GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think we really need another station to compete with GB News, one station to corner that market will be enough.

This now explains why GB & TR seem to view each other as the enemy since these plans were in the cards for a while. With TalkTV signing Piers, I think they will definitely get a boost, the question is if they can offer better than GB has.

I don't think we really need another station to compete with GB News, one station to corner that market will be enough.

This now explains why GB & TR seem to view each other as the enemy since these plans were in the cards for a while. With TalkTV signing Piers, I think they will definitely get a boost, the question is if they can offer better than GB has.
Interesting he’s also given up his columns at the Mail to write for the Sun.

The Tories won’t like this at all.

Reactions: 1
Well it will be interesting to see the wars between the two channels. They might have enough passable stuff between them to merge and create one channel

Yeah he'd have to go all Murdoch brand exclusive with the kind of deal he's got

Reactions: 2
I wonder what parts of it will be new programming and what will be the radio show "tv" stream?

This really is a blow to GB news

I thought Talkradio TV was the new platform (that Mike G plugs everyday) for the live video streams that have been on YouTube for ages?

I was rooting for GB New s to be an antidote to the woke but it is a shame it's not working well. I am sick of the BBC.

There is definitely a market and need for more balanced centralist news, but GBNews has gone the far right fox news route. Feel sad for Andrew Neil. He is a great balanced journalist who deserved better by the BBC, but looks like he got over run when he tried to set up GB News

I thought Andrew Neil was to be a contributor on the Farage show on Mondays, as he said last Monday, yet he wasn't on tonight

TalkTV for him? He already did talkRADIO so has the links but I think prefers TV. Good on him since TM treated them both like sh*t.

I would have said he could have done GB News but Patrick Christys who has the mid-morning show is one of their best presenters and fresh, up and coming talent so I wouldn't want GB to lose him.
GB News is who he is joining

GB News is who he is joining
My fault, only went by the headline. 4 TR drive time presenters in a row on GB, wow! Not too long until Jeremy Kyle pops up then!

Seems like a weekday slot for Eamonn. Where can they put him? Maybe between Liam Halligan and Alex Phillips? Cut the 1 hour Gloria/Liam duo show since they each get their own slot and axe the extra political briefing, I get having one in the morning with Tom and one that covers PMQs but they don't need 3 in a day.

Personally I think they need to re think the Saturday morning slot … Tonya and Esther isn’t a great fit. Also I think the Dewbs slot could be shaken up a little. Sat at the table with three guests is too much. Get back on the sofa and maybe just one guest or two at the most. And tell her to look at her guests when they are talking instead of the screens in front of her. No one else has screens. Eamon I would place at 3.30, cut down the briefing and take an extra 30 mins off Alex. She does repeat herself

Blimey
The media are trying to make out that Ruth and Eamonn were side-lined on This Morning over his comments about 5G masts and Covid. Really, trust me, that's not the reason. "Brave kind" Phillip Schofield calls the shots on that show and has been trying to push them out for a long time, due to bad feeling over the #MatthewMcGreevy affair.

I wish Eamonn well and hope Ruth joins him. He is due to start on the news channel at the beginning of next year.

Reactions: 7
Nothing against him or his colour, but does anyone else find that Calvin Robinson grates on them? He's a bit too "right-wing" for me (I'm a centrist) and he's just as dull as ditch-water! Here he is talking to Sky News Australia.

Nothing against him or his colour, but does anyone else find that Calvin Robinson grates on them? He's a bit too "right-wing" for me (I'm a centrist) and he's just as dull as ditch-water! Here he is talking to Sky News Australia.

He's a decent orator and seems reasonably intelligent compared to the more gobby guests they get on (both left and right) but he does seem to hang out with some totally crazy people with fairly strong/traditional right wing views which makes me question his character a bit.

Last edited:
Personally I think they need to re think the Saturday morning slot … Tonya and Esther isn’t a great fit. Also I think the Dewbs slot could be shaken up a little. Sat at the table with three guests is too much. Get back on the sofa and maybe just one guest or two at the most. And tell her to look at her guests when they are talking instead of the screens in front of her. No one else has screens. Eamon I would place at 3.30, cut down the briefing and take an extra 30 mins off Alex. She does repeat herself
The Saturday Morning slot will need to be redone because they've already lost Caroline Flint (who I think didn't get on well with the others) and talkTV appear to be doing a pilot with Tonia so she might leave as well.

What do you guys think about Dehenna Davison MP and the Political Correction? Personally I think it works quite well. Arlene Foster also adds some interest, although Paul Embery is as dull as ditch-water - just another centre-right stereotype. 😴 💤💤

1637492453809.png

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.