Gemma Louise Miles #7 Peruse other muse, claim them as yours & copy beige hues

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have just been watching the emergency video from Martin Lewis (money saving expert) on You Tube and when he said some people will be choosing whether to heat or eat this winter with the energy price rises it made me wonder how people will view You Tubers rubbing people's noses in it with their constant buying of expensive cars, candles, furniture, clothes etc and then proceeding to replace them within a year...... It doesn't bode well.
Indeed.
I hope the tide is turning and the times of massive fashion and beauty or home hauls will be a thing of the past now. Social media is well and truly been so unrealistic and inrelatable for quite some time now. If I wasnt such a lazy person I would have started vlogging ages ago and became a contra-influencer. Sadly that wouldnt have generatec any views I think 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hiii, a longtime lurker here! 👋

I must say that this forum has made me realize so many things about Gemma. For example, you guys made me see how much she seems to copy Allison Bickerstaff's content, decoration style, video titles, etc. I might have laughed a bit now that Gemma has gotten a morning chair for herself where she reads like 5 sentences while having her morning coffee 😂 btw is it really that bright outside at that time of the day in the UK as it was in her latest routine video? Or is it also just scam like most of her content? I'm from Scandinavia and here that's definitely not the case.

She also shops so much, idk how she has room for all the crap she owns. Who needs the same hoodie in ten different colors? And srsly, does she not have any other place to take her pictures at than the big window spot? AND, what the heck is up with the pose she does, especially in mirror pics?? I don't think she's a very good role model for anyone with the way she consumes everything and just in general because of how she is.

Reactions: 25
When she said I made a friend at lush I laughed . She probably named dropped herself in the hope she gets a deal with them

Reactions: 4
I was thinking about that too when she mentioned it. I was like, friends? Who? Do you have friends? Really?

Reactions: 2
I actually have to admit, I quite like Gemma, she is abit of a lost soul I feel. However… I thought you lot were being mean when you said she copied…. I mean her and Elle Darby are similar but I don’t think she copies everything of Elles! But I just discovered Alison B!!! …. WOW ! So blatant!! It’s sad she feels she has to copy! I feel like she needs some guidance in her life… why bring out a tracksuit range! Why not stick to her ‘signature’ vibe and bring out a candle/home range?? She needs a hobby!

Reactions: 12
I actually have to admit, I quite like Gemma, she is abit of a lost soul I feel. However… I thought you lot were being mean when you said she copied…. I mean her and Elle Darby are similar but I don’t think she copies everything of Elles! But I just discovered Alison B!!! …. WOW ! So blatant!! It’s sad she feels she has to copy! I feel like she needs some guidance in her life… why bring out a tracksuit range! Why not stick to her ‘signature’ vibe and bring out a candle/home range?? She needs a hobby!
Seems like loads of copying goes on. Sunday Stylist was raging recently about Emily Norris copying her hard work literally word for word!

Reactions: 2
Seems like loads of copying goes on. Sunday Stylist was raging recently about Emily Norris copying her hard work literally word for word!
It’s like these influencers were never taught as children how to imagine. And also that it’s rude to copy and it’s not the biggest form of flattery.

Reactions: 6
The trackies , trench coat and hat - she’s copying Molly-Mae style again .
no originality.

Reactions: 10
I've just partially watched one of Allison B's videos ... who came first then, do we know? It's absolute blatant if its Gemma copying. Although from the quick bit I saw of Allison she does have more 'colour' in her life.

Reactions: 4
Hiii, a longtime lurker here! 👋

I must say that this forum has made me realize so many things about Gemma. For example, you guys made me see how much she seems to copy Allison Bickerstaff's content, decoration style, video titles, etc. I might have laughed a bit now that Gemma has gotten a morning chair for herself where she reads like 5 sentences while having her morning coffee 😂 btw is it really that bright outside at that time of the day in the UK as it was in her latest routine video? Or is it also just scam like most of her content? I'm from Scandinavia and here that's definitely not the case.

She also shops so much, idk how she has room for all the crap she owns. Who needs the same hoodie in ten different colors? And srsly, does she not have any other place to take her pictures at than the big window spot? AND, what the heck is up with the pose she does, especially in mirror pics?? I don't think she's a very good role model for anyone with the way she consumes everything and just in general because of how she is.
uk resident, it’s not that light at seven am, I live in the country on the coast, no houses blocking light. It’s not the light until at least 7:30 am, bet she doesn’t actually get up until 9am when the bf comes back from the gym. Or she had her filming lights set up in the background.
Gemma is the ultimate copier, even Elle makes some of her own content, she’s worse than fashionmumblr and Lydia millen, the other best friends copier duo.

she shops in primark and then takes half of it back, the same shacket jumper, cardigan every time. Can’t believe she says she loves fashion, put a dress on, floral or body hugging please. I don’t know what’s up with her but I watched some of her old stuff, 2019 after she broke up with her first bf and moved out to the country, she wore tight clothes half the time, you saw her in workout clothes and she wore more colours than white and beige. Think she has had someone calling her fat or ugly, can’t understand it.

she shouldn’t be promote oversized stuff, when her oversized is the uk average. I hate all the influencers that come out with “I brought really oversized stuff as I like it, ideally I buy 14 or in primark a large or if it’s fluffy a 16/18 because then it’s perfect for my tiny tiny body”.
Gemma doesn’t have much creativity to pick a different spot for photos, all her outside shots are in the same street.
didn’t like seeing her mum, felt like it was an intrusion, mum probscame to see her and not blog, you never here about her siblings. I only just realised she wasn’t a only child.
anyone on here local and know much about Gemma and her family or have an update on Gemma and Sophie?

Reactions: 12
I've just partially watched one of Allison B's videos ... who came first then, do we know? It's absolute blatant if its Gemma copying. Although from the quick bit I saw of Allison she does have more 'colour' in her life.
Allison's oldest youtube vid is from 10 Jan 2016.
She did a few travel diaries back in the day, and has been doing A Day / Weekend In The Life type of videos back then already ( with that title too ).
She started doing Cozy seasonal routines and mini vlogs back then too ( 2017 )
She has been doing her titles the same way since the beginning too ( ex. COZY FALL DAY | Pumpkin patch, fall festival, & baking! ✨ )

Gemmas current oldes youtube vid is from 1 Oct 2017 but I doubt it's the oldest since the youtube account is actually "active" since Apr 23rd, 2016 and she deleted a lot of videos so it's unclear.
Either way she did mostly hauls, speed cleaning and beauty related how to-s
She started the cozy vlogging in 2018, and mostly "new in " hauls and such. ( Gemmas titles starting from that time are like ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER… | Daily Vlog ✨ , SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT... | Daily Vlog ✨ ) so make of that what you will....

Reactions: 5
I just get the impression that a lot of You Tubers are teetering on the edge of a breakdown or pretending to at least to manipulate the viewers. Watching them has made me grateful for what I have as the adage be careful what you wish for comes to mind. The gravy train treadmill to keep the life they have manifested/grifted. I might not have a lot when compared with them but at least I have my self respect. Just hope the more decent ones don't get ruined by the promised riches

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just get the impression that a lot of You Tubers are teetering on the edge of a breakdown or pretending to at least to manipulate the viewers. Watching them has made me grateful for what I have as the adage be careful what you wish for comes to mind. The gravy train treadmill to keep the life they have manifested/grifted. I might not have a lot when compared with them but at least I have my self respect. Just hope the more decent ones don't get ruined by the promised riches
Agreed with this so very much.

At the end of the day it's quite possible to succeed within social media, but there's a thin, thin line between doing it successfully for yourself and also for the audience, when it comes to people's mental health and self worth being tied to what they do and when that's the only thing that matters to them.

I noticed the decent ones, the people who do ( visibly ) well on YouTube and Instagram are the ones that are not defined by their job or the platform they are on. They all have other businesses, families, hobbies or different types of projects. Especially in the home and lifestyle niches, they do more then just post the same thing over and over again. You need to evolve as a creator, and you can't evolve as a creator if you don't evolve as a human. It happened with the beauty community, and it will inevitably happen with any genre on social media; people grow tired of the same old same old, especially if the same old same old is literally so uncreative and boring. And we also don't consume and buy as we used to. There's simply no place in the world for the likes of Gemma and Elle Darb anymore, we've seen it all by now and they bring nothing interesting to the table. I always wonder what these girls will do if YouTube or IG goes bye-bye. The most successful people have blogs, or books, or anything else, these girls would just fall in a dark pit of uselessness should that ever happen. I would never put my eggs in one basket like they have.

Reactions: 13
uk resident, it’s not that light at seven am, I live in the country on the coast, no houses blocking light. It’s not the light until at least 7:30 am, bet she doesn’t actually get up until 9am when the bf comes back from the gym. Or she had her filming lights set up in the background.
Gemma is the ultimate copier, even Elle makes some of her own content, she’s worse than fashionmumblr and Lydia millen, the other best friends copier duo.

she shops in primark and then takes half of it back, the same shacket jumper, cardigan every time. Can’t believe she says she loves fashion, put a dress on, floral or body hugging please. I don’t know what’s up with her but I watched some of her old stuff, 2019 after she broke up with her first bf and moved out to the country, she wore tight clothes half the time, you saw her in workout clothes and she wore more colours than white and beige. Think she has had someone calling her fat or ugly, can’t understand it.

she shouldn’t be promote oversized stuff, when her oversized is the uk average. I hate all the influencers that come out with “I brought really oversized stuff as I like it, ideally I buy 14 or in primark a large or if it’s fluffy a 16/18 because then it’s perfect for my tiny tiny body”.
Gemma doesn’t have much creativity to pick a different spot for photos, all her outside shots are in the same street.
didn’t like seeing her mum, felt like it was an intrusion, mum probscame to see her and not blog, you never here about her siblings. I only just realised she wasn’t a only child.
anyone on here local and know much about Gemma and her family or have an update on Gemma and Sophie?
I commented on one of her vids , very politely and respectful, where is Sophie ,I used to to really enjoy her laughter on the vlogs and within seconds (not minutes) the comment disappeared , soph is the only reason I watch , in case she returns

If it's deleted or doesn't appear it means she blocked the word Sophie as a banned word in her comments so it's deleted instantly, or more accurately, it moves to the held for review by her and only will appear if she approves the comment.

• Wow
I have been watching some of Gemma’s old videos with Sophie and wondered what Sophie did for a job? I saw the £500 xmas gift exchange with her and wondered how someone can waste (in my eyes) that much cash on a friend at Christmas. I know Gemma can afford it but thought it was excessive for Sophie. Unless of course she is from a rich family/well paid job.

Reactions: 7
Is it just me or is the before photo beautiful with all all different colours she can keep her crappy filter
She should have been living in the 1800's when all photographs were developed with a sepia colour - beige brown 😂 would have suited her 😊
1880s

Sepia began in earnest in the 1880s, partially to make photographs look better, but also because the chemicals involved in Sepia aided in slowing down the aging of a photograph. A preservative of sorts.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.