Gender Discussion #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've lurked here for a couple of months now and I was hesitant to make an account but I finally decided to join because I can't take this nonsense anymore. Yesterday I reported this post on tumblr for encouraging violence/hate speech:

I recieved an e-mail saying they recieved my report and would assess whether or not they'll take action. I checked and the post is still up right now. which means they did absolutely nothing. I guess I should have expected as much from tumblr, home of the woke. If I were to copy and paste the entire post and replace the word terf with trans I'd probably get banned and get bombarded with death threats but apparently wishing death on women who don't share your opinion is a perfectly acceptable and reasonable thing to do 🙄 I've decided to boycott tumblr because I don't want any part of a site that wraps those people in bubble wrap whilst accepting vile vitriol and death threats against women. I've already boycotted reddit too. At this rate there won't be anywhere left where it's safe to have a gender critical opinion.
What kind of vile creature even thinks things like that, never mind post it?

Reactions: 12

there is no correlation here at all. also the username. damsel. a word that no cis woman would use to describe themselves.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
This is the crux of it for me

It is heartening to see so many men on Twitter who are speaking out against this ludicrous decision by NZ and Olympic Ctte. They range from the scientific objections full of facts to the pithy one liners. From what I see the dissent and the slow awakening far outweighs the handmaidens, the trans activists and the attention seeking weirdos. This event may well be the push back we need and open eyes to all the other injustices faced by women in the name of trans rights.

I believe that trans rights are important. Everybody should be able to present themselves in the way they feel is right, and treated with fairness and dignity. It does not mean tramping on others rights, or being allowed to invade women’s sports or spaces.

Reactions: 19
I agree. Trans people should be treated fairly and with respect, they do need health care and protection from discrimination and violence. We can have these things and still not allow a middle aged white man to compete against women in the Olympics while taking the place of a young woman of colour who earned it

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The tweet/account has been taken down from my post #43 hence it is now showing as unavailable, it was from a bloke who presumably was scared about being in trouble as the account was in his name. Although he did not say anything contentious in the tweet, but maybe there were others on his account.

He was responding to a tweet from a woman who said that she trained weights hard in the gym but she knew how ever hard she trained, she could not beat the males in the gym, but what motivated her was trying to be the best she could, and if you took that away, you destroyed women’s sport. He said:
You'd think that was an unarguable point, wouldn't you?
My problem, as a man, is the assault on reason itself. It is as if the people who are being driven to comply with this lunacy have abandoned reason in a fit of terror. It is really quite extraordinary.

Seems like this guy has abandoned his account in a fit of terror.

Reactions: 7
I agree. Trans people should be treated fairly and with respect, they do need health care and protection from discrimination and violence. We can have these things and still not allow a middle aged white man to compete against women in the Olympics while taking the place of a young woman of colour who earned it
Exactly! TRAs are always pushing narrative that GC people are denying the existence of trans people and want them dead, but I’m pretty sure no GC person on the planet believes trans people aren’t deserving of appropriate healthcare or protection from harm.

I just don’t believe in transing children or vulnerable young person (especially autistics), in erasing single sex spaces, changing the language around female health and biology, and destroying women’s sports.

That’s it.

Reactions: 20
I have learnt so much from this forum and have really enjoyed the debate, if a bit depressing at times.

I agree on an earlier post about how men don't understand the extent of the issue. I always ask if a heterosexual man would have any cause for complaint if he slept with a trans-woman without prior knowledge. That usually provokes a reaction from men.

Reactions: 21
Tried being better, sure this has been posted before but it is measuring high school boys against actual women Olympic finalists. Particularly interesting are the swimming results (keep scrolling down) where the although the top woman's result is a new world record they are still beaten by teenage boys. But yeah sure try bleeping hard to be better!
"BoysVsWomen.com" https://boysvswomen.com#/

Reactions: 9
I just don't understand why people are bending over backwards to defend Laurel Hubbard. Why can people not be rational about it? Accepting that it's unfair to allow a biological man to compete in women's sport is not transphobic. Surely the weightlifting records speak for themselves.

Reactions: 15
I just don't understand why people are bending over backwards to defend Laurel Hubbard. Why can people not be rational about it? Accepting that it's unfair to allow a biological man to compete in women's sport is not transphobic. Surely the weightlifting records speak for themselves.
It’s a purity spiral. People are too afraid to speak the rational truth. Do I blame them? Absolutely not.

Reactions: 6
The thing that annoys me so much about all of this is that sports should be (and were) seperated by sex not gender. It doesn't matter how someone chooses to identify themself, if they're physically male they should compete with men. It's like they're actings as though sex doesn't exist at all and there's only gender. I don't understand how anyone can try to deny the biological differences or pretend that just because a man grows his hair long and says he's a woman it magically makes him the same. Where are they going to draw the line. At this rate in the future a man could just turn up to a women's sports competition and throw on a wig and some lipstick and be allowed to take part whilst anyone stating the obvious truth will be treated like scum for daring to speak out.

I used to do jujitsu for a long time and luckily I never had to compete against any TIM in competitions but when I trained I often trained with men and it was significantly harder to win against them or to even stand a chance. My blood boils for the women who are unfairly forced to compete against men. You'd think after Fallon Fox broke his opponents skull it would be enough for people to realise that men have no place in women's sports but apparently not. How many more women need to be injured or unfairly lose their rightful place before this madness stops. A woman could die and people would still probably try to deny that it's an issue.

Reactions: 17
I am waiting for a gorilla to take up weightlifting and enter the men’s weightlifting, and then go on to take a man’s place at a forthcoming Olympics. Imagine. Seems farfetched. But who would have thought this would happen?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I haven’t actually seen anyone be able to explain it, just people wrapping themselves up talking in circles and refusing to engage with the argument

Reactions: 7
I read a tweet earlier which I think summed it up really well, and I feel like this will "peak" so many people to allow questioning to be a conversation.
But the sentiment was "just because you don't agree with zionists, doesn't mean you hate all jewish people, much the same just because you question trans women in sport doesn't mean you're transphobic"

There needs to be an allowance of reasonable conversation without moving straight to TERF and aggressive shouting of Transphobia it's terrifying to see any slight questioning,
equating to a hate crime. I feel like it's really staring to show the emperor has no clothes.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.