GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So happy that Eamonn joining gb news. And Stephen Dixon from Sky. Only watch gb news now

Reactions: 3
He is in a downwards trajectory. This is a bad move. I am sure he thought he was in with a chance of GMB but Madeley got the gig.
I beg to differ. I don't think he got on with Phillip Schofield and found himself being pushed out of This Morning, so he jumped first. GB News may not be 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 cup-of-tea, but there's no shortage of people who have that centre-right mindset. I'm a centrist myself, but can relate to some of it. The main problem is that the channel can be pretty dreary and they need someone like Eamonn to brighten things up a bit. Every 1's a winner, baby! 😁

Reactions: 7
I don't think GB was ever really Simon McCoy's thing, he didn't seem all that comfortable there and it wouldn't surprise me if he made the decision to leave at Christmas way back when Andrew Neil quit, I imagine AN is the one who enticed him in the first place. All of the other big names like Alastair Stewart & Colin Brazier have settled in better and I imagine Eamonn will as well.

Eamonn & Isabel Webster are a solid breakfast duo IMO. I guess Stephen Dixon then does Fri/Sat/Sun breakfast. I wonder where this leaves Kirsty Gallacher when she returns to full health, she said she'd be back.

Breakfast at least looks to be on the up, now they need to look at their daytime schedule. I like Patrick Christys a lot and think he could easily move up the ranks but I don't think Mercy is very good, she's opinionated and would work well as a panelist but I don't think she usually comes across particularly comfortable hosting live. Ditto Michelle Dewberry. Gloria & Liam are decent in their own 1 hour specialty slots but the 2-4pm timeslots are lacking.

Reactions: 6
I've been pleasantly surprised with Nigel Farage. I certainly don't agree with half of his opinions, but I like his brutally honest "publish and be damned" attitude! I'd prefer that to someone who just tells you what he thinks you want to hear.

1639181193494.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anne Diamond is a good addition, they don’t really seem to use her much at Jeremy Vine any more and I think it’s good that GB have an older female presenter in the roster.

Thumbs down for Headliners getting 7 nights a week, it’s sh*te. I don’t quite get comedians a lot of the time and GB use enough of them as it is. There’s nothing good on after 11pm. Sometimes the Dan and Mark shows were quite long with the full 3 hours but it was decent late night TV, especially with the dreadful Whale on TalkRadio making the radio a no go for me at that time of day.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that Anne Diamond and Eamomn Holmes are being liken to Hitler, over on the somewhat laughable excuse of a GB News thread on DS. By the likes of idiots such Banglaroad, Ads, Mr Oleo Pratt and Straker.

I have no doubt that Anne Diamond and Eamomn Holmes are being liken to Hitler, over on the somewhat laughable excuse of a GB News thread on DS. By the likes of idiots such Banglaroad, Ads, Mr Oleo Pratt and Straker.
Those bunch of tin-foiled, swivel-headed nut jobs really epitomise the absolute toxic cesspit that is DigitalSpy. Hopefully Hearst will see sense and shut that leftist woke hellhole in time. But I doubt it.

• Haha
Looking back at how GB faired in 2021, I think they launched too early in hindsight. The lineup is looking a lot better going into next year with bigger names and consummate professionals taking over the breakfast shows and a bigger mix of names in the daytime and evenings. Maybe losing Andrew Neil was a blessing as it enabled them to go in another direction?

Hope they have a good 2022! 🥂

Looking back at how GB faired in 2021, I think they launched too early in hindsight. The lineup is looking a lot better going into next year with bigger names and consummate professionals taking over the breakfast shows and a bigger mix of names in the daytime and evenings. Maybe losing Andrew Neil was a blessing as it enabled them to go in another direction?

I get why people would think they launched too early, but for me, I think they spent so much money on the big names out front that they had little or no money to get the technical part right or employ good technicians etc. With the departure of Neil, Gallagher and McCoy, and the savings they make from these, they 'may' steady the ship.

Reactions: 2

Who knows?

Although in 2022 they will get stiff competition from Talk(Radio)TV, with the likes of Piers Morgan presenting.

Reactions: 1
TalkTV haven't released much info since announcing Piers. I wonder if they'll simulcast some of talkRADIO, particularly the slots with recognisable names like Rob Rinder, Jeremy Kyle & Trisha. I imagine the things like Plank of the Week will also be televised but that's not new. They need to bring something fresh beyond just Piers. I know they've been trialing a couple of other pilot shows. I know that GB News regular Abi Roberts was asked to be involved but declined because they asked for her to do a COVID test.

I wonder if TR/TV & GB will share any presenters - obviously not the big names but the likes of Tonia Buxton & Calvin Robinson maybe?

Reactions: 1
TalkTV haven't released much info since announcing Piers. I wonder if they'll simulcast some of talkRADIO, particularly the slots with recognisable names like Rob Rinder, Jeremy Kyle & Trisha. I imagine the things like Plank of the Week will also be televised but that's not new. They need to bring something fresh beyond just Piers. I know they've been trialing a couple of other pilot shows. I know that GB News regular Abi Roberts was asked to be involved but declined because they asked for her to do a COVID test.

I wonder if TR/TV & GB will share any presenters - obviously not the big names but the likes of Tonia Buxton & Calvin Robinson maybe?
They're welcome to Calvin Robinson, he bores me to tears! 😩

Wasn’t it Eamonn’s first day today. Anyone see it?
I don't blame Eamonn Holmes for jumping ship, ITV have treated him and Ruth rather badly. Two of their most popular daytime presenters sidelined and relegated in the name of 'diversity'. Why did ITV not cut down on the smug Philip Schofield instead, to fit in Alison Hammond?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.