Garrihy Sisters #6 Poetry from Mother Earth, the only woman to e're give birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she didn't afford that herself, between her stupid rte wage and her (presumably) rent free / low rent life the last few years there is zero hope for any young person in Ireland affording a house.
There already is zero hope for young people in Ireland, especially in Dublin. I don’t think anyone can begrudge a person from taking a handout from their parents with the way the market is at the moment, it would be impossible to buy otherwise.

Reactions: 5
There already is zero hope for young people in Ireland, especially in Dublin. I don’t think anyone can begrudge a person from taking a handout from their parents with the way the market is at the moment, it would be impossible to buy otherwise.
Agreed. And when you become a parent yourself, you want to look out for your kids as much as possible. You want your kids to be independent when the time comes but if we can help with that first step, of course the majority of parents would.

The dance with Bertie was so annoying.Don’t get me wrong, I’d be dancing with my dog too to celebrate but I wouldn’t be videoing it and sharing on the internet.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. And when you become a parent yourself, you want to look out for your kids as much as possible. You want your kids to be independent when the time comes but if we can help with that first step, of course the majority of parents would.

The dance with Bertie was so annoying.Don’t get me wrong, I’d be dancing with my dog too to celebrate but I wouldn’t be videoing it and sharing on the internet.

Well I think when this was being planned for, it was hardly the dog she wanted to be celebrating with

Reactions: 3
I definitely do not begrudge anyone for taking help from their parents, I'm just saying if she couldn't afford it by herself no young person has a hope!

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Well I think when this was being planned for, it was hardly the dog she wanted to be celebrating with
I hear what you’re saying and there may well be sadness/disappointment there but fair play to her buying on her own all the same. With or without parental help, that’s not easy. And it’s not just the mortgage, it’s the bills and responsibility by herself.

I’m just the last person who would video the happy dance with the dog for the wider audience. So I don’t really get it. Nice for Bertie to get a garden though 😄

I liked the dog vid. ..we see enough smug couple pics shaking their house keys. It's hard being single doing it. No matter what your background is.

Reactions: 21
This is off topic but on the topic of earnings and affording things alone, Joanne McNally must be a millionaire now after her run of shows. I was just listening to the latest podcast and they mentioned her having 3,000 seats per night in Belfast. That’s €78k for the night based on ticket price of €26 which seems to be the cost of her tickets. And 60 nights at vicar st, 1,050 seats, €1.6m from that venue alone. Anyway back to D1-3.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Eugene is an ex builder so I’m sure he is being enlisted to do the renovation. I’d say she stayed v close to home. Sure her rent in the apt is well over 2k a month on her own. She can more than afford to get a mortgage.

I found the dance distasteful when people are struggling to even find a place to rent notamind buy. A bit of humility, self-reflection and gratitude would have been more of an appropriate dance to do.

Reactions: 4
I found the dance distasteful when people are struggling to even find a place to rent notamind buy. A bit of humility, self-reflection and gratitude would have been more of an appropriate dance to do.
Personally I think it’s ok to celebrate a life milestone such as purchasing your own home (however it’s funded) even when times are tough out there. Is there no room for that anymore for fear of offending people.

Edit to say I mean the above in a general sense however I doubt D3 has ever struggled, owning her own home on her own at 30 in a housing crisis suggests not. Tell you it doesn’t make me feel any regret at not paying the tv licence knowing it’s at least partially funded by her tax payer funded salary in RTE.

Reactions: 24
This is off topic but on the topic of earnings and affording things alone, Joanne McNally must be a millionaire now after her run of shows. I was just listening to the latest podcast and they mentioned her having 3,000 seats per night in Belfast. That’s €78k for the night based on ticket price of €26 which seems to be the cost of her tickets. And 60 nights at vicar st, 1,050 seats, €1.6m from that venue alone. Anyway back to D1-3.
Not a chance, the venues don’t host for free, she’d be on a percentage is all.

Reactions: 9
Not a chance, the venues don’t host for free, she’d be on a percentage is all.
Really? I knew there’d be costs (tax deductible ones) but assumed she’d be taking the lion’s share still. Say she’s taking in €27k (1050 @€26) a night in vickars st, how much could the venue really be costing for one night. Sorry for OT, just curious and won’t go on and on about it.

Reactions: 1
Really? I knew there’d be costs (tax deductible ones) but assumed she’d be taking the lion’s share still. Say she’s taking in €27k (1050 @€26) a night in vickars st, how much could the venue really be costing for one night. Sorry for OT, just curious and won’t go on and on about it.
Always promoters who make the most. Similar to writers, it’s the publisher who cleans up compared to the artist, who in the entertainment industry is always last in line to get paid. But they do get bragging rights which cost nothing of course!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.