Gemma Atkinson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Knows some Spanish too” I find this so odd I’d expect when one parent is not a native English speaker the child would speak both languages rather than only knowing “some” of one

They are waisting a really important window to establish native bilingualism in Mia. Research says if you want your kid to develop two native languages, they should be developed simultaneously.

It’s weird to me that Gorka has not wanted to communicate with his daughter in his mother tongue.

Reactions: 11
I have to say while I do like Janette and Alijaz she does seem to be getting on my nerves a bit which has surprised me 🤔 she's gone from flinging herself around on morning telly at nearly 40 weeks pregnant to now apparently barely able to lift the baby and sitting in a chair under a blanket like she's on her last legs in a care home...... I think she's had a big reality check tbh .
I do think she’s had a more difficult birth and recovery than she’s letting on. She might decide to share that at some point, or maybe not. But I don’t think Aljaz would still be doing every night feed a week later if there wasn’t a good reason. Hopefully they can get some extra help with her parents being there.

Reactions: 15

They are waisting a really important window to establish native bilingualism in Mia. Research says if you want your kid to develop two native languages, they should be developed simultaneously.

It’s weird to me that Gorka has not wanted to communicate with his daughter in his mother tongue.
This! It makes no sense to me, especially when they've showed videos of him watching Spanish TV in the mornings, etc.

I love Aljaz and his little updates about the baby. No posting gym seshs (even if he is doing them). Priorities.

Reactions: 9
Me neither, maybe I’m being a bit harsh here but tbh I don’t know why Gemma hasn’t really learnt it either? I know a family who have a child the same age as Mia, the Mum is a native Spanish speaker and the Dad learnt Spanish to communicate with their wife’s family. Their child only really speaks Spanish at home and then English at nursery/outside of the home.
Pretty sure Gemma has mentioned before that she has learnt some (numbers 1-10 or something). She has dropped a few Spanish words while filming on her stories and let me tell you her level is less than basic.
---
This! It makes no sense to me, especially when they've showed videos of him watching Spanish TV in the mornings, etc.

I love Aljaz and his little updates about the baby. No posting gym seshs (even if he is doing them). Priorities.
Such a disservice to her kids, the gift of bilingualism is invaluable. Kids who are raised bilingually really don’t have to put in any effort, but once you reach 10 years old it is extremely difficult to achieve native proficiency and it involves SO much hard work.

Reactions: 11
Pretty sure Gemma has mentioned before that she has learnt some (numbers 1-10 or something). She has dropped a few Spanish words while filming on her stories and let me tell you her level is less than basic.

I learnt Spanish for gcse 24 years ago and remember more than that. My husband has been doing Duolingo for about a year and can read/listen well in quite a lot (it's all too quick to speak for him!)

She could do so much more but it's like she doesn't want too. 🤷

Reactions: 9
I think the issue could be that he’s not there all the time. I’m guessing in the early stages continuity is key. Once strictly rehearsals starts in August he’s only home at weekends then once the series starts it could just be Sundays. He also goes on tour for a couple of months a year.

Reactions: 7
---

Such a disservice to her kids, the gift of bilingualism is invaluable. Kids who are raised bilingually really don’t have to put in any effort, but once you reach 10 years old it is extremely difficult to achieve native proficiency and it involves SO much hard work.
Exactly! What a wonderful gift to your kids! I don't get it 👩‍💻

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I do think she’s had a more difficult birth and recovery than she’s letting on. She might decide to share that at some point, or maybe not. But I don’t think Aljaz would still be doing every night feed a week later if there wasn’t a good reason. Hopefully they can get some extra help with her parents being there.
Yeah I think she had a C section like Gemma I'm not slating Janette but clearly Aliaz will be the 'Manny' as I'm pretty sure Janette will be presenting ITT and bringing home the bacon going forward .

Reactions: 5
One of my work colleagues is polish and her husband is Brazilian. They haven’t made their kids learn to speak either language which I find insane! They can understand it being spoken to them but can’t speak it. They’re teens now so I doubt they’ll be bothered until they’re older and realise it was a wasted gift.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I think the issue could be that he’s not there all the time. I’m guessing in the early stages continuity is key. Once strictly rehearsals starts in August he’s only home at weekends then once the series starts it could just be Sundays. He also goes on tour for a couple of months a year.
This is true but he's there enough, I think (although I'm no expert) to just speak Spanish all the time with the kids?

Reactions: 8
I have to say while I do like Janette and Alijaz she does seem to be getting on my nerves a bit which has surprised me 🤔 she's gone from flinging herself around on morning telly at nearly 40 weeks pregnant to now apparently barely able to lift the baby and sitting in a chair under a blanket like she's on her last legs in a care home...... I think she's had a big reality check tbh .
There’s nothing more humbling than having a baby. Especially your first.

Reactions: 13
It kick starts her weight loss! I’ve known lots of people who have breastfed for those first 6 weeks to lose weight.
Didnt bloody kick start my weight loss ! Im still carrying baby weight 11 years on 😝😝
---
Thread suggestion. 'Come on guys its cross fit time. Gems had no sleep, but dont worry- its fine!'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Fair enough health and fitness but they are obsessive…just had a new born and they are still in the fitness stuff. Saw Gorka’s insta and the weight lifting 🏋️‍♀️ he’s impressed with that and little Mia exercising…it’s just odd..

Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree then she mentioned she had a really painful rash on her tummy which wasn’t helping. She also said she is frustrated she can’t hold and cuddle the baby so I think it’s lovely Alijaz is there for her.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.