Gem Lo Valentine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her “career” on yt is making her mh worse.
she would be so much happier if she left it for good.
the complaining about her yt views affecting her mh will annoy a lot of people. Lots of us deal with mh issues and still have to go out to work a normal job everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It feels like she wants the youtube/instagram lifestyle without having to give too much up. Like we all wanna get free stuff and not have to work a 9-5 but with the putting urself out there ur gonna be open to criticism and need a super thick skin. (Its why most of us dont)
I think she uploaded her videos the wrong way round, the shop with me shoulda been first and then the what I got and try on.

I do like her but i feel like her spark is gone which is really sad like she used to seem excited for the stuff she was buying but now its almost a chore

Re the sexy underwear....she cnt return that... whos she wearing it for coz she lives with her parents and leos in the other room so its not like shell be getting any (also think shes single) and its not what u wear to bed, like imagine Leo wakening up in the night shed need to get dressed before going to see him 🤔

Reactions: 6
It feels like she wants the youtube/instagram lifestyle without having to give too much up. Like we all wanna get free stuff and not have to work a 9-5 but with the putting urself out there ur gonna be open to criticism and need a super thick skin. (Its why most of us dont)
I think she uploaded her videos the wrong way round, the shop with me shoulda been first and then the what I got and try on.

I do like her but i feel like her spark is gone which is really sad like she used to seem excited for the stuff she was buying but now its almost a chore

Re the sexy underwear....she cnt return that... whos she wearing it for coz she lives with her parents and leos in the other room so its not like shell be getting any (also think shes single) and its not what u wear to bed, like imagine Leo wakening up in the night shed need to get dressed before going to see him 🤔
I thought she had a partner?

She would definitely not address it, shes a complete odd ball and not in a good way. Had a few awkward exchanges with her and my opinion completely flipped. Shes not as nice as she seems
Intrigued about the awkward exchanges?!

Not sure what the point was in doing the video she’s just put up as she doesn’t actually address anything apart fro, suggesting she’s put weight back on although it doesn’t look like it

Reactions: 2
I’m finding the constant returning of items after doing a haul as not genuine, we get given a video of all these nice finds and then they hardly get seen again. I can understand returning an item or two for a better size or because it really doesn’t suit but it seems like every time she goes back to the shop she says she returned quite a lot of the things.

Just watched her "weight" video. I think she needs professional help/ counselling, her world seems to come crashing down as she said in the smallest set back. I can understand the breakup of a relationship or the death of a loved one but everyday life should not send your world crashing down. Also she refers to it as food issues, she should have been more open and honest and said she became calorie counting obsessed. She lied about losing her weight through walking so now I don't believe anything she says. On a side note perhaps moving away from fashion videos trying on clothes on to more engaging content might help with her mental health, but she has nothing else to offer. Another influencer who wants the perks but not the criticism.

Reactions: 6
Agreed, while it’s good that she did a video in relation to this (especially for her - it seems like it has helped her to admit out loud that she had a problem), she wasn’t really honest about it. “Food issues” - it wasn’t really good issues, it was an eating disorder and likely still is to some extent. Women and girls with serious body issues and mental health problems are watching her and for their sake I feel that she should have said outright “I had an eating disorder” or “I became obsessed with restricting my food” and “I lost too much weight” because by not being explicit about that it doesn’t open up the conversation or point out that what she was doing was not behaviour to copy.
Also, if she’s out on weight like she kept saying she has then it’s a very small amount which demonstrates that she’s not quite out of the woods as an amount of weight that small going on is no big deal to a mentally well person.

I am so glad that she is feeling better although she still seems fragile. I’m not convinced that this is the best job for someone in that frame of mind.

I don't believe for a moment she's sorted her eating disorder because it seems like that's all that she can think about and why would it not be when her life is all about filming yourself and judging yourself for what your clothes look like on your body. If I was somebody close to her I would be doing everything to try and get her to step away from the fashion insta 'job' because that's the only way she'll be able to make a full recovery. I hope she gets suitable help

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else wonder where she is actually making money from? She gave up her job, shes isnt uploading enough to be making any real money but shes looking at flats

Does anyone else wonder where she is actually making money from? She gave up her job, shes isnt uploading enough to be making any real money but shes looking at flats
I think she said she does self employed work as well as ‘influencing’

You can be self employed & still claim Universal Credit, I would imagine that's where most of her money comes from. Sadly it's a dealbreaker for some landlords even though the money is technically guaranteed so that might be why she's struggling to rent somewhere.

Yea thats kinda what got me wondering, coz it cnt be the rent is too high that would be advertised on the listing so shed know before hand. It cant be that all these flats shes veiwed have all had something wrong because they all have pictures in ads so ur pretty much just going to double check everything is good. Like are the landlords saying no to her?

I live where Gem does and she will probably struggle to get a landlord who accepts UC here tbh, it’s also a really pricey area so a 2 bed flat will probably be 900+ pcm for something decent.

She’s definitely looking a lot healthier in her new video. I’m glad she seems to have clawed her way out of the ED before she became too entrenched in it. It’s also good that she’s embracing the body positive message again.

However...it seems like overkill. She has literally spent the past year starving herself and promoting calorie counting and fitting in tiny sizes then has a few months off, comes back and it’s all “I love my mum tum” again. I used to believe her until she started starving herself to get rid of it. The cynic inside me is wondering if she’s now doing and saying this stuff because she lost followers. But I feel a massive witch for saying that because I really am genuinely relieved and happy for her that she’s eating properly and looking and sounding happier. I just hope it’s genuine this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The constant hauls are annoying and overdone. Apart from showing us around a shop, or showing us what you’ve bought (and will later return!) what other parts of your personality can you offer us?

It’s just bland, bland, bland.. same old shite. Switch it up. Try something new. Give your audience something new to watch. Do a Q&A and let people learn about you. Tell us about your life. Let your personality shine.

I used to be a big fan of Gem. But she just keeps offering up the same old tit and expects people are going to stick around.

Reactions: 7
The constant hauls are annoying and overdone. Apart from showing us around a shop, or showing us what you’ve bought (and will later return!) what other parts of your personality can you offer us?

It’s just bland, bland, bland.. same old shite. Switch it up. Try something new. Give your audience something new to watch. Do a Q&A and let people learn about you. Tell us about your life. Let your personality shine.

I used to be a big fan of Gem. But she just keeps offering up the same old tit and expects people are going to stick around.
I totally agree with this, it’s the haul after haul, after shop with me, after haul. I like Gem, I think she’s a nice person but she doesn’t really share anything with us at all, which is fair enough, it’s her life and her choice but we need something more than what she got in the shops this week. It’s just a bit boring and repetitive.

Reactions: 3
Yep, agree. She needs to tell us more about herself. Do a day in my life vlog. Take us flat viewing with her. Show us how she copes as a single mum. Days out vlogs....etc

I don't know anything about her apart from she has a son and goes to primark every day?
I don't know why she expects people to watch her.

Reactions: 7