Gender Discussion #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Iā€™ve read this right, the women that Hubbard has over taken are two indigenous women? With New Zealand having a difficult relationship with indigenous people and colonialism Iā€™m surprised the country was ok with women of colour being swept to the side for a white person.

Reactions: 29
If Iā€™ve read this right, the women that Hubbard has over taken are two indigenous women? With New Zealand having a difficult relationship with indigenous people and colonialism Iā€™m surprised the country was ok with women of colour being swept to the side for a white person.
Yes, that's right. He beat Feagaiga Stowers (Samoan) in the 2017 Pacific Games who otherwise would have won gold. Initially, he was going to take the place of Charisma Amoe-Tarrant at the Olympics but that was changed and now it's Nini Manumua. Three young Indigenous Pacific Islander women

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Of course, no groups matter as much as trans now. Women of colour being passed over for white men? Same old same old, just in shiny new 'pRoGrEsSiVe' packaging.

Reactions: 32
Still on gender but not to do with transgender people, I saw a discussion about euthanasia and a man made comparisons to the law on abortion saying that abortions are allowed on demand and have been since a year after the act was passed. Iā€™m wondering what do people think of this? Comparing euthanasia to abortion for me is a worrying comparison, plus I think ā€˜abortion on demandā€™ is very emotive and not really fixed in any evidence?

Reactions: 11
Abortion is by definition always ā€œon demandā€, isnā€™t it? Very pointed language though.

Reactions: 11
I honestly think the general population are starting to get sick of political activism and pressure groups.

I personally am sick of being asked to indulge self perception of others. I donā€™t care how you identify, but I donā€™t want to play the game of pronouns and inclusive language just to make you feel validated at the expense of my beliefs.

The Laurel Hubbard story shows that there are a lot of people who have stayed silent on the issue into now, but will be pushed into saying enough is enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I have noticed that it is always the ugliest of men are the ones who decide to transition

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I personally am sick of being asked to indulge self perception of others. I donā€™t care how you identify, but I donā€™t want to play the game of pronouns and inclusive language just to make you feel validated at the expense of my beliefs.
This multiplied by one million.

Reactions: 14
Did Hubbard pull a Jenner and use transitioning discrimination in order to suppress killing/gravely injuring someone?
It feels like a common theme to use transitioning and a slate cleaner for awful behaviour.
I think Daddy Hubbard threw a lot of money at it.

Reactions: 7
I think Daddy Hubbard threw a lot of money at it.
Got to love a rich white male bodied person being considered the most discriminated against compared to women of colour who haven't got a millionaire daddy. Makes sense.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.