Gender Discussion #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding the pronouns at work chat, this is an excellent summary of why we should resist

Though it is a little disappointing when it's arseholes like GB News sharing your view on something :( Makes me wonder if I'm going to be on the "wrong side" of history on this one.

Reactions: 5
Well I don't know anything about GB news but Andrew Doyle speaks a lot of sense there but does it matter who believes in biology, whether it be Donald Trump or the Dalai Lama? Besides, plenty of amazing people on 'our side'

I had those doubts at the beginning too but I couldn't unsee all I'd seen and it's gotten worse

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Well I don't know anything about GB news but Andrew Doyle speaks a lot of sense there but does it matter who believes in biology, whether it be Donald Trump or the Dalai Lama? Besides, plenty of amazing people on 'our side'
You're right, there are plenty of amazing people who share our views and I should think more about that! I'm sure I could think of plenty of things I believe strongly in and I could find some utter wanker who agreed.

Reactions: 9
Caching up on the Olympics and one of the DSD Namibians took a silver, the bleeping BBC interviewed them. The quicker the IAAF get proof that there is a significant advantage in all events the better. Neither of the Namibians had trained for the 200m until a few weeks ago and now one of them has stolen a medal from a bilological female. A woman simply would not be able to do that.
Is it known what type of DSD she has ? I only ask because my - incredibly limited - understanding is that Castor Semenya has a DSD which is specific to XY-chromosoned people (or men, for short). If Mbomba has a DSD which is specific to XX-chromosoned people (women). If she does indeed have XX chromosones (and I'm saying she because for the moment I don't know and as she's in the women's event it seems fair) then it would be interesting to see / think about what the IOC would / should do.

Edit: after a very quick Google it would appear that Mbomba has XY chromosones, so would appear to be a man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Spotted today: "people with endometriosis" (they're all women), "people with vaginas who have sex with men" (do you mean straight and bi women?)

Is it known what type of DSD she has ? I only ask because my - incredibly limited - understanding is that Castor Semenya has a DSD which is specific to XY-chromosoned people (or men, for short). If Mbomba has a DSD which is specific to XX-chromosoned people (women). If she does indeed have XX chromosones (and I'm saying she because for the moment I don't know and as she's in the women's event it seems fair) then it would be interesting to see / think about what the IOC would / should do.

Edit: after a very quick Google it would appear that Mbomba has XY chromosones, so would appear to be a man.
I regret what's happened to some of these athletes who are genuinely intersex. But it's not fair for them to compete against natal women who are not intersex. And in NO way should it be treated as "the fact they are Black proves that keeping men out of women's sports is a racist conspiracy, and "Laurel" Hubbard and others like him should all be allowed in"

Reactions: 5
Spotted today: "people with endometriosis" (they're all women), "people with vaginas who have sex with men" (do you mean straight and bi women?)

I regret what's happened to some of these athletes who are genuinely intersex. But it's not fair for them to compete against natal women who are not intersex. And in NO way should it be treated as "the fact they are Black proves that keeping men out of women's sports is a racist conspiracy, and "Laurel" Hubbard and others like him should all be allowed in"
Why not 'people with vaginas who have sex with people with penises'? I guess that would exclude trans men, so perhaps 'people with vaginas who have sex with people with penises and people with vaginas '. Yeah, that's it. Clear as mud.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was quite relieved when I had a sexual health appointment a few weeks ago and the nurse asked if I "have sex with men or women" and not some nutty contrivance about people with penises 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just caught a bit of a chat on Arte here in France. Lots of mention and emphasis on "naturally occurring elevated testosterone" in these "women". Zero mention of DSD.

I'm getting really tired of this idea that dsd athletes are being prevented from competing, they aren't, they just aren't good enough to compete in the Mens event. I have sympathy for them, it's must be horrible at 18 years old to find out that you aren't female (which they aren't), particularly in such a public way but in the interest of fairness they shouldn't be able to compete at all, not even if they take their testostrone down to the levels required ( which are still significantly higher than a biological woman would have)
ETA an this idea that it is based on racism is bogus, the 4th placed woman (SAFP) is Jamaican.
ETAF Great article here. Caster Semenya originally did reduce her testosterone levels to the 5x above a womans and guess what, she was tit and couldn't win anymore which is why she fought it right to the Human Rights Court and the rules for 200m to 1500m came into existence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Just caught a bit of a chat on Arte here in France. Lots of mention and emphasis on "naturally occurring elevated testosterone" in these "women". Zero mention of DSD.
I keep noticing this and the insinuation is clear - that some black women have naturally very high levels of testosterone and that’s why they look so manly 😳

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

😂

On the subject of sports, one thing that interests me is that on the TRA side, they try to paint women annoyed about men playing in women's sports as not having any actual interest in sport and that they have never given a damn about any women's sports issues before (unequal coverage, unequal funding etc etc).

And yes, while some GC women might not be knowledgable or active in sport, we know that many are and that women unhappy with current rules include sports stars themselves, coaches, sports science experts etc etc.

ETA: Posie Parker was on TalkRadio against Peter Tatchell. He tried to claim that transwomen are smaller, weaker and have less testosterone than other men. Presentor burst out with ' but Laurel Hubbard.'

Reactions: 13
Peter Tatchell’s well-documented paedophile-apologist background and PIE links should mean that he is debarred from ever espousing any of his highly questionably, if not frankly dangerous, opinions on any form of public media.

Why the duck is anyone giving this shameful twit the oxygen of publicity?

Reactions: 12
E79ZWk5XoAQ1XTd.jpg

While people are getting their underwear in a knot over Raven Saunders' X gesture, they haven't paid attention to the colours in her hair........

Reactions: 6
Somebody on Twitter said it might be the genderqueer colours? I hope not, I hope it's suffragette colours.

Somebody on Twitter said it might be the genderqueer colours? I hope not, I hope it's suffragette colours.
The suffragette colours in America seem to be yellow, white and purple

Edit - the flag associated with those colours seems to be genderqueer. She talks about being queer a lot in general
I really don’t think it’s that deep

Apologies if I've gotten that one wrong; I was going by the suffragette colours over here.

Reactions: 4
Apologies if this has already been posted. Nothing groundbreaking discussed in this, but I love Blaire and and enjoy all chats she appears on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.