Gemma Collins #3 The GC is full of delusion, 3 stone loss causes confusion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does that work for everyone no matter the reason they are overweight? Obviously I’ve no idea why Gemma is overweight but she says it’s due to PCOS or endo or something? So if that’s the case and it’s due to an illness/disease/condition or the medication taken because of those things, would a gastric band/sleeve still work? She can afford it I assume so I wonder why she hasn’t tried it.
It should do, esp if one is on Metformin, just potentially a little slower than others. But it’s not a silver bullet and still needs to be worked on… but our Gemz is all about instant gratification, so who knows if it’d even work.

Reactions: 3
Thank you both! I don’t really know how a gastric sleeve/band really works so I wasn’t sure if it was suitable for everyone. I do wonder why she hasn’t tried it, I’m sure a clinic would ‘gift’ her the procedure, Katie price etc seem to get free procedures all the time!

Reactions: 4
Has she always mentioned this or is this just a new thing she’s saying??
I might be wrong but I’m sure she mentioned it a few times on towie - to Jess maybe? And her mum, in her mums garden. Also I’m sure she said it to Bobby or danni or someone after her and arg or her and Charlie broke up and she was upset she was ‘running out of time’ to have a baby and saying she didn’t have as long as other women. I haven’t seen it for years so I can’t remember exactly though. I’ll have to do a rewatch from the beginning 😂

Reactions: 5
Has she always mentioned this or is this just a new thing she’s saying??
From my recollection, I recall her saying it to a consultant during a TOWIE episode (Bobby was present). And more recently in a couple interviews / articles.

Reactions: 2
Thank you both! I don’t really know how a gastric sleeve/band really works so I wasn’t sure if it was suitable for everyone. I do wonder why she hasn’t tried it, I’m sure a clinic would ‘gift’ her the procedure, Katie price etc seem to get free procedures all the time!
My DiL had the gastric surgery rather than a band 18 months ago and she's a fraction of her old self despite being 9 months pregnant now!
I'm not sure Gemz would be able to stick to the complete Lifestyle change that accompanies this surgery, for a start DiL eats 6 teacup sized meals a day in a strictly regimented routine, theres the exercise and all the rest of it............................................ would Gemz cope with 6 teacup sized meals or pounding on the exercise bike for hours per day? How many McDonalds & chips can you stuff into a teacup?? Naaaaahhh it ain't happening!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My DiL had the gastric surgery rather than a band 18 months ago and she's a fraction of her old self despite being 9 months pregnant now!
I'm not sure Gemz would be able to stick to the complete Lifestyle change that accompanies this surgery, for a start DiL eats 6 teacup sized meals a day in a strictly regimented routine, theres the exercise and all the rest of it............................................ would Gemz cope with 6 teacup sized meals or pounding on the exercise bike for hours per day? How many McDonalds & chips can you stuff into a teacup?? Naaaaahhh it ain't happening!!
That's really interesting thank you. I have read that it's not just a case of getting the surgery and away you go. A lot of people seem to think you can get the surgery and then carry on and eat what you like. Arg did an interview where he said that he had to overhaul his mindset, lifestyle, food portions, step up his exercise regime and it looks like he's really sticking to it. I agree that I can't see Gemma being that disciplined. He lost a lot of initial weight by breaking up with Gemma - they were not good for each other to put it mildly!

That's really interesting thank you. I have read that it's not just a case of getting the surgery and away you go. A lot of people seem to think you can get the surgery and then carry on and eat what you like. Arg did an interview where he said that he had to overhaul his mindset, lifestyle, food portions, step up his exercise regime and it looks like he's really sticking to it. I agree that I can't see Gemma being that disciplined. He lost a lot of initial weight by breaking up with Gemma - they were not good for each other to put it mildly!
DiL told me that YES they do remove a chunk of your stomach to make it a lot smaller so you feel "less hungry" and less inclined to stuff your face, BUT by the same token if you lapse straight back into ramming everything into your gob like you did before then the stomach will stretch again. Only there is no second go at the gastric surgery because the stomach will already be thinner due to the previous surgery and re-stretching so you cannot have another go at it! Thats how it is - one chance to make it work and if you don't then its Game Over

Reactions: 6
DiL told me that YES they do remove a chunk of your stomach to make it a lot smaller so you feel "less hungry" and less inclined to stuff your face, BUT by the same token if you lapse straight back into ramming everything into your gob like you did before then the stomach will stretch again. Only there is no second go at the gastric surgery because the stomach will already be thinner due to the previous surgery and re-stretching so you cannot have another go at it! Thats how it is - one chance to make it work and if you don't then its Game Over
Oh wow. My SiL had a gastric band, she was about 16st beforehand and shrank down to 9st. I wasn't aware of the stretching thing though but I'm about 15st myself (although I am taller than my SiL) and I wouldn't have surgery. My eating is comfort based.

A side issue to this is the risk of pre-eclampsia. I developed it because I was obese. It's a very dangerous condition for the mother and baby.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.