GemmaB.slimming

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few requests for a thread on Gemma, slimming… but is she? A self published cookbook and now training to be a PT

Reactions: 3
She's also starting her own 'food and fitness platform' and I think she will be charging members between £10-£30 a month.
I started following her a while ago as she was relatable but now I hate watch her. The amount of chocolate she eats is insane and her food shops are always just piles of sugar.
I understand her premise of something like slow and steady wins the race but her diet is such a roller coaster of ups and downs I'm surprised she loses any weight at all and I certainly wouldn't be taking advice from her!

Reactions: 6
She's also starting her own 'food and fitness platform' and I think she will be charging members between £10-£30 a month.
I started following her a while ago as she was relatable but now I hate watch her. The amount of chocolate she eats is insane and her food shops are always just piles of sugar.
I understand her premise of something like slow and steady wins the race but her diet is such a roller coaster of ups and downs I'm surprised she loses any weight at all and I certainly wouldn't be taking advice from her!
Completely agree.
I also think it’s mad how much she buys/spends in her reels when she was living at uni ( cooking for herself) and now living back at her parents.
Her latest story about Bloat is just her breathing in.
I don’t think she’s lost much weight or toned up so find it weird people would pay for her service

Completely agree.
I also think it’s mad how much she buys/spends in her reels when she was living at uni ( cooking for herself) and now living back at her parents.
Her latest story about Bloat is just her breathing in.
I don’t think she’s lost much weight or toned up so find it weird people would pay for her service
Absolutely. For someone who who was full time studying away from home and said her only sources of income where from her very occasional ads and her book, her expenditure is incredible with the weekly high spend food shops, frequent nights out, lots of holidays and lots of new clothes I'd prefer it if she was honest and just said she used the bank of dad!
I'm at the stage with her now where I can't stand her voice and the way she talks and her 'what I eat in a day' videos give me the absolute ick with the way she films herself biting into food 🤢
I don't think she's overly big at all and I'm not fat shaming her but I can't understand how anyone would want to buy into any plan she comes up with. She contradicts herself quite alot and definitely uses filters and stands at certain angles to hide her real size which is more visible in her talking stories. Both her exercise and her eating are an absolute roller coaster. I'm all for eating what you want in moderation but I genuinely cannot get over how much chocolate she consumes. She's buying multiple large bars on a weekly basis, it's quite sickening.

Has she lost any weight?
Seems to yoyo quite a bit.

It’s the way she says ‘q&a as haven’t done one for a while’ when she does them like three times a week and always the same boring questions about calorie deficit people could Google I reckon she asks herself most of them

Reactions: 2
I’ve actually seen her in real life in Bristol and she was bigger than I thought she would be. Again not fat shaming her but she knows how to work the angles. I think she buys followers too

Reactions: 4
Ah don’t. She just winds me up. Clearly living off mummy and daddy’s money. Eats “clean” (chocolate binge) during the week and then over indulges every weekend?! Yet wants us to spend money for her to coach us? No thanks. Clearly her relationship with food isn’t great and she is addicted to food and all she does is go food shopping.

Reactions: 5
Concerning that she is only a level 2 pt- therefore not qualified to give nutrition advice! Charging that amount of money is insane!

Signing up to a weight loss platform when her 'before and after' photos are from two years ago!

• Haha
She just proves that diets are not sustainable and don't work in the long term!!

Wondered when there would be a thread for her. Her general message I do agree with in terms of making nicer foods while calorie counting to make it more sustainable but she definitely yoyos a lot. I just keep thinking when is she actually going to lose this weight? Practice what you preach Gemma. She talks a lot as if she’s at her target weight and just maintaining, like oh I’m just going on my 7th summer holiday of the year but only gained 3lbs overall!

The problem with these diet people online is people can be so blinded by their desire to lose weight they’ll try anything and just throw money at people like her. There’s much better content creators than her.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she counts her calories burned into her calorie allowance, because i follow another account and they say not to do it as it can affect weight loss. Would love to know if what she is telling people on her platform.

I have a little inside scoop, I signed up to the trial but didn’t renew.

She’s not saying much tbh. I expected more motivational chats etc but instead you get signed up to a shite app for the group chat that keeps kicking you out and she just pops a couple of messages in saying she’ll help if anyone has any questions. So she just replies to people’s questions, not really coaching.

Instagram is her first love still, not paying clients. The effort is still all in the gram.

Safe to say I didn’t renew. Although saying that I do enjoy her Instagram and as someone said before, her overall message is in the right place generally, but I feel like she needed to be comfortable in her own journey before charging other people to “help” with theirs

Reactions: 4
I don’t get how she’s posted using that gym app she uses for workout?! That’s free to use so surely she shouldn’t be telling people who’s signed up to use it too?

Reactions: 2