Gemma Atkinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s lovely for them that they’re having another baby (and I get that they seem popular on here), but I find Gemma incredibly dull. She’s probably a nice enough person, but for a radio ‘personality’ she talks about just 3 things: Gorka, her little girl, and excercise. She’s boring.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s lovely for them that they’re having another baby (and I get that they seem popular on here), but I find Gemma incredibly dull. She’s probably a nice enough person, but for a radio ‘personality’ she talks about just 3 things: Gorka, her little girl, and excercise. She’s boring.
I haven't listened to her on the radio to comment on this, but when she involves her co-host on Instagram (I want to say he's called Mike?), the conversation seems fun and lively.

Reactions: 10
I'll not have a bad word to say about her apart from her ITS contract. She is so down to earth and lovely in her Insta stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'll not have a bad word to say about her apart from her ITS contract. She is so down to earth and lovely in her Insta stories.
Me too! And I love the stuff she does for charity. She seems like such a nice person, down to earth, it just sucks about ITS. I hope she doesn’t do any more work with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I haven't listened to her on the radio to comment on this, but when she involves her co-host on Instagram (I want to say he's called Mike?), the conversation seems fun and lively.
I don’t follow her, but she keeps popping up on my insta or tiktok, as I said, I’m
sure she’s a nice and down to
earth person, but I find she only
talks about those three things. I remember her on I’m
a Celeb amd she was boring there too. That said, I’m glad that their relationship is still going strong.

---

What’s the ITS contract?

---

Just realised that this is in the ‘Rave About’ section (I just did a search for ‘Gemma Atkinson’)…apologies, I’ll see myself out! 🤣👋🏼

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t follow her, but she keeps popping up on my insta or tiktok, as I said, I’m
sure she’s a nice and down to
earth person, but I find she only
talks about those three things. I remember her on I’m
a Celeb amd she was boring there too. That said, I’m glad that their relationship is still going strong.

---

What’s the ITS contract?

---

Just realised that this is in the ‘Rave About’ section (I just did a search for ‘Gemma Atkinson’)…apologies, I’ll see myself out! 🤣👋🏼

Youre excused!! - it did turn into a bit of normal tattle thread due to the ITS contract. Thats why I came looking - . She has a lot of good points but To be honest she over exposes her daughter and breaches her privacy like the rest of them and uses her to sell stuff and make money but just cause she "nice" its ok. Also the dog hygiene thing! Boke. Ill see myself out with you!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Youre excused!! - it did turn into a bit of normal tattle thread due to the ITS contract. Thats why I came looking - . She has a lot of good points but To be honest she over exposes her daughter and breaches her privacy like the rest of them and uses her to sell stuff and make money but just cause she "nice" its ok. Also the dog hygiene thing! Boke. Ill see myself out with you!!!
It doesn't take long for some of these rave threads to turn ! ITS was her big mistake!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t like ITS but if you shop at ANY high street brand, you are buying clothes made by people in tit conditions. I don’t like the clothes she does with them nor how they make her look nothing like herself in the ads but I can’t say anything about the rest. I live in clothes from H&M, River Island, Primark, ASOS & my kids live in clothes from Asda & Sainsburys. All of which are fast, cheap fashion made by people in god awful conditions. I hate that I do, I wish I could do better but I can’t afford it. The only good thing I do do is not overconsume. I very rarely buy new clothes for myself & I get 90% of my kids clothes from Vinted.

I think it’s easy to take the high horse with stuff like this & fair play if you shop entirely ethically & sustainably but I suspect most people don’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t like ITS but if you shop at ANY high street brand, you are buying clothes made by people in tit conditions. I don’t like the clothes she does with them nor how they make her look nothing like herself in the ads but I can’t say anything about the rest. I live in clothes from H&M, River Island, Primark, ASOS & my kids live in clothes from Asda & Sainsburys. All of which are fast, cheap fashion made by people in god awful conditions. I hate that I do, I wish I could do better but I can’t afford it. The only good thing I do do is not overconsume. I very rarely buy new clothes for myself & I get 90% of my kids clothes from Vinted.

I think it’s easy to take the high horse with stuff like this & fair play if you shop entirely ethically & sustainably but I suspect most people don’t.
I'm in the same boat - I try to buy secondhand when I can but I'm a student nurse with kids and an ever-increasing mortgage so for some stuff I just have to use Primark, H&M etc. Ethically speaking, most of these brands are the same - ITS have the same ethical rating as River Island, Next and Nobody's Child on the Good On You site and they're probably considered 'good' brands by a lot of people

Obviously, it doesn't make any of it ok, it's just a reflection of the godawful state of the fashion industry in general and it sucks. Although i'm not justifying Gemma working with ITS as they just seem sketchy and dodgy in other ways (and I suspect their bubble might burst soon anyway) but I can't get too uppity about it as I buy cheap clothes

Also, I like her - she seems like a decent, down to earth person in a lot of ways and nobody's perfect. I'm allowed to say that on a rave thread right? 😜

Reactions: 12
ITS churn out collection after collection daily, the clothes are overpriced and are always reduced within a matter of days which in itself is dodgy, and the quality is appalling, they also charge for returns..the owner also loves to play the inclusitivity card and the reality is the majority of plus sizes are never actually available, he also hates fat women . The 2 women that he uses to represent ' fat ' women both fit the stereotype of what most perceive fat people to be, both are lazy and unhealthy and absolutely don't represent any plus size woman I know!

Gemmas involvement with them is puzzling but I guess the paycheque was a good one!

Reactions: 6
i know she means well with sharing all the optimistic pregnancy is amazing stuff and oh im getting a private midwife to lower the load on the NHS, but surely most of her followers are bang average income and could only ever dream of going private. Nothing like making them worry there is something wrong, i feel like this may be a long pregnancy!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
i know she means well with sharing all the optimistic pregnancy is amazing stuff and oh im getting a private midwife to lower the load on the NHS, but surely most of her followers are bang average income and could only ever dream of going private. Nothing like making them worry there is something wrong, i feel like this may be a long pregnancy!
Exactly. Plus if she really wanted to lighten the load she'd go to a private hospital for the birth aswell no?

Reactions: 7
It was an unnecessary sharing of personal information that no one asked for! I like Gemma a lot but I do think she flaunts her privilege all under the guise of being 'just like us'.
It's a massive privilege to have a private midwife on speed dial 24/7, was it necessary to reveal that information to her followers? No.

Reactions: 17
I just wish I had an even half her motivation and stamina exercise wise. The fact she gets up at 5am to exercise 😅🫣

Reactions: 6