Gemma Atkinson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gemma Atkinson is of course a popular actress, radio host and fitness enthusiast she's also the long term partner of Strictly pro dancer GorkaMarquez

Whilst only being a parent for a few short years she readily pontificates on all things motherhood but equally locks her 3 year old daughter in her bedroom as punishment for asking to co sleep with her parents.
She has now shared the strange house rule that in the morning they only allow Mia to speak or answer in spanish which by any ones standards is a lot of pressure for a pre school child.

Its basically the world according to Gem, if she says it or does it then it must be right, end of !! (But remember guys she's dead humble, not an opinionated big gob)

So as not to derail her rave thread this is a place to speak freely if you're fed up with the cocky deep voiced preaching.

#1 Locking Mia in her room, she must speak spanish until noon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So glad I’ve found this thread. Never could take to Gemma - she always gives off mean girl vibes IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm so glad this thread has been made. I thought I was the only person who couldn't stand her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Met her in Magaluf about 20 years ago taking gear in the toilet. She got a nose bleed, there was no toilet roll. She whipped off her knickers n blew her nose on them

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
When she says on stories what people my age are doing Vs me right now (clubbing in Nappa type pic Vs in bed doing jack crap) is Gemma not pushing 40 ??

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If nothing else, her voice goes through me 🤣
Oh yes - very booming and strident! 📢📢😂😂
---
I'm so glad this thread has been made. I thought I was the only person who couldn't stand her.
Me too - I looked at the rave thread and thought it must just be me that’s not keen - but apparently not! We are amongst friends here!! 👍😂😂
---
Met her in Magaluf about 20 years ago taking gear in the toilet. She got a nose bleed, there was no toilet roll. She whipped off her knickers n blew her nose on them
OMG!! 😱 That’s some good hot tea right there!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Echoing what a few others have said, I also thought I was the only one not to like her. Just comes across as smug to me and like she looks down her nose at those outside her circle. And like someone else said, her voice goes through me

When she says on stories what people my age are doing Vs me right now (clubbing in Nappa type pic Vs in bed doing jack crap) is Gemma not pushing 40 ??
Yep, she’s 38. Maybe she’s stuck in the 00’s and thinks she’s still late teens going into her 20’s 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m no Gemma hater, she can be somewhat holier than thou, but overall I have no real issue with her; the title of this thread jumped out at me though. I’ve always been a little confused by the way they teach Mia Spanish. I thought the generally accepted method was for each parent to exclusively or almost exclusively speak to the child in their language from birth. That’s what my aunt and uncle did and the kids were equally fluent in both languages throughout childhood. Differences in size of vocabulary only appeared in their teens, they think due to a combination of the boy becoming a bit of a non communicative type and the girl being very much the opposite and also actively seeking out media in her other language/being generally more proactive about it. Basically, it takes work. Gemma and Gorka don’t seem to be taking this approach though. I’ve only really seen him teach her very simple phrases and she doesn’t seem to have anything close to equal fluency. The way she chats away about the weather in full idiomatic Mancunian suggests she’s a proper little sponge for language and vocabulary 😂

Just speaking Spanish in the morning seems odd? Surely just switching to full immersion would be better? I’d be so confused if every day lunchtime came and I was suddenly expected to start speaking a different language!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I used to really like her but now 🙄🙄

where to start?
The shouty over the top voice

The weird boner she has for the guy she works with

Poor Mia having a phone rammed in her face all the tim

The creepy Will Mellor stuff

The passive aggressive attitude

The hideous ITS collab 😂😂 those clothes looked absolutely honking and a fire hazard

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I used to really like her but now 🙄🙄

where to start?
The shouty over the top voice

The weird boner she has for the guy she works with

Poor Mia having a phone rammed in her face all the tim

The creepy Will Mellor stuff

The passive aggressive attitude

The hideous ITS collab 😂😂 those clothes looked absolutely honking and a fire hazard
100% agree. I used to like her. These days I find her a bit smug and showy.

Reactions: 16
I said it on the other thread adn ill say it again. Gemma breaches her daughters privacy and puts her image/photos out for the world to see including to very dangerous peopl. Just the like all the other instahuns but it appears to be ok for Gemma to do cause she dead nice is Gemma! Wrecks me. The ITS contract was the turning point for a lot of people. For me it was letting the dog suck teh dummy and then giving it to Mia but it was ok as its goof to get germs. FFS

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I’m being petty as duck here but it’s always bothered me so much how she calls him Gorks 😫😂
OMG me too!!! 😩😩 Always hated this and somehow I found it demeaning to him and somewhat passive aggressive of her to call him Gorks. So glad to see your comment. As everyone seems to love her I thought it was just me been a miserable old bag!! Lol!! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m not keen on the overexposure of Mia, but don’t see anything wrong with the Spanish in the mornings. Yes, normally bilingual kids are bought with with Mum talking one language and Dad the other, but Gorka is away a lot and this is the age where their brains are like sponges.

I have a step son who is Swedish. He spent most of school holidays with us and we made him speak English all of the time apart from 121 time with his Dad. He wasn’t took keen when he was little, but he got to his teens and thanked us for it. He even got enjoyment at school correcting his teachers!

Reactions: 9
I’m no Gemma hater, she can be somewhat holier than thou, but overall I have no real issue with her; the title of this thread jumped out at me though. I’ve always been a little confused by the way they teach Mia Spanish. I thought the generally accepted method was for each parent to exclusively or almost exclusively speak to the child in their language from birth. That’s what my aunt and uncle did and the kids were equally fluent in both languages throughout childhood. Differences in size of vocabulary only appeared in their teens, they think due to a combination of the boy becoming a bit of a non communicative type and the girl being very much the opposite and also actively seeking out media in her other language/being generally more proactive about it. Basically, it takes work. Gemma and Gorka don’t seem to be taking this approach though. I’ve only really seen him teach her very simple phrases and she doesn’t seem to have anything close to equal fluency. The way she chats away about the weather in full idiomatic Mancunian suggests she’s a proper little sponge for language and vocabulary 😂

Just speaking Spanish in the morning seems odd? Surely just switching to full immersion would be better? I’d be so confused if every day lunchtime came and I was suddenly expected to start speaking a different language!
It’s definitely a weird way to do it! Like you say everything I’ve read is that from birth each parent just speaks their own language to their child and they quickly are fluent in both. Maybe cos they didn’t do this they’re trying this other way instead and don’t know (or care) enough about them to know if she maybe goes to nursery or childminder in the afternoons 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I just find her really smug. With the whole ‘Mia isn’t allowed in our bed’ stuff, aside from when Gorka is away then she is so missed messages 🙄 also the whole holding the door shut thing. Idk I used to find Gemma okay but she’s been posting things that have made me side eye her AND Gorka- I really do feel like she paints him as having a bit of a temper…

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.