Gemma Atkinson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning Gemma šŸ‘‹šŸ»
She just cannot take any feedback/criticism/ alternative opinions other than hers can she? Of course its not selfish to look after yourself and raise your kids to be the same. But ffs sake Gem.give it a break hun , some of us live in the real real world. Exercise to some of us folk is walking to the shops, or walking the stairs instead of the lift. We are not all blessed with a gym in our back yard. Shes getting too preachy for my liking.
Anyway , im off for a bacon butty šŸ˜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She just cannot take any feedback/criticism/ alternative opinions other than hers can she? Of course its not selfish to look after yourself and raise your kids to be the same. But ffs sake Gem.give it a break hun , some of us live in the real real world. Exercise to some of us folk is walking to the shops, or walking the stairs instead of the lift. We are not all blessed with a gym in our back yard. Shes getting too preachy for my liking.

This this this with a cherry šŸ’ on top!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exercise is what you make it. I hate the gym with a passion but walk up to 8 miles each day. Despite this, I can't run half a mile even if there was a donut at the end of it for me. I remember when I had my spinal surgery, the surgeon was happy for me just to walk for recovery, even though I got given sheets of fancy exercises. He told me, whatever works for me šŸ¤·

I get that exercise is much more than a hobby for a lot of people but I don't want it preaching to me like it's gospel.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Okā€¦my friends dad had a heart attack on a treadmill in the local gym and died. He went every day. My great gran never entered a gym, loved salt and beef dripping and lived to 97. Itā€™s all relative. Gym and being healthy doesnā€™t necessarily give you more health.

Reactions: 22
Exercise is what you make it. I hate the gym with a passion but walk up to 8 miles each day. Despite this, I can't run half a mile even if there was a donut at the end of it for me. I remember when I had my spinal surgery, the surgeon was happy for me just to walk for recovery, even though I got given sheets of fancy exercises. He told me, whatever works for me šŸ¤·

I get that exercise is much more than a hobby for a lot of people but I don't want it preaching to me like it's gospel.
Walking is one of the best forms of exercise for anyone but especially pre and post natal - Iā€™ve heard that from health experts and PTs etc. Iā€™d listen to them a lot more than Gemma. Was she always into exercise or is it something sheā€™s got into because of Gorka? He does seem very disciplined.

Reactions: 10
Walking is one of the best forms of exercise for anyone but especially pre and post natal - Iā€™ve heard that from health experts and PTs etc. Iā€™d listen to them a lot more than Gemma. Was she always into exercise or is it something sheā€™s got into because of Gorka? He does seem very disciplined.
Iā€™m pretty sure she was into it before she met him iirc.

Reactions: 6
Giving your kids life long eating disorders and body dysmorphia for the sake of ā€œproving youā€™re better than everyone elseā€ is extremely selfish
Gemma is annoying me lately for sure. However I think this is uncalled for. I donā€™t think theyā€™re giving anyone eating disorders or body dismorphia. If Gemma and Gorka werenā€™t eating enough they couldnā€™t train how they do and look how they do. They eat a lot and they eat well.
So what if they watch the CrossFit games when theyā€™re on? Plenty of families have the Olympics and World Cup etc on the tv all the time when theyā€™re on. Whatā€™s the difference between those athletes and athletes in the CrossFit games? I know after my kids watch the Olympics theyā€™ll go and make themselves hurdles in the garden or practice the long jump and theyā€™ll go outside and play football. If Mia wants to go in the gym and she enjoys it then why not let her?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Okā€¦my friends dad had a heart attack on a treadmill in the local gym and died. He went every day. My great gran never entered a gym, loved salt and beef dripping and lived to 97. Itā€™s all relative. Gym and being healthy doesnā€™t necessarily give you more health.
Yep. I had a family member who was a fireman and did martial arts and was super fit.
He suddenly dropped down dead of a heart attack one day.

Be healthy, but don't assume it will give you a long healthy life!

Reactions: 10
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen her say she was going to do something to do with fitness or nutrition at college. She then got the job at Hollyoaks

Reactions: 5
I follow an American fitness influencer who has just had a baby too and her approach about getting back into fitness is much more healthy than Gemma. Also even though her and her husband are obviously really into it, her updates are much more about family these days than fitness

Interestingly they are a bilingual family too and her husband speaks to their toddler in Italian, they spend the summers in Italy, except this year because of the baby but his family are in the US and their 3 year old can obviously speak both which is lovely to see. As others have said languages is a gift

Reactions: 13
I wonder what it is that makes anyone appoint themselves as the supreme authority on just about everything?

I remember her from when she was in Emmerdale, and that's about as much as I know about her career. I know from reading here what work she has done since then.

Which brings me back to my original question really.

Reactions: 9
I wonder what it is that makes anyone appoint themselves as the supreme authority on just about everything?

I remember her from when she was in Emmerdale, and that's about as much as I know about her career. I know from reading here what work she has done since then.

Which brings me back to my original question really.
Probably having a platform on social media/a lot of followers watching you. The attention seems to go to some of their heads and they turn preachy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sheā€™s defo been on here! Why the need to post that bit about exercise šŸ˜œ! Hey ho leave her to itā€¦she does not like any opinion thatā€™s different to her ownā€¦šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 7
Made a new thread!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.