Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ploddertoo

VIP Member
I see in todays Indo that RTE stars will be unable to accept gifts over €100 including Car Ambassador, specifically named Dz in the article

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Is this one alright? I must have missed her footage from every picket line and demonstration around Ireland. Who is she to assume people don’t care about what’s going on?
How about this Ailbhe…how about ‘shame on you’ for grabbing every freebie you can. You’re not too upset about the Gaza situation to say ‘no I couldn’t possibly take free eyebrow treatments or weekends away’.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I still can’t believe they spent 11 days in the rain. That they didn’t say, after about 3 days and also looking at the forecast for the week ahead…feck this lets book a week in Lanzarote in the sun. Pay the flights, pay the accommodation. Fly from there. They preferred miserable weather over just putting their hands in their pockets and paying for flights and a hotel in the sun.
I can’t believe a young enough wealthy couple would be so tight. I mean I know the Garrihy’s are tight but that takes the biscuit.

Reactions: 36

Talcadidas

Chatty Member
I listened to him on the radio this morning and to be fair I thought he came across very well. Yes he is privileged but that’s not his fault and just shows it doesn’t really matter where you come from you can still fall down that addiction hole. nk her family has pushed her into this too soon.
Sorry when I say he reeks of privilege, I didn’t mean specifically that he simply came from money. I meant his attitude and choices reflect someone who can do what he wants, he gets offered opportunity after opportunity, he is able to do things and not worry about consequences. That’s part of the confidence of being a straight white man with a private education of course.

But for example he’s an addict blowing money on alcohol and coke, barely showing up or performing and work and his managers phone him to promote him. He hasn’t much of a career to speak of and bam, he’s got a book out and high profile journos and broadcasters offering him prime time slots to promote him.

Then he goes on about ‘I was born lonely cry cry cry’. I totally get that addition transcends social class but because of his social class and family support he has the means to recover and be supported financially to try jobs, quit jobs, make up new jobs. I just don’t think he realises how unrelatable his privilege makes him.

• Heart

Louber

Chatty Member
Absolutely. Really toxic but that generation don't get it. My mam is totally fat phobic, size 6 to 8 never stands still and thinks anyone even slightly overweight is just lazy, must have a horrible diet. She would be quick to tell me "you're after getting heavy" I'm an 8 to a 10 and she describes me as broad or strong and "different" to her family who all have a really narrow frame.

My MIL has been very overweight in the past is now prob a 10 to 12. In the near 20yrs I've known her she has always been on a diet or talking about going on a diet, criticises her body always and uses the word fat all the time. Her daughter has the most disordered eating I've ever seen, never eats a meal. Looks awful, grey face and frail, hides her body in baggy clothes but it's basically an unspoken issue. For as long as I've known her, she fluctuates between looking fairly healthy and being grossly underweight. She picks at food all the time and craves sugar non stop. Her mother constantly giving out to her over not eating but can't seem to recognise the parallels in her own attitude to foods.

Claire sounds exactly like my experience with my mom and mother in law. They place huge value on appearance and probably view their daughter's appearance/weight as a measure of their success as a parent. Similar to their marital status and ability to reproduce. When my mom asks me about old school friends, top of her list is if they're married or have kids. I had my kids fairly young and she is like a broken record comparing me to others. "I met so and so's mother yesterday, imagine she's 2 years older than you and is still not married and has NO KIDS!!" Can imagine Claire being the same as, only comparing Doreen to her 2 sisters on the marriage and baby making timeline.

• Heart

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Compared to how she edits her photos, I'm sticking with chubby.
No she isn’t. The biggest difference with her edits is her face. Her figure is, and always has been slim. You’re a man aren’t you? I’ve seen you mention it elsewhere. Cop on to yourself calling a girl with f all weight on her to begin with “chubby” ffs. Where do you get off?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Where is ole Euge anyway speaking for Ireland with his Arabic version of Grazie. Has he not felt the need to churn out a new poem for us all in these troubled times? Maybe he’s trying to rhyme some words with Gaza & Palestine and it’s proving difficult. I’m sure Aoibhin is waiting in the wings to narrate it.
What a bunch of sanctimonious people. I have to laugh at the thought of Ailbhe with the dinner in the crock pot looking out the patio door at the workers putting in her free (oops sorry, discounted) garden and shed whilst thinking the rest of us should be ‘ashamed of ourselves’

• Heart
Reactions: 34

jazzbot

VIP Member
I’m really dumb founded at him being catapulted into fame since meeting her. I know it’s been joked about on here but it’s really ramped up since the engagement, there’s no denying it. I can’t keep count of his opportunities and award nominations. He was nobody a few months ago. How can Doireann not see through this?

Reactions: 33

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
Somebody on here compared her to Jen just a few weeks back. How she was much bigger. Put up a picture for full effect.
Which is vile behaviour tbh. As is calling her chubby above, the girl is a size 6 at best. Criticise her money-grabbing, #sponcon and shotgun wedding bullshit all you want, but putting her down about her looks is piss poor imo.

Theyre such assholes. Im sure loads of people who went last night were sooo excited and to me, the three stooges were taking the piss out of that. Theres so much going on in peoples lives and the world, dont try and piss all over a night of joy for some one by taking the piss out of their excitement!
Ya I felt it was a piss take too. Well with Dz and Korl anyway. They didn’t even pay for their tickets and sat shrieking around everyone who did and genuinely wanted to be there. Twats. That radio show is beyond dire. I’m beginning to think Donncha could actually do it on his own, they completely take the piss out of him when he tries to discuss the upcoming rugby. As long as I live I’ll never understand how Korl Mullen landed himself where he is with zero comedic talent. He’s another one benefiting from all the Instagram freebies too, doesn’t he also have a free car and house stuff and holidays.

Imagine being able to afford to go anywhere in the world with your new fiancé, madly in love. The world is your oyster, money is no object, no kids that you need help to look after.
And you take a Ryanair flight a couple of hours to shack up with your parents at their holiday home.

• Haha
  • Sad

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I'm not being smart but is there something up with Donnacha? Does he always pretend to be an absolute over excited hyper eegit or is that legit his personality.
I always think hes the perfect case study on the long term impacts of the physicality of rugby

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
Is this one alright? I must have missed her footage from every picket line and demonstration around Ireland. Who is she to assume people don’t care about what’s going on?
How about this Ailbhe…how about ‘shame on you’ for grabbing every freebie you can. You’re not too upset about the Gaza situation to say ‘no I couldn’t possibly take free eyebrow treatments or weekends away’.
Do fuck off Ailbhe you freeloading waster

• Heart
Reactions: 32

MuffinTop411

I was only half listening during DWTS, but did Clare say to someone that she gave Doireann “the best legs in the business”
Fairly cringing at that

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31