Gemma Atkinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too, and I like that she’s pretty open about the tit side of life and not being the perfect human too!
Yeah I love her and Gorka and their little girl is a cutie. I just wish she didn’t do ITS clothes!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well she hasn’t flogged enough gear for ITS - it’s utterly tanked in value and is being flogged on the cheap to avoid administration

They seem to be focusing more on their own brand stuff and cutting down on the 'collabs' (which presumably cost them loads in influencer fees and commission). I don't think Gemma's posts for them got much engagement so I wonder if that's it...

Slightly OT, but I do think in general the days of influencers getting paid £££ for this sort of thing are nearly over

Reactions: 14
I feel so sad for Mia in those stories regarding in the mornings we only speak Spanish, you can see in her little face that's she's lost by it all but trying her hardest to understand,
I really do think they talk to her as if she's already a grown up when she's still only so little with lots of childhood for more complex learning still ahead of her yet .

• Angry
Reactions: 9
The thing is the best time to absorb another language is when you are learning to speak your main language. She needs to be bi lingual because half of her family are Spanish. I agree with Gorka in this case. Holding the door shut so she can’t get out not so much!

Reactions: 20
I feel so sad for Mia in those stories regarding in the mornings we only speak Spanish, you can see in her little face that's she's lost by it all but trying her hardest to understand,
I really do think they talk to her as if she's already a grown up when she's still only so little with lots of childhood for more complex learning still ahead of her yet .
She looks fine? It's perfectly normal for a parent who speaks another language to teach their kids to speak it too. I don't think they're perfect, but I can't fathom how anyone thinks this is a bad thing, sorry

Reactions: 15
She looks fine? It's perfectly normal for a parent who speaks another language to teach their kids to speak it too. I don't think they're perfect, but I can't fathom how anyone thinks this is a bad thing, sorry
Obviously Im in no way saying she shouldn't learn Spanish or that it's not normal, more that at this age she can surely just pick up a few a words naturally as she goes, no pressure Gemma big gob saying how do we answer ? and Mia trying to say grazias to keep them happy, if you know kids you could just see it was a lot for her.

Imagine if you had a 3 year old and the rule in your house was we only speak in German in the mornings.

your little one has just grasped English but the rule is reply in German
surely you would tell your husband no at this age she will just pick things up as she goes, no rules.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Obviously Im in no way saying she shouldn't learn Spanish or that it's not normal, more that at this age she can surely just pick up a few a words naturally as she goes, no pressure Gemma big gob saying how do we answer ? and Mia trying to say grazias to keep them happy, if you know kids you could just see it was lot for her .
I don't see how teaching her to say thank you in Spanish is putting pressure on her is anyway - she wasn't talking to her harshly at all. And I know kids, thanks - I've raised two great ones

(Not policing the thread btw - it's in the rave section)

Reactions: 4
I don't see how teaching her to say thank you in Spanish is putting pressure on her is anyway - she wasn't talking to her harshly at all. And I know kids, thanks - I've raised two great ones

(Not policing the thread btw - it's in the rave section)
I know i hate that I'm gate crashing the rave thread 🙈

I think having a house rule that in the mornings you can only speak in French/Spanish/German (whatever language) is a lot for a pre schooler to grasp or stick to ( just my opinion)

I honestly meant 'if you know kids' in a very general sense, not that you don't know kids personally Cal Zone 💖 x

Reactions: 1
You learn language by hearing it, whatever language it is.

But hearing different languages can make it harder, so providing some structure to when Spanish is spoken or English is spoken probably helps her separate what is English and Spanish eventually.

Reactions: 11
You learn language by hearing it, whatever language it is.

But hearing different languages can make it harder, so providing some structure to when Spanish is spoken or English is spoken probably helps her separate what is English and Spanish eventually.
I really do understand all of that especially for an older child like say 1 hour of concentrated learning for an infant school aged child of a foreign language but a house rule that in the mornings everyone in your household including your little 3year old has to speak or reply in a different language seems a bit much (again only sharing my opinion)

I know i hate that I'm gate crashing the rave thread 🙈

I think having a house rule that in the mornings you can only speak in French/Spanish/German (whatever language) is a lot for a pre schooler to grasp or stick to ( just my opinion)

I honestly meant 'if you know kids' in a very general sense, not that you don't know kids personally Cal Zone 💖 x
No worries, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don’t think she was being overly strict about it, she spoke to her in English. Personally I don’t see a problem with it, at that age she’ll pick up language quickly.

Reactions: 3
Thats exactly how children become bilingual though. From being spoken to fluently at home from a baby. I’m bilingual. My Dad is Swedish & my Mum is English. I’ve lived in the UK my whole life. My Dad only ever spoke Swedish to me & my mum used largely English with odd Swedish phrases. If we were chatting as a family, it’d be English as my mum isn’t fluent in Swedish.

As such, by the time I started primary school, I could fluently speak in both languages. It was never a chore or a lesson, rather, I just learned both at the same time much the same as you learn one language as a baby 🤷🏼‍♀️ My own eldest child can speak good conversational Swedish age 5. I speak Swedish at home alone with them but out & about or as a family, I stick to English as it’s just easier!

Reactions: 17
I really do understand all of that especially for an older child like say 1 hour of concentrated learning for an infant school aged child of a foreign language but a house rule that in the mornings everyone in your household including your little 3year old has to speak or reply in a different language seems a bit much (again only sharing my opinion)
It's not a child learning a new language at a random age though. She's not having lessons for an hour a week at school in a randomly selected language.
It's her father's native tongue. She's been spoken to in Spanish since birth and watched children's TV in Spanish since birth too.
From his and her's posts since Mia's birth, it's clear she understands pretty much everything said to her and is picking up spoken word too.
She's not 'learning' Spanish, as such (not like you mean anyway). She's just being brought up bilingual. Like many children around the world. Which has been shown to be hugely beneficial to child development and further learning.

You're completely wrong on this and they're doing it in the exact way most professionals suggest it be done for someone to be fully fluent.

• Angry
Reactions: 16