Gender Discussion #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw ages ago someone mentioning that your average everyday man (who doesn't live online and doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing) won't take notice to things like prisons or changing rooms or places on conferences because they don't know what it is like to be afraid of men or to lose out on jobs because of men. But that as soon as it starts happening in sports they'll wake up because they know what it is like to be stronger (in general) than women and they can easily understand that isn't fair.

I was sceptical but it seems to be true - I've seen so many men commenting who have clearly just peaked.

Reactions: 27
I don’t know… mediocre white men take the jobs of more qualified women every day in countries across the world. They’re used to it and don’t see it as unfair.

Reactions: 10
True but with something like business you can say that the man had some different personal qualities and that's why they got the job - with strength and speed it is a very technical difference - you can say 'this is the world record for strength/speed between men and women' and that's a lot less easy for people to ignore.

Reactions: 11
When I thought I couldn't loathe Ash Sarkar any more....
I've blocked her, she tries so hard never to agree with women, she has so much internalised misogyny. Absolute Handmaiden. Silly, silly person.

I saw ages ago someone mentioning that your average everyday man (who doesn't live online and doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing) won't take notice to things like prisons or changing rooms or places on conferences because they don't know what it is like to be afraid of men or to lose out on jobs because of men. But that as soon as it starts happening in sports they'll wake up because they know what it is like to be stronger (in general) than women and they can easily understand that isn't fair.

I was sceptical but it seems to be true - I've seen so many men commenting who have clearly just peaked.
This. My husband is a nice guy, but until I started pointing out things this year he was blissfully unaware. E.g. when the news covered Sarah Everard's disappearance and women on social medi were sharing their near-miss stories, he was astounded when I said how I would never consider going for a walk at night on my own because of fear of rape. Stuff like that, it doesn't cross their mind. They don't experience men perving on them at work the same way we do, etc etc. I can only hope that the stark visual image of Hubbard winning against women on TV will peak a lot of men. A lot of people need that visual comparison to confront their own eyes. You can write articles about experience and describe events but surely people will mostly take notice when confronted with the visual disparity. That's my hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
My Twitter timeline is pretty much exclusively about Jess de Wahls and Laurel Hubbard at the moment 😆

Tell you what’s interesting and oh so unsurprising - the people condemning de Wahls and supporting Hubbard are pretty much exclusively men with beards. Isn’t that fascinating? Beardy woke bros are the worst.

Hubbard is doing great work though. The world is waking up. It’s so true that men, in the main, don’t give a tit about changing rooms and refuges. Sports though? Different story. Frankly I don’t care what it takes to blow the lid off this - if sports is the clincher then I’ll take it.

🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m on a 12 hour ban from Twitter. A daft handmaiden said in reply to Julie Bindel “so many TERFS to block in these replies” and I said “knock yourself out” Twitter says I’m encouraging self harm 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Sport is where the money is too, so if enough people are peaked and boycott the Olympics, it could affect the sporting economy, which would hopefully make them rethink this whole mess.

Reactions: 12
I've lurked here for a couple of months now and I was hesitant to make an account but I finally decided to join because I can't take this nonsense anymore. Yesterday I reported this post on tumblr for encouraging violence/hate speech:

I recieved an e-mail saying they recieved my report and would assess whether or not they'll take action. I checked and the post is still up right now. which means they did absolutely nothing. I guess I should have expected as much from tumblr, home of the woke. If I were to copy and paste the entire post and replace the word terf with trans I'd probably get banned and get bombarded with death threats but apparently wishing death on women who don't share your opinion is a perfectly acceptable and reasonable thing to do 🙄 I've decided to boycott tumblr because I don't want any part of a site that wraps those people in bubble wrap whilst accepting vile vitriol and death threats against women. I've already boycotted reddit too. At this rate there won't be anywhere left where it's safe to have a gender critical opinion.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Aside from it being a complete farce, I think people rightly have an issue with a 43 year old breezing through and being selected for the team. Just shows you how much stronger they are, so much so that they can still compete at 43 (and I'm not saying that's old! But there are very few Olympians in their 40s). I really feel for the young women who have missed out on their spot.

Reactions: 23
I genuinely don’t get any woman buying into trans women are women delusion. They are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Reactions: 25
I genuinely don’t get any woman buying into trans women are women delusion. They are like turkeys voting for Christmas.
Back when I was a teen I was one of the people who bought into that nonsense because my friends were part of the woke tumblr crowd and I thought I was being nice by playing along with everything. I was basically brainwashed into thinking that if I didn't play along with it I was a horrible person who's taking their rights away. I ended up drifting away from that group of friends after I left school and I'm so glad I did because it made me realise that indulging the delusions of TIM only ends up harming women. The women who buy into it think they're just being nice and inclusive but in reality they're digging their own graves.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My Twitter timeline is pretty much exclusively about Jess de Wahls and Laurel Hubbard at the moment 😆

Tell you what’s interesting and oh so unsurprising - the people condemning de Wahls and supporting Hubbard are pretty much exclusively men with beards. Isn’t that fascinating? Beardy woke bros are the worst.

Hubbard is doing great work though. The world is waking up. It’s so true that men, in the main, don’t give a tit about changing rooms and refuges. Sports though? Different story. Frankly I don’t care what it takes to blow the lid off this - if sports is the clincher then I’ll take it.

🙌
This was one of the responses to that tweet - I think a lot of people still believe in this old-school definition of trans

Screenshot 2021-06-22 10.25.35.png

• Sick
Reactions: 3
This thread is well worth a read. Top notch entertainment, but this particular tweet (and it’s faux outrage over an undeniable fact) is a highlight

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Aside from it being a complete farce, I think people rightly have an issue with a 43 year old breezing through and being selected for the team. Just shows you how much stronger they are, so much so that they can still compete at 43 (and I'm not saying that's old! But there are very few Olympians in their 40s). I really feel for the young women who have missed out on their spot.
I think I read that the average age of the NZ weightlifting team is 24? Says it all really doesn’t it.

How many female athletes are speaking out against this currently?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
This says it all in a nutshell, Big Jock spot on

Edited to add - Piers Morgan is going for it on Twitter. I can’t abide him but his reach globally is big, and his articulacy in his plain speaking (when he drops the fixation with Harry/Meghan) is welcomed, and creates traction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.