Gabriella Lindley #13 eat what I like and deal with the pain, that's right I'm insane

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also light pink on top of a weird green/grey? WHO on earth would think that’s a good idea 😖
I mean she thought her hot pink couch would go with green walls, I don't think she has a strong sense of colour

Reactions: 12
Can I just say as someone who cut off a parent due to abuse - it is really unusual for someone so new to an estrangement to be talking about it publicly. In my experience it's not something you want to dicuss because it's A) extremely painful and B) we don't want to disclose what happened. It has been years for me and I won't bring it up with anyone, far less babble on about not having someone to walk me down the aisle. It has been two weeks or so since she saw him last? It had been thee years for me and I still find it extremely painful to talk about it - most people are actually wracked by guilt despite legitimate reasons to go no-contact.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It's so disrespectful tbh to stir tit about your dad if you've cut off from them. I don't at all think her dad is a good person, mine isn't either, but I cut him out after years of toxicity and I wouldn't dream of sharing any of that information or even doing passive aggressive comments. It's such a complicated thing with complicated emotions, both love and hate, and personally you've got to be mature about it even if you want to let rip. I do wonder if she is just a bit annoyed with him, like everyone else has said. It's similar to a "I hate you" mentality teens have when they don't get their way.
I'd even suggest she gets an actual interior decorating job but her designs are quite naff! Why doesn't she build it up with doing painting for people or working with decorators, maybe not as the brains behind the operation but at least she'll catch on to what works in interior design.

Can I just say as someone who cut off a parent due to abuse - it is really unusual for someone so new to an estrangement to be talking about it publicly. In my experience it's not something you want to dicuss because it's A) extremely painful and B) we don't want to disclose what happened. It has been years for me and I won't bring it up with anyone, far less babble on about not having someone to walk me down the aisle. It has been two weeks or so since she saw him last? It had been thee years for me and I still find it extremely painful to talk about it - most people are actually wracked by guilt despite legitimate reasons to go no-contact.
I hope you're doing okay and she hasn't affected you with her behaviour about her 'toxic' situation!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She'll be back on good terms with her dad once the lockdown eases further and he can finally wall mount her TV for her :rolleyes:

Reactions: 34
Gabby’s relationship with her Dad is such “I hate you! Don’t leave me!” Behaviour.
Genuinely think she thinks by wanging on about how toxic he is and how she won’t have someone to walk her down the aisle etc etc he’ll reach out and do anything he can to make amends. It’s performative for attention from him.

Sad fact is, they’re way too similar for that. The only way they will make amends is if she stops the subtweeting bullshit and sits down with him to talk properly. Which she will never do, because she’s a victim.

Reactions: 10
Could someone explain what her issues are with her father if she has spoken about them in the past?

Obviously I feel bad for her if he is bad enough for her to cut him out of her life, but I can imagine that he doesn’t put up with Gabby’s tit and probably encourages Jane not to do so much for her, and Gabby seeing that as ‘toxic’.

Reactions: 3
I’ve literally never met anyone who has painted or moved things around their apartment as much as Gabby, she acts like a mad scientist looking for any reason to begin a new experiment. Girl please get a hobby, no one even comes to your house anyway

Reactions: 25
Totally second this, although I'm sorry you had to, and still have to go through it. I can't even here the word 'dad' without feeling guilt and recoiling at the thought of the questions and phrases that will follow - 'why aren't you in contact with him? At the end of the day, he's still your dad.' For her to be so blasé about it on social media just makes me wonder what her mental state is really like.

Reactions: 11
I thought maybe a mirror the same shape, but I think you're right. She follows Brookestyless on insta and the pink/yellow would match the cat litter storage/homework pigeonholes.
Maybe she saw us bitching about her locker cabinet and how it was so out of place so thought she'd get some more school furniture lmaoo

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Could someone explain what her issues are with her father if she has spoken about them in the past?

Obviously I feel bad for her if he is bad enough for her to cut him out of her life, but I can imagine that he doesn’t put up with Gabby’s tit and probably encourages Jane not to do so much for her, and Gabby seeing that as ‘toxic’.
she’s never really said tbh. She’s hinted at stuff like he made her feel tit growing up or something but she’s never said like a specific reason. It’s a strange set up with him being gay but living with the family all these years later. They really are an odd bunch. Why would Jane want to live with her gay ex husband for all these years??

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.