Gemma Atkinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the whole I like Gemma, but I can’t be doing with her holier than thou attitude about not having kids in the bed. I get the feeling Gorka didn’t want kids in the bed and she’s the one who has to enforce it. She bangs on about not judging anyone who does let kids in their bed but also a sly little dig about how someone else mentioned making a rod for your own back 🙄🙄 She keeps going on about how everyone needs a good nights sleep like it’s impossible with a child in the bed. I’ve had much better sleep the last few years with a child in my bed because I’m not getting up/down half a dozen times a night 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

You do you boo 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 21
On the whole I like Gemma, but I can’t be doing with her holier than thou attitude about not having kids in the bed. I get the feeling Gorka didn’t want kids in the bed and she’s the one who has to enforce it. She bangs on about not judging anyone who does let kids in their bed but also a sly little dig about how someone else mentioned making a rod for your own back 🙄🙄 She keeps going on about how everyone needs a good nights sleep like it’s impossible with a child in the bed. I’ve had much better sleep the last few years with a child in my bed because I’m not getting up/down half a dozen times a night 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

You do you boo 😘
I thought the same. Goes on about not judging anyone for it then…proceeds to judge them 🙄 I just don’t see why it’s anyone’s business anyway! I would love for my 2 yo to sleep full time in her own bed but I’m not going to let her scream and cry over it so fine she comes and sleeps with me. It is what it is 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11

You do you boo 😘
Yes! I didn’t have mine in bed with me unless they were unwell but that’s just because they were sound sleepers and didn’t want to come in , however if it meant we all slept better I would have done it in a flash. You do whatever works for you. If I had my time again I think I’d actually encourage co sleeping 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought the same. Goes on about not judging anyone for it then…proceeds to judge them 🙄 I just don’t see why it’s anyone’s business anyway! I would love for my 2 yo to sleep full time in her own bed but I’m not going to let her scream and cry over it so fine she comes and sleeps with me. It is what it is 🤷🏼‍♀️
Don’t worry, my daughter is nearly 6 and only just beginning to regularly sleep in her own bed 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

You do you boo 😘
Never commented on here before but when I saw your post regarding her holier than attitude to co sleeping I couldn't not add that I feel that sadly it does seem to sum her up generally but I can't find a thread to get to it off my chest.

I often think she has a holier than thou tone with most subjects its all very 'yeah so matter of factly I kinda just know it all from dogs to gym to home to keep ya man happy to raising kids no biggy but dont forget im dead humble'
like I know she has a deep voice and everything but honestly she dishes it out and sounds like a 50 year old mum with about thirty years of parenting experience .

Very passive aggressive, Gems way or the highway ....... please say she has thread I don't want to derail guys !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
What happened during her pregnancy with Mia? I know her birth was quite eventful & an emergency but didn’t realise her pregnancy was too.
Also she mentioned this morning about her scan going into detail? Is that not standard to check all organs/face structure/placenta flow etc? I’m at a hospital that does fetal research but assumed 12 & 20 week scans everywhere would be in depth since sonographers are surely trained to the same level?

Reactions: 4
What happened during her pregnancy with Mia? I know her birth was quite eventful & an emergency but didn’t realise her pregnancy was too.
Also she mentioned this morning about her scan going into detail? Is that not standard to check all organs/face structure/placenta flow etc? I’m at a hospital that does fetal research but assumed 12 & 20 week scans everywhere would be in depth since sonographers are surely trained to the same level?
They check all of the things she mentioned at the standard 12 & 20 week scans. They don’t usually talk you through every measurement, they just get on with it and only explain or go into detail if something is abnormal or needs further investigations.

Reactions: 4
Not being funny but her latest story about if she gave into to Mia’s crying she’d end up raising a spoilt child with no social skills who doesn’t have any friends… how would she know this? This is her first time raising a child lmao.

Reactions: 16
Not being funny but her latest story about if she gave into to Mia’s crying she’d end up raising a spoilt child with no social skills who doesn’t have any friends… how would she know this? This is her first time raising a child lmao.
As a sometimes judgmental non parent I think she's right about needing to put the foot down when they're young if you don't want them to be arseholes when they're older - you do observe patterns of behaviour in how friends and family interact with their kids IMO, whether you have kids yourself or not.
(I didn't watch her stories so not commenting on her tone etc, just on what you've quoted above)

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe that guff she has just posted 😳
Digging herself quite the hole isn't she and basically saying that if she can't control a situation then she'll lock living things away as a punishment

And before the dog police come for me, I've nothing against crates. Mine has one, but it's never used as punishment

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think she mentioned she is having extra scans due to Mia being so tiny when she was born. My eldest was was very small when he was born which wasn’t picked up on at all during my pregnancy so I had extra scans with my 2nd to make sure that he kept growing as he should as obviously, normally, you don’t have any scans after 20 weeks.

Reactions: 2
There’s a difference between responding to your child’s emotional needs and not having any boundaries. I think most parents know when their child is trying it on!
I didn’t think that Gemma was being judgemental yesterday. She just doesn’t want to co-sleep with her child. She was talking to making a rod for her own back.

Reactions: 9
I think she mentioned she is having extra scans due to Mia being so tiny when she was born. My eldest was was very small when he was born which wasn’t picked up on at all during my pregnancy so I had extra scans with my 2nd to make sure that he kept growing as he should as obviously, normally, you don’t have any scans after 20 weeks.
Yeah she’s paying for her pre natal care

Reactions: 1
I'm w
As a sometimes judgmental non parent I think she's right about needing to put the foot down when they're young if you don't want them to be arseholes when they're older - you do observe patterns of behaviour in how friends and family interact with their kids IMO, whether you have kids yourself or not.
(I didn't watch her stories so not commenting on her tone etc, just on what you've quoted above)
I'm with you on this. There's far too many entitled brats in this world and I admire her stance on discipline.

Reactions: 13
They check all of the things she mentioned at the standard 12 & 20 week scans. They don’t usually talk you through every measurement, they just get on with it and only explain or go into detail if something is abnormal or needs further investigations.
Yeah I thought as much. It was the way she said it as though none of it had ever been checked with Mia. I’m guessing she went into labour early too with her & didn’t make the 36 week scan.
I always thought it’s odd to have the last growth scan so close to full term.
I’m pretty envious she has the money to have some it privately 😅

Reactions: 1
There’s a difference between responding to your child’s emotional needs and not having any boundaries. I think most parents know when their child is trying it on!
I didn’t think that Gemma was being judgemental yesterday. She just doesn’t want to co-sleep with her child. She was talking to making a rod for her own back.
Yeah, I didn't think she was being judgemental, just explaining her reasons. I wasn't too fussed about my kids coming into bed but I completely get why some people don't want to encourage it. I had to set boundaries with loads of other stuff though 😆

Reactions: 3
Yeah, I didn't think she was being judgemental, just explaining her reasons. I wasn't too fussed about my kids coming into bed but I completely get why some people don't want to encourage it. I had to set boundaries with loads of other stuff though 😆
I also didn’t find her to be judgemental, just explaining how and why she does things the way she does. As a teacher of young children who sees some questionable parenting and horrifically behaved children, I also admire her stance on discipline.

Reactions: 13
I'm w
I'm with you on this. There's far too many entitled brats in this world and I admire her stance on discipline.
I'm all for discipline and agree with you, although I've never trapped any of my children in a room.

I think the poster that messaged her has a point and was possibly suggesting that Gemma practices cruelty free and kindness (aside from ITS and when she promoted P&G products) and that holding a door is cruel.
There are plenty of other ways of teaching your child to sleep in their own bed, even when they're having a temper.
She said she had Gorks with her so they could have taken turns getting up and down with her until she settled.

She then dug herself in deeper by saying she locked her puppies up for having an accident. Why punish them because you as a human didn't let them out in time?

I really like her, but she can sound very high and mighty at times

• Heart
Reactions: 15