Gemma Atkinson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There didn't appear to be any thread title suggestions so just went with her name again.

In the last thread, "little man" made his appearance and Gemma didn't get her much longed for VBAC, but it's all fine because Gorka's favourite pub is all intact šŸ¤¢ Gemma hasn't been getting much sleep, again it's all fine because she's supermum. Mia's obsessed with cross fit on the telly, heaven forbid she might fancy a bit of Cbeebies for a change.

Previous thread here https://tattle.life/threads/gemma-atkinson.37835/page-52

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Well , i did make a thread suggestion somewhere but it were a bit tit n can't find it now! Plus i were harping on about (lack of )weight loss after BF.
Anyways ......
as you were, you little crossfittersšŸ¤£.
Ps- thanks for doing new thread . Im too nervous to do it .ha ha

Reactions: 9
One of the last posts was about Gorka being with Zara on Strictly. I think she will be too tall for him. He is a bit of a short arse

Since he got to the final last year maybe it will be a dud year this time round

Reactions: 10
Howling!! Morning Gem, see you caught up on yesterdays Tattle chats and have posted Mia speaking Spanish ...

Tell me you don't read tattle without actually telling me you don't......what can we make her do next I wonder?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Iā€™m not bilingual so donā€™t know much about it but thought the way to teach was just by talking to them in a second language like you just talk to them in English
They seem to teach her like itā€™s a specific Spanish lesson hence why she says she can count to ten and isnā€™t just having this conversation actually in Spanish

Reactions: 17
Iā€™m not bilingual so donā€™t know much about it but thought the way to teach was just by talking to them in a second language like you just talk to them in English
They seem to teach her like itā€™s a specific Spanish lesson hence why she says she can count to ten and isnā€™t just having this conversation actually in Spanish
Exactly this!

Reactions: 7
My kids were lucky enough to have a Spanish teacher in their school, so as an extra lesson they would learn Spanish in reception and they they could all speak as much Spanish as Mia.

If that's what they choose to do with her then fine, but don't brag your kid can speak a language when all she can do is parrot 1-10 in order and say the odd word when asked to repeat it.

By that reckoning, I can speak German and French.. when all I can really do is count in order, and remember a few random words

Reactions: 20
Howling!! Morning Gem, see you caught up on yesterdays Tattle chats and have posted Mia speaking Spanish ...

Tell me you don't read tattle without actually telling me you don't......what can we make her do next I wonder?!
Mia hasnā€™t actually said a word in Spanish in the video! šŸ«Ø

My 3 year old can count to 10 in French because she has a 1 hour a week French ā€˜lessonā€™ at pre-school. As me and my husband are both English Iā€™m made up with that but if I could speak another language fluently i would absolutely be only speaking that to her in the house etc.

These influencers get fixated and research the hell out of things that affect themselves like their body etc (and seems to be bloody ice baths at the min with Gem) but donā€™t do the same for their kids. Itā€™s sad, youā€™d like to think Gem and Gorka would have read up on how to raise a bilingual child, thereā€™s loads on it on the internet.

Reactions: 8
What a coincidence theyā€™ve mentioned Spanish ! After is was discussed on here šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Now I wish they would lighten up a bit on the poor child, in general.
Let her be a child, watch tv aimed at her age group and never make her eat prawns and rice (ugh, I hate both) again, if she wants to eat something else.

Reactions: 8
Not to show off, but my kids can speak English, Polish (my mother tongue) and a little of French. But obviously I am a very selfish mother, because I don't exercise. And the selfishness comes from being a single mum who works full time as a teacher, looks after 3 kids, and the house, pays all the bills herself, cooks, cleans, and does other selfish things in order not to be swallowed by the cost-of-living crisis.. I only do it because I am selfish, not because I love my kids.
I used to like Gemma, I thought she is real. No more. I do not need to know her hair is greasy or what happens with my/her/your uterus after the birth. I am sorry, but I just have other things to do, because I need to go to a proper job. How selfish of me?!! I am not a prude; I am quite blunt, however, the constant remarks about her (nonexistent) sex life, described in a very gutter-y way, do not appeal to me.
When I leave my home at 7 in the morning and I am back around 5-6p.m. my selfish ass starts the tea for the kids, does the washing and other selfish things like doing homework with my kids. And then when my kids go to their bedroom, I sit with my laptop and plan lessons for the next day, week or whatever. I might actually follow Gemma's suit and go to the gym, rather than cook. Please, I do not want to be a selfish mother! (insert crying emojis).
Do you all think I still have a chance to be a good mother?

Feck off Gemma. I am actually so disappointed in you.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Not to show off, but my kids can speak English, Polish (my mother tongue) and a little of French. But obviously I am a very selfish mother, because I don't exercise. And the selfishness comes from being a single mum who works full time as a teacher, looks after 3 kids, and the house, pays all the bills herself, cooks, cleans, and does other selfish things in order not to be swallowed by the cost-of-living crisis.. I only do it because I am selfish, not because I love my kids.
I used to like Gemma, I thought she is real. No more. I do not need to know her hair is greasy or what happens with my/her/your uterus after the birth. I am sorry, but I just have other things to do, because I need to go to a proper job. How selfish of me?!! I am not a prude; I am quite blunt, however, the constant remarks about her (nonexistent) sex life, described in a very gutter-y way, do not appeal to me.
When I leave my home at 7 in the morning and I am back around 5-6p.m. my selfish ass starts the tea for the kids, does the washing and other selfish things like doing homework with my kids. And then when my kids go to their bedroom, I sit with my laptop and plan lessons for the next day, week or whatever. I might actually follow Gemma's suit and go to the gym, rather than cook. Please, I do not want to be a selfish mother! (insert crying emojis).

Every single word of this!! šŸ‘šŸ» She thinks sheā€™s so relatable when itā€™s the total opposite. What would be relatable is seeing how she intends to fit in her big fitness regime when sheā€™s got TWO kids to look after, on her own mostly as he is away working, work to go to, a house to keep clean and tidy, shopping to go for, every meal to prep/cook/tidy away etc. She hasnā€™t got a clue, most working mums are lucky to get a few minutes to themselves at the end of the day, I know I am. Iā€™d love to have the time for all this ā€œself careā€ but I probably get about 6 hours out of a 24 hour day without anyone needing anything at some point, so I have to try and fit in other things, like sleep.

Reactions: 22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.