Gabby Petito

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If his parents don’t get arrested after all this there is something very bleeping wrong with the justice system.

Reactions: 19
Why do I keep thinking what if his parents planted the notebook there? Because it just seems too suspicious

Reactions: 15
I’ve just read on Twitter that it’s confirmed that his parents FOUND the items and informed the police.
The police attended the scene and found body parts.
Come on. How can the police search for a month then the parents turn up and find his stuff within a day? They have to have planted it OR knew where he was all along.

Reactions: 30
I dont think they planted it but I do get the feeling that contact stopped recently through the burner phone and they knew where he was. Just too much of a coincidence that as soon as they join immediately they go to the right place.

Also they said it was a dry bag they found so could have contained a note book...but it wont contain the burner phone I bet. the parents needed to get out to the items before police to remove it, I'd put money on it.

I can't believe with FBI following them not long ago they were allowed to go into the park alone and tamper with or remove evidence

Reactions: 21
So Chris Laundrie wanders into the scrub on his own in this clip. Then it cuts to him holding the white bag with his bare hands and conferring with Roberta, then they walk away with the bag. All with no LE in camera shot, but the reporter following says they carried what they found for about 20-30 minutes.

It all seems so casual, surely any finds shouldn't have been moved or even touched?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So Chris Laundrie wanders into the scrub on his own in this clip. Then it cuts to him holding the white bag with his bare hands and conferring with Roberta, then they walk away with the bag. All with no LE in camera shot, but the reporter following says they carried what they found for about 20-30 minutes.

It all seems so casual, surely any finds shouldn't have been moved or even touched?

I read in a Daily Mail article this morning that the father found the notebook and didn’t want to touch it without LE present - they were in another part of the woods. A reporter allegedly had the father on camera near the notebook but not touching it, the inference being that they found it together and the discovery is recorded on film. I’ll have to reread the article to see how explicit that detail is. The father was then said to have picked up the notebook as he didn’t want to leave it in the presence of a reporter. So fishy!!

Edited to add the article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-acre-nature-reserve.html?ito=rss-minutemedia

Reactions: 3
It makes no sense to me that during a search costing literally millions, the parents weren't closely accompanied by authorities every step of the way, unless that was some sort of tactic by the FBI, maybe?

Also I should add I'm sceptical about how that video I linked was cut, just because Chris Laundrie wandered off the track at that point, doesn't mean that's where anything was found.

Reactions: 13
Why would they get arrested?
I mean, pick out of the many reasons? They wouldn't even be in the position they are now if they hadn't helped their murderous son escape in the first place. But now we are supposed to believe after a month of searching, the first day the parents go alone they manage to uncover his belongings which then leads to his potential remains? You still don't think they are wrong'uns?

Reactions: 13
I mean, pick out of the many reasons? They wouldn't even be in the position they are now if they hadn't helped their murderous son escape in the first place. But now we are supposed to believe after a month of searching, the first day the parents go alone they manage to uncover his belongings which then leads to his potential remains? You still don't think they are wrong'uns?
I don't think that the police can arrest someone because they behave in suspicious ways.

For perverting the course of justice at least.
Is there any evidence that this is what they did? If not, then the police can probably not get an arrest warrant

Reactions: 6
Given that it's a massive news story with worldwide reach, and press have been camped out 24/7 for weeks to monitor developments, I'm amazed that there only appeared to be one reporter around when the parents were in the (at the time, publicly open) reserve.

Yes, you can't arrest someone for being shady af, but I (perhaps naively) believe that if anyone IS guilty of other crimes besides the murder itself, it'll take a while for the full case to be built to make sure it's rock solid. I like to think the FBI knows what it's doing with regard to timings, etc., but I'm not really a follower of crime cases so others probably have a better idea.

Reactions: 4
I really hope it's not his body they have found as I want Gabby's family to get some answers and justice!
His parents are super suspish!

Reactions: 9
This may just be me, and it's an awful thing to think about but if anyone from my family were - god fobid - murdered, I honestly think I would find more peace in the murderer being dead than locked up with the possibility of being released someday, even if it meant some questions were never answered. Purely speaking for myself and I totally respect that others would prefer it to be handled by the justice system.

Reactions: 15
This may just be me, and it's an awful thing to think about but if anyone from my family were - god fobid - murdered, I honestly think I would find more peace in the murderer being dead than locked up with the possibility of being released someday, even if it meant some questions were never answered. Purely speaking for myself and I totally respect that others would prefer it to be handled by the justice system.
Oh I totally get that! I'd just hope to have answers as to why my own loved one died before that person met their end

Edit - changed the word want to hope

Reactions: 5
Oh I totally get that! I'd just hope to have answers as to why my own loved one died before that person met their end
I understand that side too. Not sure I'd ever completely trust a murderer's version of events though. Gabby's poor family for having to process all these thoughts for real, and more :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is there any evidence that this is what they did? If not, then the police can probably not get an arrest warrant
I have no idea if there's any evidence. The cops have a huge task on there hands with this case so it's still early days with regards to arrests.

My comment was based on the rumour (this is a gossip forum) that they aided his escape, and if the rumour becomes truth, they should be done.

One thing is clear, the police aren't giving them a minutes peace.

Reactions: 3