Gaslighting

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you still giving this guy the time of day? You are worth more darling, any man that loves you isn't going to call you whilst drunk with friends verbally abusing you. You need to stop this now your pretty much like a door mat, he can basically do what he wants storm out and then you ring him and apologise so it's you that looks like the bad person. Dont let him treat you like this? Does he have a drug/alcohol problem?

Reactions: 3
Please tell me you’ve ended it? If not please tell him you’re finished and block his phone number and social media. His behaviour is pathetic. He senses your anxiety and unfortunately you’re a prime target for this type of person. Trust me, you will feel much happier when you’ve got rid of him.

Reactions: 5
Peaky- this is how my last relationship started. I left very recently with our 6 month old daughter, though we sadly share a house. He's still not taking any responsibility for his actions and he's telling me I've simply not tried to make it work and "if I loved the family I'd make it work"
Even having a near breakdown and telling him I'm leaving hasn't prompted him to be sorry for his actions. That's how abusers are.

Please leave. I know it's hard. I know it's even harder when you're made to feel like you're a horrible person and unlikable. But it won't get better. It'll get harder. Don't let it get to a point where you're living together with shared finances etc and/or the abuse gets worse.

Breaking up is so hard but within a few weeks you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel and you'll wonder why you ever let somebody make you so unhappy.

• Heart
My advice to anyone ending a relationship like these is block and delete them off everything. Delete their number, delete anyone off social media who will post pics with them, ask all the people in your life to refrain from telling you anything about the person eg I saw him out the other week. If anyone continues to mention him/her to you, take these people out of your life.

The elation and high you will feel when you finally heal and feel happy again is indescribable! Obviously it’s a long process to build yourself back up but you will get there in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Peaky- this is how my last relationship started. I left very recently with our 6 month old daughter, though we sadly share a house. He's still not taking any responsibility for his actions and he's telling me I've simply not tried to make it work and "if I loved the family I'd make it work"
Even having a near breakdown and telling him I'm leaving hasn't prompted him to be sorry for his actions. That's how abusers are.

Please leave. I know it's hard. I know it's even harder when you're made to feel like you're a horrible person and unlikable. But it won't get better. It'll get harder. Don't let it get to a point where you're living together with shared finances etc and/or the abuse gets worse.

Breaking up is so hard but within a few weeks you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel and you'll wonder why you ever let somebody make you so unhappy.
@Fishnips well done for leaving especially with a young baby.
I had exactly the same as you but unfortunately stayed till my son was 3 years old as I was that emotionally abused.
The longer you stay in a relationship like this the harder it gets to recover from as the bigger impact it has on your mental health.
The catalyst that made me see what was happening in my life was the physical abuse before that I took every insult and just bottled it all up. The day I admitted the truth is the day I realised how strong I was.

• Heart
Please remember it'll be ten times easier to leave him now than at any time in the future. Yes you may feel upset and hurt, but your future self will thank you. I promise that. Short term pain for long term gain. Please listen to what other posters are saying.

• Heart
Ooh yes definitely I know all about the jumpy anxious mess! Cant believe you went through it for 6 years how sad! I am glad you are out of that now and happy :love:

If your still asking for advice I take it your still with the guy? No more can be said to you! Now you have to make the decision and if you decide to stay then you know what lies ahead.

Reactions: 2
Yes guys i have ended it :)

Great advice from everyone and good to know I am not alone and there is nothing wrong with me haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Great advice from everyone and good to know I am not alone and there is nothing wrong with me haha.
Good. Please also block him to minimise any chance of him worming his way back into your life. People like this don’t like to be told no so he will be fuming that you have ended it. You will honestly be happier without him. Take care xx

Reactions: 7

Very proud of you for finding that strength! And I hope you enjoy your new life without that person leeching off your energy and emotion

• Heart
Thanks everyone! Was so hard but knew it had to be done! x
You're a strong woman. Don't let him try and suck you back in because I bet he will try to. He may promise he'll change but he won't. Please, if he does this, re-read this thread to remind yourself of what he's like. Don't fall for any of his charms, you are better off without him.

Now block him and have a big glass of wine to toast your future (if you drink that is!!)

• Heart
He did try to come back to me but i tried to stay strong. He told me he loved me in one of the messages and then a week and a half later he is on a date with/seeing someone else. Typical traits thought isnt it! Did set me back a bit but I know I need to be strong.

Anyone got any experiences of guys rebounding really quck?

He did try to come back to me but i tried to stay strong. He told me he loved me in one of the messages and then a week and a half later he is on a date with/seeing someone else. Typical traits thought isnt it! Did set me back a bit but I know I need to be strong.

Anyone got any experiences of guys rebounding really quck?
From my experience, and I know it's not all men, but I have noticed some men do try and 'move on' quickly, straight onto the next woman so to speak. The rebound relationship tends to crash though (..and then they come sniffing back around).

One of my ex boyfriends told me he loved me on the Saturday, dumped me on the Sunday, was with a new woman a few days after that. It's something I'll never really understand.
I don't have any advice, just stay strong and you'll get through it.

From my experience, and I know it's not all men, but I have noticed some men do try and 'move on' quickly, straight onto the next woman so to speak. The rebound relationship tends to crash though (..and then they come sniffing back around).

One of my ex boyfriends told me he loved me on the Saturday, dumped me on the Sunday, was with a new woman a few days after that. It's something I'll never really understand.
I don't have any advice, just stay strong and you'll get through it.
Yes this is what i thought - Like he was messaging me saying he loves me, misses me, Im his beautiful girl etc and then next thing i know a week and a half he is seeing someone else - I mentioned it and he said he had seen me liking guys pics on instagram and posting selfies of myself (which i always do anyway) so thats why he has gone out and dated someone else. So seems to me he did it out of spite but maybe he is happy cos as far as I know he is still dating her. Although I knew the relationship wasnt right it is still a massive kick in the teeth as I honestly didnt think he would move on so quickly. Deep down I dont think he is happy and I think he has done it to fill a void but who knows. Its just a kick in the teeth though isnt it.