Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But it's undeniable that being obese is very unhealthy and hugely increases your risks of life limiting illness.

I didn't say skinny is healthy, I said obese is not healthy. That's a medical fact
there are plenty of people who are ‘obese’ but their internal organs are working well, they have great blood pressure, heart health and low cholesterol. Look at rugby players or precessional weight lifters for example? I spoke at length with my dietician about it.
At least James looked healthy, which is more than can be said for some of the others! Rob Brydon looked fairly haggard.

Reactions: 5
My understanding is that both James Corden and Ruth Jones wore fat suits to recreate their characters as they've both lost so much weight IRL. I actually thought Smithy still looked thinner than in the last series.

Reactions: 8
Well what did we all think?

I liked it! That ending though!! At least with the ending of the series you were left to make your own mind up whether or not Smithy & Nessa were an item and they were clearly happy with the situation either way..but this time we have Nessa left pouring her heart out and no closure🤯

Over 11 million viewers...surely they will make more? Please!!!
Crap! I am a fan but that episode felt very awkward and predicable. There was no spark, felt like they hadn’t spoken let alone see each other over the last 10 years. Reminded me of the Sex and the City movies- awkward

Reactions: 12
I loved it but then I had had a few drinks. I loved Pam and the towels...I actually did similar with my Grandma her 1970's towels were becoming an item of torture.
The mention of Doris was lovely and typical Ness pissed she never inherited the house 😂
The fishing trip...I really thought we were going to be told.
And the ending, Ness and Smithy....I really want there to be a wedding with an Indian takeaway for the Wedding reception at Mick and Pam's.

Reactions: 8
Crap! I am a fan but that episode felt very awkward and predicable. There was no spark, felt like they hadn’t spoken let alone see each other over the last 10 years. Reminded me of the Sex and the City movies- awkward
I didn’t love all of it I will admit. I think the Dawn & Pete part was a bit too cringe to be funny like they used to be. And the spliff bit in the living room just all felt a bit too try hard and not believable.

But there were other parts I got proper emotional at. Like Gavin & Staceys chat about being together for 10 years and keeping the spark and continuing to make memories, the mention of Doris and the relationship between Smithy and Nessa got me 😭 even before the ending I loved the way they were genuinely affectionate towards each other now.

Reactions: 5
I liked it. It felt a bit rushed and forced in places though and the chemistry between them wasn't quite the same.

The ending caught me completely by surprise though. I wish they'd made a little more of that plot line (unless it's the opener for season 4).

Only real criticism is that they didn't make more out of the kids. I thought they would have used them for some fresh new material. I was thinking more like the every day struggles with a family and kids. Outnumbered meets old Gavin and Stacey. But they didn't use them at all. The were dumped in bed with a baby sitter on Christmas eve and then just left in the back garden. I think that stopped it being the funny, relatable plot line I was expecting. They missed a trick there in my opinion

Reactions: 4
I agree. Ruth Jones had to find Stacey (Joanne) through social media. Weird. I thought it was just ok.

Reactions: 3
I agree. Ruth Jones had to find Stacey (Joanne) through social media. Weird. I thought it was just ok.
And I’ve read in different interviews with cast members that they ignored James Corden’s phone call because it was an American number that they didn’t recognise so he obviously hasn’t kept in touch either!

• Haha
Sheradan Smith (Rudi) and James dated before and I think it didn't end well which may be why she wasn't in it.

I am not in the UK so haven't seen it. But not sure I will watch it. All the clips I've seen looked a bit forced.

Reactions: 1
I actually loved it!
I don’t get the big fascination with the fact the characters have aged....it’s been ten years! Of course they have aged 😂😂
They had to fill in gaps as the fans wanted to know the story so far and with it being a special it was always going to be a squeeze to get those bits in but I thought they done it well. It had the humour of the 3 series and the jokes still as clever. I really hope it opens a door for a new series!!

Reactions: 23
Loved it. Really thought we were going to find out about what happened on the fishing trip though. Ha.

Wonder what happened to Dave Coaches??

For the first fifteen minutes, I wasn’t sure how I felt about the reboot. It seemed a bit forced and not very funny. But from then on I absolutely loved it. Nessa carol singing at the same house. Gavin and Stacey talking about the town and their relationship. Pam and her towels. The toast to Doris. And Smithy and Nessa - love their chemistry. I hope there is another Christmas special.

I enjoyed it, my only criticism of it was that they over forced some of the jokes and references to funny bits of the previous series and a few of the jokes didn’t land quite right as a result for me. But overall, I enjoyed it.

It was fine, but I'd of been just as happy with a repeat.

Something reassuring about seeing old characters but even though it ended on a cliffhanger I'm not particularly fussed about another episode. The entertainment industry is full of reboots and remakes as they'd rather something mediocre than risk money on something that could flop. I can't think of any new good British comedy's in the last few years.

Reactions: 2
Although in general I enjoyed the Christmas special, here’s was let it down for me-

- Nessa has lost her feistiness, I understand her sentimental side with the narrative within this particular show but it just didn’t seem like the REAL Ness!

- There was no explanation to where some of the main characters were! I absolutely loved the toast to Doris, it was perfect! Maybe for some balance I would of liked to of known where for example Rudy & Dave are now!

- there wasn’t one reference to an omelette, I would of loved for baby Neal to of been a fussy eater and only eats omelettes, considering it pretty much all his mum eat whilst pregnant, I think it would of tied the stories together!

- Sonia, I might be completely wrong here but I feel Sonia’s character seemed abit out of the blue! I would of loved to of seen perhaps Lucy as the gf, maybe they had rekindled their romance. I think it would of made Nessa’s proposal so much more of hard choice as he would of had 10 years history with both women!

Reactions: 11
Oh I loveit. The first ten minutes or so felt weird but then got straight back into it. Watched it the next day too and loved it even more. You can see that Ness loves Smithy through the episode when you know the ending.

I really think they have made/planned a forth series but they want the public begging so they can demand top dollar from the BBC to film another series.

I still love ‘oh my Christ Pam’ she makes it for me!

Reactions: 6
Oh I loveit. The first ten minutes or so felt weird but then got straight back into it. Watched it the next day too and loved it even more. You can see that Ness loves Smithy through the episode when you know the ending.

I really think they have made/planned a forth series but they want the public begging so they can demand top dollar from the BBC to film another series.

I still love ‘oh my Christ Pam’ she makes it for me!
Pam is, without a doubt, the best character 😂 just love her!

Reactions: 11
I loved the Sonia character...imagine being dropped into that a Christmas and wondering “WTF?” I think the actress did a great job of conveying it,

Reactions: 6
I loved Sonia character too. Think it summed up how every family has its own little quirks and weirdness that they find totally normal but to outsiders it’s like wtf

• Haha