Gabriella Lindley #70 Little Miss Bitter Butter B****

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh Gabby being genuinely depressed is the one thing I would actually believe she does have. I also believe her when she says she has anxiety/agoraphobia. The problem I have with her is that she still continues to post stuff like 'I'm happier than I have ever been' which increases the stigma that mental health isn't the same as physical health and that you have to hide it and pretend you're okay and sew sew happy.

Reactions: 43
Tbh Gabby being genuinely depressed is the one thing I would actually believe she does have. I also believe her when she says she has anxiety/agoraphobia. The problem I have with her is that she still continues to post stuff like 'I'm happier than I have ever been' which increases the stigma that mental health isn't the same as physical health and that you have to hide it and pretend you're okay and sew sew happy.
Yeah, it wouldn’t be surprising at all and I hope if it is the case she can work through it.

And agreed! She doesn’t have to go into detail if she doesn’t want to, but dropping the sew sew happy and being upfront about not feeling her best would be better for everyone, she’d be under less pressure to keep up an act and her followers would be able to relate and understand.

‘Be yourself’ etc also includes the bad times, and that’s absolutely fine Gab.

Reactions: 7
I don’t understand how it’s not become apparent to her yet that both her and her life would improve in so many ways if she just went to bleeping therapy

Reactions: 13
From my own experience, my mental health wasn't amazing before Covid/lockdown but being furloughed and going into isolation alone was so so hard for me. It was almost like I had all this time on the world to look at my life, things I'd suppressed. But also I became more and more fearful about going out in public and being around others.
When things started to go back to normal in 2021, I felt so weird and alien! I was sooo anxious and depressed but putting pressure on myself to "be fine" or at least appear that way.
I finally reached out for help and went private because I knew I couldn't wait for my GP for support and I could afford to do so. I started going to therapy every week from October 2021 and recently moved to bimonthly because of all the progress I've made.
I'm still on my journey but by holding my hands up and saying "actually, I'm not okay" I was able to get the help I needed. It wasn't the therapy alone, I made a lot of lifestyle changes like signing up to hellofresh for healthier meal options that I could make which reduced the stress around trying to cook while depressed, I cut out caffeine and alcohol, I started getting more fresh air and sunlight, going for walks, consciously consuming media (limited social media, cutting out crime and thriller podcasts/movies that made me more anxious etc) and then actively working on my "homework" from my therapist.

Gabby and I are the same age with a few similarities which is what had drawn me to her in the first place but now she's more of a reality check for me as "what not to do"! I really genuinely hope she gets the help she needs and starts living more authentically.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Right?! What a sorry existence
It is, but I think she's comfortable or at least, so defensive that she doesn't need a social life that she's made herself believe she's comfortable.

She went to therapy and didn't like it, and I still maintain it's because the therapist actually questioned her and made her do some work. Therapy is hard and if you can't be arsed to change, it's pointless.

Reactions: 20
i think the main problem is the way therapy is perceived in media etc. people think it’s a time for you to rant and have someone just listen and approve of your way of thinking and emotions, but therapy is quite the opposite in getting you to actively change the way you think about/ do things. but gabby seems to think anyone giving advice or suggesting ways to change is a personal attack lol

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think that in her head she would go once, say she definitely has depression/ADHD and get a prescription for happy pills for the rest of her life

Reactions: 15
Doesn't she already take antidepressants or did I make that up
Well she’s said she has in the past, but she’s terrible at taking the supplements she needs because of her WLS, and she doesn’t give a tit about what she puts in her body food wise, so who knows?
Gabbie enjoys her victimhood too much and is too averse to perceived criticism and hard word to take her mental health seriously. If she got better she wouldn’t be able to take advantage of Jane as much.
Didn’t she post a story of herself attached to a drip? I didn’t see it, but if that’s the case, and she hasn’t been seen since, I can only imagine that she’s had some kind of WL or cosmetic surgery and she’s hiding the fact.
I don’t doubt that she’s probably depressed and suffers from anxiety, but I don’t feel sorry for her.

Reactions: 9
I agree Gabby doesn't want to really get better in any meaningful sense, not least because therapy would make her confront the problems SHE has and not the problems she thinks other people have/the way she thinks they treat her etc. She also genuinely has some deep seated belief that being 'ill', whether physically or mentally, is how she gets attention. She will never stop wanting to be a victim for that reason. There's really nothing else 'interesting' about her and maybe she knows that tbh? Rather than fade into obscurity she’s tried to make her ‘brand’ just being unwell all the time. I mean let’s face it tbh if she wasn’t constantly ill and disappearing, this thread would be literally dead

Reactions: 21
The thing is, my psychologist explained this to me years ago when I first went in to see him.. I asked in tears at one point if he could just give me some tablets to “fix me” and he laughed and said no, that isn’t how it works. I’m so grateful he didn’t! He made me put in the hard work, helped me make strategies, helped me understand why I was having panic attacks, feeling stressed etc. Years down the line, I now take low dose anti-depressants BUT, I still have to keep up with the strategies and work on changing the way I think and put in the work to get myself up and moving on my bad days. I find the antidepressants just take the “edge” off enough for me to put into place effective strategies I was given at the psychologist and help me realise when I’m not functioning at my best and Challenge me to think about why. I don’t know if this the same for most people, as I know obviously some people struggle even more.. but I think she expects that medication is just a cure all. It aint! It’s HARD work, every day.. some more than others, but if you practice, it gets a little easier as time goes by

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just look at what she did after her surgeries. The disregard for the aftercare and not making any changes with her lifestyle is what she does with her own physical as well as mental health. She just expects to have all these surgeries, take medication and it will all fix itself.

The real reason why she doesn't want to seek help for her mental health is that she is afraid to face the music. She's still in that victim mentality that everyone is out to get her, everything that went wrong is other people's fault. True, she didn't have the best childhood. The nastiness her dad spews when he had Twitter must be hard to grow up in. But she's been out of his grasp since she became an adult. Also, as the years go by, she becomes more and more like him. She can't see it and I doubt she ever will unless she goes to therapy and end that cycle.

It's time to take steps to better herself. She has the time and money to do so but yeah, she's too comfy and cowardly to take some responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
do you think she's done something to her face? it's unusual she hasn't shown her face at all the last week, assuming the skin & me ad was pre-filmed

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.