GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the 'only our opinions can be heard' idiots in society succeed in bringing down GB News, then what will be next? The Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph and The Times? Any political party to the right of Labour banned?

People need to be careful, as I certainly do not wish to live in a left wing dictatorship, whereby freedom of speech is banned, unless it is the 'right kind of' free speech.

Reactions: 3
If the 'only our opinions can be heard' idiots in society succeed in bringing down GB News, then what will be next? The Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph and The Times? Any political party to the right of Labour banned?

People need to be careful, as I certainly do not wish to live in a left wing dictatorship, whereby freedom of speech is banned, unless it is the 'right kind of' free speech.

I work with someone who is scarily left wing sometimes i wonder if they believe what they post/say or they think that is the right thing so just spout it anyway.

What will bring down GB news is the idiots who scream about freedom of speech one minute and then cry and call for the sacking of presenters who exercise that right in a way they disagree with.

Reactions: 2
Haha, they are poaching all of TalkRadio's talent wtf.
I feel that TR may be toast now - Patrick was the last of the really good weekend presenters and also would have been a long term asset to the weekdays. If Mike or Julia leave then it will be done.

I feel that TR may be toast now - Patrick was the last of the really good weekend presenters and also would have been a long term asset to the weekdays. If Mike or Julia leave then it will be done.
The only one left I could see leaving is Julia. Where would they even fit in extra presenters on GB news though? I don't listen to GB news much tbh. I just see they are hiring a bunch of presenters.

The only one left I could see leaving is Julia. Where would they even fit in extra presenters on GB news though? I don't listen to GB news much tbh. I just see they are hiring a bunch of presenters.
They're beginning to switch shows/presenters up and might be wanting more broadcasting on weekends than currently where about half of it is repeats. The situations with Andrew & Alastair both being off for several weeks might have also made them want a few more presenters on the roster so they don't have to use Harwood or a regional reporter to fill in.

I can see Julia making the move to GB, I think her style would probably work. Mike is obviously popular and I think TR would be toast if he left since he's basically the face of the station but I personally can't see GB hiring him, nor Kevin O'Sullivan (who I also enjoy). Trouble is that TR can't run on two presenters, they really need to do something.

Last edited:
They're beginning to switch shows/presenters up and might be wanting more broadcasting on weekends than currently where about half of it is repeats. The situations with Andrew & Alastair both being off for several weeks might have also made them want a few more presenters on the roster so they don't have to use Harwood or a regional reporter to fill in.

I can see Julia making the move to GB, I think her style would probably work. Mike is obviously popular and I think TR would be toast if he left since he's basically the face of the station but I personally can't see GB hiring him, nor Kevin O'Sullivan (who I also enjoy). Trouble is that TR can't run on two presenters, they really need to do something.
James Whale noted tonight at the end of his show that they are on tomorrow and said the reason is they've run of out of people haha. I wonder who TalkRadio will hire to replace Patrick.

Reactions: 1
James Whale noted tonight at the end of his show that they are on tomorrow and said the reason is they've run of out of people haha. I wonder who TalkRadio will hire to replace Patrick.
Mike Graham is off for a long weekend (birthday) which is why Whale is doing an extra day. Probably true that they have actually ran out of people to cover at least! :LOL:

Rumours are that Jeremy Kyle is replacing Patrick on drive soon. Rob Rinder was also mentioned and I've noticed that he is filling in on drive from Wed-Fri next week so maybe he's involved in some capacity as well. They haven't yet replaced Patrick on weekends though, it's been a mix of James Max and James Whale doing an extra day or their political correspondent Peter Cardwell. I know that Shaun Bailey has recently done some presenting for them, could they maybe get him for a Sat or Sun morning show? If worst comes to worst, I'd say they'll move Nick de Bois to mid-mornings and put in another fill in segment during the weekend evening slot. Or they could bring Mike Parry back!

I think the main question for TR and GB now is whether they can co-exist given the fact that there aren't a whole lot of centre right voices to use and there is only so much audience for constant political shows on either.

^^

Jeremy Kyle has been somewhat of a recluse since he was thrown under the bus by ITV. Even his 'Kyle Files' and afternoon medical series were taken off air.

ITV were happy for 'The Jeremy Kyle Show' to run, when it suited them and when there were few bumps in the road, concerning the show. If it wasn't for the controversies, I suspect it would still be running to this very day.

Hasn't Jeremy Kyle been on TR before?

Reactions: 3
Apparently Becca Hutson is a panelist on Mark's show tonight. Is it just me or is she overexposed on the channel? She seems to be everywhere.

Does anyone have a sub to give the jist of it?

I wonder if the ratings are so low and one person with a tracking thing accounts for something like 15'000 people? Would be interested to see it against sky and BBC news.

I don't think farrages followers really care what he has to say anymore.

I'd love to see their financials spreadsheet with the burn rate 😆
Video report from 23rd July on GB News' ratings compared with those of Sky News and BBC News channels.

Another one here from 30th July:

^^

Jeremy Kyle has been somewhat of a recluse since he was thrown under the bus by ITV. Even his 'Kyle Files' and afternoon medical series were taken off air.

ITV were happy for 'The Jeremy Kyle Show' to run, when it suited them and when there were few bumps in the road, concerning the show. If it wasn't for the controversies, I suspect it would still be running to this very day.

Hasn't Jeremy Kyle been on TR before?
To be fair he had been on dodgy ground for a long time, it was only a matter of time until there was a crisis with the show.
I'm concerned about Neil Oliver's stance on COVID but I hear his concerns clearly. My big objection is that he is not a statistician, and epidemiologist or have any real qualifications from which to spout his opinions. He needs to stick to history and the coast stuff where he does have expertise and qualifications.

Alex Phillips has confirmed her new show is starting from Monday - now a 2 hour solo slot. Good for her, I'd say it's a promotion to get her own show:

Seems like that means that De Piero & Halligan get 4 hours, maybe a bit too much? I wonder if that is temporary and they may bring someone else in to fill one of the other hours at some point (could Colin Brazier take one of those hours if Andrew comes back, now that he's out of his 9am slot?)

I'm kinda glad that the double acts are beginning to be split, I wasn't a huge fan of that or the 3 hour shows. I think that with the exception of the breakfast and maybe the Tonight Live shows, they should stick to 2 hour slots. That could also make space for more presenters to join, would still like for the likes of Eamonn Holmes & Julia Hartley-Brewer to join the lineup. I keep seeing the rumours about Piers Morgan, I go back and forth on whether or not having him would be a good idea but he would give them a ratings boost.

Yel

This new 9am show is already a total car crash with the new presenter close to making the guest close his laptop over GPs working during covid 😆

I hear Sainsbury's have said they won't advertise on the station anymore due to NF, puts me off that shop if they react to a minority of people on twitter. Talk radio is a similar tone and when NF was on lbc they didn't take the same stance. Far right people are annoyed that it doesn't cater to them.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Yeah he arrived with an attitude and agenda, arms folded defensively and dishing out the insults "I don't know where you learnt journalism".

Although the new guy if he was better would have been able to handle it better other than laughing and moving on

That guest seemed horrendously rude but definitely to be expected when a total deluded NHS lover that cannot see it's faults. At least Patrick tried not to give him an easy ride.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.