GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she played them to get her fee and not have to do the show while gaining support with the anti people in Australia.

Although I'm more suprised she's a VIP celeb in Australia.

Reactions: 1
I feel like she played them to get her fee and not have to do the show while gaining support with the anti people in Australia.

Although I'm more suprised she's a VIP celeb in Australia.
Oh they're really going bottom of the barrel for this new Big Brother series here. 'VIP' feels very much the wrong word (and Hopkins is not well-known here at all). It's just Celeb Big Brother by another name (and with similarly z-list talent). The series is sure to be a disaster.

I think signing Farage is a mistake. He would make people think the worse about the station.
It’ll depend. I did enjoy his 6pm radio slot- I think it'll do quite well actually, at least with Farage he does like a good argument, and it’s good to see him engaging with the public. I’d hate to be the producer doing the vetting though, a fair few comedians are going to try and break through the GB barriers. I just hope it doesn’t become an echo chamber,

I do think Simon McCoy will be better in the morning slot. Not to fussed about Colin Brazier, and Alistair Stewart has had a bit of lucky break pardon the pun 😂

I wouldn’t write the show off yet, there needs to be big changes but i still think it could succeed.

Reactions: 3
Moving Simon to breakfast is probably a good idea. It's on before 9am so I haven't yet had the opportunity to watch the full show but breakfast is the most important show for a TV/radio station and they need a well known name to anchor it. At the moment, they have Kirsty Gallacher as the most well known name and then there are tons of journalists that not many people have heard of, some of whom don't seem to fit the general format. Simon has the gravitas to do it justice.

Rumour has it that Mark Dolan from TalkRadio is joining GB News, I'm guessing he would be taking Guto's slot or maybe joining Alex Phillips for afternoons if Simon is on breakfast?

Dolan joining sounds about right as he's one of the worst on talk radio 😆. They really do need a big name and that isn't it.

Dolan joining sounds about right as he's one of the worst on talk radio 😆. They really do need a big name and that isn't it.
I could see his style working better on TV but I never thought he was the right fit for a drivetime show at TR. Breakfast & drive are the most important and it needs someone firmer, he was just a bit too overexcitable and didn't have the right level of gravitas to do political interviews, Julia and Mike Graham can both slaughter politicians in their interviews if needed.

Confirmed that Mark Dolan is joining - he'll be taking over the Tonight Live show at weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun), Wootton continues Mon - Thu and Nana Akua is getting a weekend afternoon show. I reckon Mark's style will be good for this slot.

Farage has also said that he will continue his Sunday show.

Farage heads over LIVE to a protest near Downing St & Tom Harwood reporting, is harangued by some crazy tattooed lady..."you f***ing wan***....scum...wan***"
She looked out of her head
TV gold

• Wow
Does anyone have a sub to give the jist of it?

I wonder if the ratings are so low and one person with a tracking thing accounts for something like 15'000 people? Would be interested to see it against sky and BBC news.

I don't think farrages followers really care what he has to say anymore.

I'd love to see their financials spreadsheet with the burn rate 😆

I wonder if the ratings are so low and one person with a tracking thing accounts for something like 15'000 people? Would be interested to see it against sky and BBC news.

I don't think farrages followers really care what he has to say anymore.

I'd love to see their financials spreadsheet with the burn rate 😆
hubby gets it, I’ll see if I can find the latest edition.

Sherrie hewson is on via webcam with makeup like a drag queen, you don't get this on sky 😆

Those BARB boxes? One box is supposed to represent 5,000 people but I don’t think they’re very accurate tbh. Neighbours final episode aired on BBC1 on Friday and then started on Channel 5 on Monday, as it would have done if it stayed on BBC1 but it had a drop of 300,000 viewers meaning 60 households that usually watched Neighbours decided not to watch it on Channel 5 🤔 And considering it’s a weekday daily soap and there was no break, I found that strange. I’ve long thought people just religiously leave them on BBC channels as default. I have been trying to find out what show BBC1 replaced in its slot and what figures it got to compare (geek 🤓) but it was back in 2008 so I’ve got some more digging to do yet

• Heart
Those BARB boxes? One box is supposed to represent 5,000 people but I don’t think they’re very accurate tbh. Neighbours final episode aired on BBC1 on Friday and then started on Channel 5 on Monday, as it would have done if it stayed on BBC1 but it had a drop of 300,000 viewers meaning 60 households that usually watched Neighbours decided not to watch it on Channel 5 🤔 And considering it’s a weekday daily soap and there was no break, I found that strange. I’ve long thought people just religiously leave them on BBC channels as default. I have been trying to find out what show BBC1 replaced in its slot and what figures it got to compare (geek 🤓) but it was back in 2008 so I’ve got some more digging to do yet
I am sad enough to have looked this up :oops: in February 2008, the beeb showed 'Diagnosis Murder' in the old Neighbours slot, for a while. 2.15 - 3pm then a news bulletin at 3pm.

• Heart
I am sad enough to have looked this up :oops: in February 2008, the beeb showed 'Diagnosis Murder' in the old Neighbours slot, for a while. 2.15 - 3pm then a news bulletin at 3pm.
This is useful because they used to show DM *after* Neighbours when they had it, so I’m now going to do some research and try and find out if its viewer ratings jumped up to what Neighbours used to get (I honestly don’t do these things for the fun of it, but when I get an idea in my head it’s hard to let go lol).

Lol I do love this level of detail! I've always thought those figures weren't that accurate. Surely a certain kind of person agrees to push a tracking button every time they watch telly just in exchange for a free license fee?

I'm surprised all these smart TVs aren't reporting back info or online accurate data used.

Talk radio seems to get thousands of views for it's main shows just on youtube live stream.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.