular computer program. The leaflet had two columns, one for the "care provider", and the other for "pregnant person". I'm pretty sure that they mean "woman", they're just too scared to say so.

I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of it to be honest. It's only a matter of time before they ask for our gender pronouns, I've already seen some email signatures with this entirely unnecessary information tacked on the end. I've got a girls name, I'm a woman and I always have been, I'll start using "Mrs Klara" if I have to, but I'm not telling anyone to call me "she/her". They can just duck the duck off 😠😠
You poor thing. I also work for the NHS, also known as the Narcissists Health Service, and it's a damned mafia. I'm trying to move my medical career to Poland or Hungary even if I have to take a massive pay cut. The situation here is untenable.

Will you be able to continue?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The point is, why aren't the feminists, especially the big Hollywood ones who seem to be completely schtum, making a huge hoo ha about Afghanistan rather than harass us all about non-existent gender pay gaps with manipulated data, or all the non-things Western feminists usually seem to go on about.
The gender pay gap is a thing though? We can care about multiple issues in multiple places when it comes to women’s rights and feminism.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Absolutely this. The BeKind shite gets directed towards girls mostly as well, so even worse. We need encourage kids to be confident without arrogance. We also need to stop dismissing girls and women with the notion that emotional=stupid, because at the moment society says emotional = woman = stupid/subordinate.

Your daughter is lucky to have you as her guide 💕
My daughter was a bit upset that an older girl had said she was bossy. She is a bit, but if she was a boy it would be leadership skills (and that’s also what her school report said). She’s also really kind and has lots of friends. So I told her that it doesn’t matter what other people say.

I have said to my teenage female cousins and my teenage niece, that saying no is okay and that they shouldn’t be prioritising other peoples feelings and entitlement over their own safety.

Too many men genuinely can’t comprehend the fact that it is not okay to come up to a stranger and talk them. I have been called an ignorant bleep before and had been phlegmed on because I wouldn’t interact with them, I just said “stop talking to me I don’t know you” and walked off.

My eldest sister was stalked for a while by a man she was nice to at the train station. Now she won’t even talk to women she doesn’t know when she’s out.
The whole ‘I’m just being nice’ excuse. I hate that.
Men - learn that women and girls might not want to talk to you, even if you think you are being nice - you aren’t.

Reactions: 11
Women don't commit violent crimes at the same rate because they can't. They don't have the physical strength or high testosterone to lower inhibition.

Take these factors out of it and you'll find we're every bit as violent as men: men and women kill children everywhere in the world in an equal split.

---

Sorry what is TRA, TWAW, WAW?

Is there a glossary somewhere?

Christians are naturally anti-secular but I've never ever found them to be racist.

For sure. These lunatics are operating on borrowed time. I really want to see jail time for some of these doctors doing a Goebbels on little kids. HUGE amounts of money in trans surgery by the way. It's an enormous cash cow. Plus the government gives hospitals and doctors bonuses on top.

This sounds so hard, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I'd do in your situation. I guess, like him, I'd surround myself with people of shared values.

Sanity would also factor quite high up in my list of requirements in friends and family, unless the insane person was seeking help rather than try to co-opt me into their insanity.

I wish there was a real life community for people with our beliefs but HNH and Plod would probably label us a terrorist group, they're so corrupt.

I'm a decade older than you but am often around your age group on a course I'm doing. Even the potential allies have shut off all thought or feeling and walk around like weird asleep people. Easier to be comatose than aware. Maybe get into communities where these things don't come up. Rarely hear about this stuff when I go karting or play tennis or learn about gardening or DIY. As for those who agree, I don't know. Even religious people are forced to pay lip service so going to church or synagogue is no sure bet. It depends where you are. Try and get out of city centres.

TRA - Trans rights activist
TWAW Trans women are women
WAW Women are women.

I bet the TRA's are FUMING that attention is being paid to ACTUAL WOMEN WITH REAL VAGINAS in Afghanistan and momentarily they are not the tippermost of the victim pyramid.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If that's the kind of magical thinking you want to employ, it's up to you.
Baffled in a thread full of feminists this is a thing you are calling ‘magical thinking’. Seriously?

Also baffled you think a homophobic group is ‘mighty sensible’.
Hazte Oir sound mighty sensible. They have every right to campaign against these things if they want to. That's the beauty of a free society.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Well done to The View Magazine, I suspect they'll get some backlash for this.

Rest of the thread:

Screenshot 2021-08-18 14.47.02.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I never used to like living in a slightly backwards, definitely Conservative town... now I’m relieved as no one here would even bother with having debates/the TWAW conversation. They’d say a spade is a spade. I actually couldn’t cope now if I was surrounded by brainwashed people.
I’m 36 and have a teenage daughter. She came home from school last term really upset because some girls in her class were planning a presentation about how bio men shouldn’t be allowed in women’s sports. Go girls! My daughter was in tears and all ‘How can school let them?’ I said that if they aren’t saying anything illegal then you can’t stop them having an opinion, and actually I agree with them. I asked her if that made me transphobic not wanting men in women’s sports and she said I was 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hopefully she will come out of that stage quickly.

Reactions: 9
A trans-identified woman I know has just tweeted that she wouldn't be allowed to donate blood as "gay men and trans girls" can't do it. "Trans girls" are men, and you're not a man, gay or straight. Donating blood is a personal choice, and choosing not to is fine; but trying to make a point out of it this way is just silly

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.