Garrihy Sisters #14 G1 is a bore, G2 is a snore, G3 gets all the freebies but still wants more.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WHAT this is the second season of this rubbish?? It worked for Mike Murphy in the 90s & naked camera in the 00s as it was new & hadn't been done before. At the time the cast of naked camera were unknown so easier to pull off, Mike Murphys disguises were great for their time(basic hat, glasses & moustache) & even his best pal Gay Byrne didn't recognise him at the time! A blind man could identify these lot. I'm no rugby fan, I'm not into DWTS & your man Karl off the top of my head is Instagram/Tiktok "famous" for his sketches but anyone would identify these as they're on the TV, RTE guide or any tabloid paper!! As others have said, paid actors or people being asked to participate and being thrown a few quid!
Mike Murphy was just brilliant at it and yeah he’d put something simple on like a hat or false teeth nothing too crazy but it worked! There was actual thought put into the stunts and the old prank calls he did on the radio were hilarious. My grandparents used to find him so funny, great entertainer. Really simple stuff but pulled off because he was talented. Naked camera (PJ) nailed it too! Only reason he had to stop is because he was recognised too much. Great memories 🥰
PJ had a female character on his that was really good. A comedian from Cork, Maeve I think!? She was brilliant 😂😂😂 where are all these people!?

To think Doiz and co are paid by RTE for this muck is an insult!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The thing is those sketches aren't even long. Within 2 mins they say you are on candid camera or whatever. Some of the better shows the sketches went on for a good long time as they were actually funny. That Gay Byrne Mike Murphy was hilarious. I also did the find that Jen Z one funny. Think I saw it on Tik Tok. There were trying to install a massive noisy water meter in someone's kitchen.

Reactions: 7
The thing is those sketches aren't even long. Within 2 mins they say you are on candid camera or whatever. Some of the better shows the sketches went on for a good long time as they were actually funny. That Gay Byrne Mike Murphy was hilarious. I also did the find that Jen Z one funny. Think I saw it on Tik Tok. There were trying to install a massive noisy water meter in someone's kitchen.

The clip with Jen Zamperelli is from 2013.

Cynical me things RTE went hammer and tongs at reviving it (it was already widely publicised when the clip with the woman pulling the knife went "viral") to drum up an interest in how absolutely "hilarious" hidden camera shows featuring the washed out faces of 2fm screechers can be.

Oh wait.

(Apologies for the mirror link)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That episode with the knife wielding woman was hilarious 😄 Jen was bloody brilliant on that show 👏
I think that particular skit very clearly creates two camps, those that find it hilarious, and those that find the idea of a woman reaching for a knife for someone purporting to be from the government just doing a job a fairly abhorrent thing to do and it created the clicks and views in 2013.

The Fear wasn't particularly funny, and that's 11 years ago now... they've really indulged G3 with her shows on the Player too. Its like, let's throw enough crap, some of it is bound to stick.

Reactions: 8
Mike Murphy was just brilliant at it and yeah he’d put something simple on like a hat or false teeth nothing too crazy but it worked! There was actual thought put into the stunts and the old prank calls he did on the radio were hilarious. My grandparents used to find him so funny, great entertainer. Really simple stuff but pulled off because he was talented. Naked camera (PJ) nailed it too! Only reason he had to stop is because he was recognised too much. Great memories 🥰
PJ had a female character on his that was really good. A comedian from Cork, Maeve I think!? She was brilliant 😂😂😂 where are all these people!?

To think Doiz and co are paid by RTE for this muck is an insult!
Mike Murphy played a prank on his own father and he didn’t recognise him. It was hilarious. True talent

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.