Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doc

VIP Member
I honestly think the general population are starting to get sick of political activism and pressure groups.

I personally am sick of being asked to indulge self perception of others. I don’t care how you identify, but I don’t want to play the game of pronouns and inclusive language just to make you feel validated at the expense of my beliefs.

The Laurel Hubbard story shows that there are a lot of people who have stayed silent on the issue into now, but will be pushed into saying enough is enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

2020two

Chatty Member
Until a baby can magically come out of a penis and not a vagina it is pregnant WOMEN. If your gender dysphoria is so awful that you can't bare to be called a woman, don't do the most inherently female thing you can possibly do. They cannot be as "dysphoric" as they claim to be.

I spent close to two months on hospital bed rest trying to keep my premature twins inside of me for as long as possible. I saw tens of new pregnant women in labour every single day, I never saw a man.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
If I’ve read this right, the women that Hubbard has over taken are two indigenous women? With New Zealand having a difficult relationship with indigenous people and colonialism I’m surprised the country was ok with women of colour being swept to the side for a white person.
Of course, no groups matter as much as trans now. Women of colour being passed over for white men? Same old same old, just in shiny new 'pRoGrEsSiVe' packaging.

Reactions: 32

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
"If you're just LGB you are able to almost straight-wash yourself, and 'butch-up' so to speak.”

What in the fucking fuck is this nonsense? You see all sorts of people at football games these days it’s not all just ‘straight middle aged men down the pub’ types. You even see women there, fancy that??

There are still places in the world where women aren’t even allowed to attend sports events. And then you’ve got this guy bleating on about being non binary at a football match. Just watch the game and shut up, no one cares.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

LaLa247

Chatty Member
People have a right to feel upset if their partner comes out as trans, it’s a big thing! Teenage girls have a right to feel uncomfortable around grown adult penises! These feelings are normal, expected and I absolutely hate the gaslighting and guilting

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Vanelope

VIP Member
how many trans men give birth per year? 1 maybe 2? Special care. Extra time and help and prioritising.
Mortality rates for black mothers are 5 times worse than for white mothers during pregnancy and birth. Maybe spend more resources on that?

Named midwife ie the only one that agreed to pander to someone and give them all the extra attention so the trust doesn’t get attacked by Stonewall for the crime of treating patients equally.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
This needs to be said again and again. I wish Nigella "isn't this photo of an AGP male on a womens magazine rather lovely" Lawson and all the other privileged clueless blue ticks could see this

• Heart
Reactions: 30

thegirlscout

VIP Member
If I’ve read this right, the women that Hubbard has over taken are two indigenous women? With New Zealand having a difficult relationship with indigenous people and colonialism I’m surprised the country was ok with women of colour being swept to the side for a white person.

Reactions: 29

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I find it slightly concerning that he seems to be getting a load of stick for the third bullet point and the rest is being ignored. Yes, he should have fully studied the sources of the information, but the rest of the bullet points are valid.

Suicide rates are higher in gay people - not because we have some sort of mental disorder - but because some (not all) sectors of society still aren't accepting of homosexuality. Clearly if no one derided homosexuality no one would kill themselves over it.

So many people seem to be so eager to slate the "TRAs" (or whatever you want to call them) that the L, G and B stuff is either getting ignored or attracting snide remarks -- e.g. the 'isn't the rainbow zebra crossing so awful because a couple of horses reared up when approaching it?' Is that really a big issue? Or 'why do they need 'Pride'? Everyone is fine with gays now". The post perfectly explains why Pride Month is still needed.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular here, I just dislike the sidelining of gay issues over the trans thing. Rant over. :D
Just some musings this morning after the month of Pride has happened.

I definitely feel sorry for the LGB as it’s clear Pride has been hijacked by Trans people and also straight people who want to be seen as interesting or whatever. I fear that homophobia will rise because more people will become weary of all the thought-policing the TRAs are doing and because the messaging has become all messed up with the flags etc, less tolerant people might lash out and it affect LGB. Just a few years ago the LGB community message was Love is Love and we finally sorted out the marriage and a lot of society genuinely accepting.

LGB never sought to infringe upon the rights of anyone else, just wanted to be treated fairly and with respect. However, a few year later the TRAs come along, start shouting over the LGB, and essentially hijack Stonewall and are telling gay and straight people what to think, they are gaslighting us, telling us to ‘be kind’, telling us we must capitulate etc, our schools are being infiltrated with anti-science messages, grooming etc, none of which the LGB did. Young lesbians and gay children are now being put on pathways to trans ID or surgery or hormones when they should just have time and support to either treat their dysphoria (if they have that regarding their body), and support and acceptance, if it is their sexuality they are discovering. This born in the wrong body/thou shalt use pronouns/accept pensises in changing rooms is dangerous and infringes on us all in some way.
I really think we risk a generation of young LGB kids being harmed, and it’s going to be a massive scandal when everyone wakes up. Even trans people are being harmed by their own ideology because they are selling themselves harmful lies. Look at Yaniv who we are told has issues with the surgery (rotting parts)...they are setting themselves up for a life of hurt.

Pride is needed, but, not how it is going. People need to distinguish the difference between LGB and T, imo. People don’t need a month of being told off by their banks (Barclays) for not doing this or that, people need to be able to talk about Biology in class without being cancelled. People need to be able to sell flower emboridery patches in webshops without being cancelled for gender critical views. Kids need to be able to go to school and learn about diversity and equality without the extreme T ideology grooming them behind their parents’ backs. I see tweets and facebook posts from parents who say half a dozen kids in their kid’s class alone are NB or Trans ID... this is madness.

I really feel sorry for lesbians who can’t even use dating apps now without trans ID men appearing, and being cancelled for questioning it. The whole lesbians should accept penis thing is just astoundingly evil. It’s coercive.

I stand by LGB but I’m really struggling to see why I should support the T at the moment.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Emma is so very much in a privileged bubble I bet she gets special VIP treatment at spas etc so never has to share with anyone. I bet she hasn't needed to be on a women's ward or flee domestic abuse to stay in a women's shelter etc, I bet she avoids public loos etc. A classic example of a silly little teachers pet trying to show how virtuous she is. I will never forgive her for throwing JKR under the bus. Her millions and fame would not exist if it wasn't for Harry Potter. She's a crap actor so I doubt she would have got far in the career without HP. Silly token "feminist".

• Heart
It is so awkward for the staff, imagine saying that to him and him just crying "discrimination", I felt bad for the woman working there you could see she had no idea what to do
I don’t know if you know the story of Caroline Crouch? 19 year old mother who was smothered to death by her 33 year old husband, well it seems to prevent him from being the victim of retaliatory attacks he is being held in a women’s prison. Tweet below sums up my feelings.
View attachment 639204View attachment 639205
Truly appalling. Yes, please protect a man who murdered his wife from other men by putting him in with women instead. Forget protecting women from HIM, apparently, all that matters is this dude's safety and precious feelings. Don't Greek prisons have a segregation unit for this type of prisoner? Really makes me hope the women gang up on him and shank him.

Honestly, sick to death of women's needs being put below fucking everyone else's.

Ah yes, a published academic paper about how lesbians can 'free' themselves into liking penis. From 1930? 1950? No, 2017.[/SPOILER]
Academia is a problem, full stop. Every subject is now infested with this nonsense and students pressured to produce papers full of pseudo-scientific nonsense 'pinking', 'queering' or 'transing' every point and persona in antiquity. I know people who have effectively left the fields they originally wanted into because they said to progress they're basically required to write egregious nonsense.

On a more positive note I stumbled across this quote from Robin Morgan in 1973
I remember years ago reading Paris Lees writing in Pink News or some other sewer about how fun it was to be finally sexually harassed by men and chased down the street. Just like a real woman. It was actually a point for me that crystalized certain views. Only a gay man physically equal to and unafraid of other males would perceive being cat called and chased by other males as a cheap thrill and both eroticise and enjoy it as evidence of his newfound 'femininity'. Actual women would be terrified and traumatized. Lees's mindset is and will always remain that of a gay man.

Reminds me of when Eddie Izzard was given the cover of Women's Running last year. Enjoys being called a woman and pandered to by said magazine when he removes his fake lady tits when he goes running. You know, just like actual woman can't do. Izzard does keep his Barbie Pink lipstick on when he runs marathons though, like no actual woman who runs would ever bother with. The male experience of being 'female' is a total fabricated nonsense built on clothes, make-up and accessories, with zero of the physical or social issues or inherent differences women actual have to contend with in real life. Reminds me of when Caitlyn Jenner said the most difficult thing about being a woman was 'deciding what to wear'. I guess it is when you don't have a female body, and have spent the first 6 decades of your life and career being socialized and treated like the man you are.

Last edited:
  • Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’ll tell you what also troubles me, and it’s the insinuation that Jacob needed to form a special relationship with Christina, the midwife, because Jacob is trans and needed a special kind of antenatal care. No waiting around in stuffy clinics for Jacob, I’m guessing… Can’t be doing with the stares and whispers when you’re a pregnant, bearded man, eh?

And Christina attended the birth too. It’s astonishingly rare for a woman, a regular woman, to get that kind of gold standard care on the NHS. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if all women could get that kind of care?

Fuck this shit.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Umbridge

The more you look into it the harder it is to stay moderate.
I think this is very true. I started off so very polite and kind, now I have no patience with any of it.

Sex and gender are not the same, no one can change sex, and the NHS has better things to do than try and squeeze a uterus into someone who isnt supposed to have one. Were humans, not lego. You cant just add bits on.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Vanelope

VIP Member
This is why JK Rowling attracts so much venom. She refuses to be cowed, she carries on with her life, she hasn’t changed her views (which are not that extreme) and being named as queen of the terfs hasn’t altered her stance. She is very wealthy and can afford protection and therefore has more privilege to say these things and yet so many others do not. The RA thing was insane - 8 complaints and they were petrified. TRAs have too much perceived power and I think they have overreached. There will be a reckoning but I’m terribly afraid women and girls will have been attacked before people see the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
I saw ages ago someone mentioning that your average everyday man (who doesn't live online and doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing) won't take notice to things like prisons or changing rooms or places on conferences because they don't know what it is like to be afraid of men or to lose out on jobs because of men. But that as soon as it starts happening in sports they'll wake up because they know what it is like to be stronger (in general) than women and they can easily understand that isn't fair.

I was sceptical but it seems to be true - I've seen so many men commenting who have clearly just peaked.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I don't want to have children but if I did have a daughter I would not be teaching them 'don't stare at penises because it's rude.' I would be telling them you should never be around the penis of an adult man in any context (I cannot think of a single scenario where this would be ok, if anyone can think of one do suggest it and I will happily reconsider) and that she must tell me if it happens as I would want to know which adult man was getting their genitals out in front of my young daughter. Even if there was a scenario where it was reasonable, or an accident perhaps, I would still rather my daughter knew this was not something she should be ok with and to tell me immediately so that I could take it up with the person who did it. In the same way that I was taught as a child 'don't talk to strangers' I see 'you shouldn't be seeing adult genitals' as being the same, there is no way I'd be placing the blame back on my kid by saying 'don't look it's rude.' Jesus Christ. This is literally normalising rape culture and child abuse.

• Heart