Gemma Atkinson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really saddens me tbh, and frustrates me too. It’s their choice at the end of the day, but I just don’t understand why Gorka doesn’t speak solely in Spanish to his children. I mostly feel for his family who won’t be able to have as close of a relationship with Mia and Thiago compared to if they had been brought up fluent in Spanish. They hardly visit Bilbao either. They’ve spent more time in Tenerife than his home city.
Me neither, maybe I’m being a bit harsh here but tbh I don’t know why Gemma hasn’t really learnt it either? I know a family who have a child the same age as Mia, the Mum is a native Spanish speaker and the Dad learnt Spanish to communicate with their wife’s family. Their child only really speaks Spanish at home and then English at nursery/outside of the home.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have to say i really like Gemma I think compared to the likes of Charlotte Dawson and the like she's genuine yes she into fitness etc but suppose she has to make her money as we all do so why not least she seems to actually care and love her babies and is normal compared to a lot of others
There is a rave thread

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I have to say i really like Gemma I think compared to the likes of Charlotte Dawson and the like she's genuine yes she into fitness etc but suppose she has to make her money as we all do so why not least she seems to actually care and love her babies and is normal compared to a lot of others
She does have a rave thread too btw!

Reactions: 9
“Knows some Spanish too” I find this so odd I’d expect when one parent is not a native English speaker the child would speak both languages rather than only knowing “some” of one
'My advice with everything...'

Such insight. Not. Gawd she is some dose.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It really saddens me tbh, and frustrates me too. It’s their choice at the end of the day, but I just don’t understand why Gorka doesn’t speak solely in Spanish to his children. I mostly feel for his family who won’t be able to have as close of a relationship with Mia and Thiago compared to if they had been brought up fluent in Spanish. They hardly visit Bilbao either. They’ve spent more time in Tenerife than his home city.
Agree with this, such a shame considering they are so close to Gemma’s family.
I know it’s harder with his being in Spain but you think you’d do all you could to compensate and part of that would be speaking to your baby/toddler in Spanish as much as possible so they learn it like English - what a wasted opportunity to give Mia two languages. Any bilingual families I know speak both languages right from the start.

Reactions: 16
I moved to France when I was 5, and spent the rest of my childhood there. I speak better French than English 😂 I don’t want kids but if that changes I know full well that if their other parent isn’t French, I will be speaking French to them so that they also get to be bilingual. Its Such a good thing to be I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want it for your kids!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s getting boring seeing her make her daughter be obsessed with fitness and watching CrossFit 🥱

Reactions: 22
Joyless existence for the poor kid.
Totally. Also foisting your own ideas on kids and them 'liking' them isn't the big win I expect they think it is. Kids are kids. They don't know any different. Let them have their own personality rather than mimicking you. Health and exercise are important but the two of them take it to an extreme level IMO. I'm not sure that message is necessarily completely a good one for children.

Reactions: 10
“Knows some Spanish too” I find this so odd I’d expect when one parent is not a native English speaker the child would speak both languages rather than only knowing “some” of one
This is what I don’t get with them. We had many children in my old nursery who were bilingual/ trilingual. A 1 and a half year old whose mum spoke Greek to him, dad spoke Dutch & we spoke English at nursery. He would respond to each person in said language. They could’ve done this with Mia but haven’t?

Reactions: 12
I have a few friends whose parents were either nutritionists/dieticians or really into fitness and were therefore brought up on really strict “healthy” diets (I say that as it wasn’t balanced. No sweets ever, if they were at birthday parties they were sent with their boiled chicken and asparagus etc) and in every sport under the sun. Every single one of them - and I repeat - every single one of them have had or currently have eating disorders / body confidence issues beyond that of a regular person. And they aren’t just women.

If they carry on with this (which Gemma knows all so they will) poor Mia and her little brother will grow up to be very very unhappy people.

Reactions: 22
I recently read that Pasha from Strictly spoke to his children in Russian at home because he wants them to have a close relationship with his parents and that his partner Rachel Riley also learnt Russian so that they could all speak together.

Didn't Gemma start Spanish lessons when she had Mia? I think it’s so sad that they could potentially be cut off from a whole side of their family and part of their culture/ heritage due to the language barrier

Reactions: 20
Hmmm yes it shrinks your uterus back down faster as well! You might be onto something there
I often find that looking at Gorka Marquez makes my uterus shrink up fast so that's another tip for all you new mums out there who are desprate to get back to weightlifting and sex at the 6 week mark like Gem.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve got to be honest I found Janette annoying as hell on strictly but I’ve started following her and Aljaz. They kept popping up on my instagram feed and my goodness what a lovely couple they are! Janette is keeping it real showing the reality of having a newborn.
No showing off about her undercarriage being
intact from this classy lady!
---

She went for a 15 min walk but it was too much, after she carried Trivago into pre sch in his carrier. Not sure that’s recommended after a c section?
I’ve really enjoyed seeing the posts and stories from Janette and Aljaz, much more relatable and down to earth. Aljaz is obviously doing most of the night stuff to let Janette recover after the birth, he’s doing a lovely job of looking after his wife and daughter. It’s so sweet to see how tired and happy he is, but let’s give it a few weeks/months of crap sleep and see how much he’s still smiling LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve really enjoyed seeing the posts and stories from Janette and Aljaz, much more relatable and down to earth. Aljaz is obviously doing most of the night stuff to let Janette recover after the birth, he’s doing a lovely job of looking after his wife and daughter. It’s so sweet to see how tired and happy he is, but let’s give it a few weeks/months of crap sleep and see how much he’s still smiling LOL.
He’s on a high at the moment. Definitely!

Reactions: 4
My dad has some toxic attitudes towards fitness and food and unfortunately I see the exact same in Gemma. And Gorka just appears to be quite angry/strict.

I really feel for those two kids. I predict it won't end well this time in two decades.

(Janette/Aljaž are sweethearts though)

Reactions: 13
I have a few friends whose parents were either nutritionists/dieticians or really into fitness and were therefore brought up on really strict “healthy” diets (I say that as it wasn’t balanced. No sweets ever, if they were at birthday parties they were sent with their boiled chicken and asparagus etc) and in every sport under the sun. Every single one of them - and I repeat - every single one of them have had or currently have eating disorders / body confidence issues beyond that of a regular person. And they aren’t just women.

If they carry on with this (which Gemma knows all so they will) poor Mia and her little brother will grow up to be very very unhappy people.
I know a family whose parents are all dentists, we’re not allowed sugar or unhealthy foods as kids. Now in 20s kids are all overweight with multiple tooth issues as they rebelled against parents when they left home and binged on sweets (just as they did when they were kids at parties).

Reactions: 16
I have to say while I do like Janette and Alijaz she does seem to be getting on my nerves a bit which has surprised me 🤔 she's gone from flinging herself around on morning telly at nearly 40 weeks pregnant to now apparently barely able to lift the baby and sitting in a chair under a blanket like she's on her last legs in a care home...... I think she's had a big reality check tbh .

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.