Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done to the state of Virginia, who have decided to house Chris Chan in a men's prison after bail was denied.

Reactions: 25
Cannot stand this guy. Equal access to healthcare? What exactly does he not currently have access to?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Cannot stand this guy. Equal access to healthcare? What exactly does he not currently have access to?

This winds me up. A lot of NHS services are a lottery such as where I live in Essex you get 0 rounds of IVF regardless of circumstances. Few miles away in London, some boroughs get 3 rounds. That isn't equal access.

But if you break your leg or have a car crash etc. You will get the same care regardless of your sex or gender ideology.

I assume by health care he means hormones and gender reassigned surgery. This is not life or death health care needs despite what they might think.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Owen, you are not being denied any healthcare whatsoever by saying that you are "non-binary". What a load of tosh. The NHS will treat you just as they do everyone else.

Reactions: 26
“Raising awareness” always makes me laugh. You can’t effing escape it!!

• Haha
I couldn't reply, but to the user who asked, Next in Fashion was on Netflix! probably still is.

can someone explain what non-binary is, because that video just looks like a white guy demanding rights he already has

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Refers to an incident earlier this week in Japan where a man attacked several women on the subway with a knife. He stated he "wanted to kill women who looked happy".

Aside from the fact that a lot of Japanese feminists would be classed as "TERFs", and that the situation around trans people is different there (trans people have to be sterilised before they can legally change their gender identity, there is a tendency to conflate "transwoman" with "gay man/drag queen" and many people don't see a difference) - WTF? "The victims were targeted because they looked like women", "we don't know whether the victims were cis or trans." We know they weren't men

Reactions: 9

Oh duck off, healthcare is so male orientated even the bleeping rats in experiments are male so that twit is far better served than women

Reactions: 21
This winds me up. A lot of NHS services are a lottery such as where I live in Essex you get 0 rounds of IVF regardless of circumstances. Few miles away in London, some boroughs get 3 rounds. That isn't equal access.

But if you break your leg or have a car crash etc. You will get the same care regardless of your sex or gender ideology.

I assume by health care he means hormones and gender reassigned surgery. This is not life or death health care needs despite what they might think.
Re hormones/gender reassignment - someone asked why a non binary person would need this and just got told to "educate themselves" 🙄 apparently non binary people want access to hormones to alter their physical appearance. That's all voluntary though and I doubt the NHS will be dishing out hormones to people who want to experiment with their gender identity.. For now.

Owen, you are not being denied any healthcare whatsoever by saying that you are "non-binary". What a load of tosh. The NHS will treat you just as they do everyone else.
He really desperately wants to be discriminated against, he's vile

Reactions: 15
Just caught up on the last thread, I’ve not been on here so much because the world been overwhelming but loving reading all your thoughts as always ❤

Reactions: 7
Re hormones/gender reassignment - someone asked why a non binary person would need this and just got told to "educate themselves" 🙄 apparently non binary people want access to hormones to alter their physical appearance. That's all voluntary though and I doubt the NHS will be dishing out hormones to people who want to experiment with their gender identity.. For now.

He really desperately wants to be discriminated against, he's vile
I have seen non-binary GenZ-ish aged influencers on YT talking about taking testosterone on YouTube. And Herapp had ads advertising microdosing testosterone.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Btw I recommend this docu on Gender Ideology:

There's a good section early on about understanding this not necessarily being about left vs right, but more about authoritarianism vs liberalism.

Reactions: 3
Hi all, new to the thread but not new to being in dispair about trans and the effect it is having on children and women's rights

At a guess I would say the medical treatment they have to wait for , is mastectomies and hrt. Because funnily enough, women with breast cancer get theirs breasts removed pretty quickly, and trans people that just want their healthy body parts removed have to wait for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi all, new to the thread but not new to being in dispair about trans and the effect it is having on children and women's rights

At a guess I would say the medical treatment they have to wait for , is mastectomies and hrt. Because funnily enough, women with breast cancer get theirs breasts removed pretty quickly, and trans people that just want their healthy body parts removed have to wait for ages.
Welcome @Brigitjonesbuttcheek

Many of us also despair at the effect this is having on children so you’re not alone in that regard.

I’ve seen many comments online of people angered that women get HRT “like candy” but it’s not given to people who say they want it for being trans - when it is actually quite difficult for women to get HRT when they desperately need it.

Welcome @Brigitjonesbuttcheek
I’ve seen many comments online of people angered that women get HRT “like candy” but it’s not given to people who say they want it for being trans - when it is actually quite difficult for women to get HRT when they desperately need it.
And it is literally the only example they can ever come up with. Even though HRT for menopause has absolutely nothing to do with transgender healthcare other than the fact that it is also related to hormones. I read through a ton of that Twitter thread and not one person seemed to be able to come up with any other example. 🤔

The simple fact is that there is no two-tier system of healthcare for being "cis" and being "trans". If I break my leg I'll get the same treatment as anyone else whatever any of us identify as. In fact at least if you're transgender you can get somewhere with your healthcare needs, but if you're a cis woman who needs a hysterectomy or wants sterilisation, we're told basically that we can't be trusted to know for ourselves whether we want to have children or not in the future, and sent off with duck all.

If they want to be listened to with this stuff they'd be far better off to realise that women also suffer from long wait times and not being taken seriously, rather than pitting us against them. We're having the same problem, we're not THE problem.

Reactions: 17
And it is literally the only example they can ever come up with. Even though HRT for menopause has absolutely nothing to do with transgender healthcare other than the fact that it is also related to hormones. I read through a ton of that Twitter thread and not one person seemed to be able to come up with any other example. 🤔

The simple fact is that there is no two-tier system of healthcare for being "cis" and being "trans". If I break my leg I'll get the same treatment as anyone else whatever any of us identify as. In fact at least if you're transgender you can get somewhere with your healthcare needs, but if you're a cis woman who needs a hysterectomy or wants sterilisation, we're told basically that we can't be trusted to know for ourselves whether we want to have children or not in the future, and sent off with duck all.

If they want to be listened to with this stuff they'd be far better off to realise that women also suffer from long wait times and not being taken seriously, rather than pitting us against them. We're having the same problem, we're not THE problem.
I bet if it was possible to transplant a womb and ovaries to men they'd be whipping them out in seconds with little thought to women.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.