Friends Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't wait for this, cried watching the trailer šŸ˜­ Hate James Corden so I feel like that's what it'll ruin it, plus as pp said, there's alot of pointless celebrities.

I grew up watching Friends and when it ended I got the Dvds for Christmas and I watched them back to back non stop for years. I'm that sad act that can name the episode from one line and pretty much know each episode word for word šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚. As much as I'd want new episodes, I don't think it'd work in today's world and is best kept as just the interview.

I can't bloody wait!

Reactions: 16
Omg I forgot about that show. I think I watched two episodes and was just like helll no this is terrible(n)
Does anyone know where I can watch Joey? Canā€™t seem to find it anywhere. Want to see if itā€™s as bad as itā€™s always said to be

Reactions: 2
I cant wait for this! Friends is still my go to show to make me smile when im feeling down, itll always hold a special place in my heart.
Im just thankful its a show looking back on the series and not another episode. No matter how hard they try they'd never be able to create the magic that was friends now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Honestly, I'm a big fan but this just doesn't interest me. I think its the celebs and cordon hosting. None of that's needed, I think id also have preferred an actual episode. But glad to know it's worth a watch.

Reactions: 7
Iā€™ve watched this morning and itā€™s everything I thought it would be and morešŸ„°šŸ„° anyone else!?
Yes I watched it on Sky One this morning and really enjoyed it. The guest stars, who a lot of people were dreading (the ones with no prior connection with the show) were inserted into the show really well. Matthew P though is clearly not well. A guy on This Morning said that Matthew had dental surgery not long before filming which may explain, for me, how his mouth didnā€™t seem right and was less talkative than the others and slightly slurry when he did speak.

My favourite parts were:

the re-enactment of the girls/boys quiz
Lady Gaga singing Smelly Cat with Lisa
Them sat round the table re-reading some of the scripts
Them walking around the sets
The revelation that Jennifer & David had a crush on each other but suppressed it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Friends is a bit of an obsession of mine so I was nervous and excited about this. Plus points i loved seeing them visiting the set again and how emotional they were just to be in each otherā€™s company. I also enjoyed hearing from Bright/ Kauffman/ Crane and their insights. I didnā€™t like all the added filler from other ā€œstarsā€ it doesnā€™t need anyone else bar the cast for me, they tried to Hollywood it up but IMO it didnā€™t need it. I wanted to hear more from Matthew Perry he didnā€™t look at all comfortable being there, but I appreciate him doing it as there would have been no point of one of them wasnā€™t there. I was a bit floored by the Ross and Rachel real life news I wonā€™t spoil it, but didnā€™t see that at all! Overall Iā€™m happy we got to see them sitting down together again I just hoped it would have been in a different format, and with someone else than Corden i don't feel he pulled that much out of them! Matt le Blanc hasn't changed a bit and was so lovely to see. Pleased i watched it but equally pleased i can stick a few episodes and go back in time to the very best of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Iā€™m a huge fan. It has gotten me through some awful times in my life (started watching in 1997 when I was 10) and for that Iā€™ll be forever thankful. The first four minutes or so had me in tears. It was like seeing your real old friends again as sad as that sounds.
Wouldā€™ve preferred just the cast, Bright, Kauffman, Crane, the support cast and people actually involved. There was no need for James Corden (who Iā€™m not a fan of) or the celebrities explaining why theyā€™re fans. As fans weā€™re not interested.
The table reads, the stories and seeing them together on that set was amazing though. ā™„

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm assuming Helen baxendale wasn't one of the guests? šŸ˜†

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Yes I watched it on Sky One this morning and really enjoyed it. The guest stars, who a lot of people were dreading (the ones with no prior connection with the show) were inserted into the show really well. Matthew P though is clearly not well. A guy on This Morning said that Matthew had dental surgery not long before filming which may explain, for me, how his mouth didnā€™t seem right and was less talkative than the others and slightly slurry when he did speak.
Iā€™m not sure why media keep trying to explain it away as something itā€™s not; Matthew has quite openly had some serious addiction issues; itā€™s unsurprising to me that 20+ years of abuse has left some long term effects. Hopefully heā€™s feeling good now, he seems like a really sincere and kind man with a few demons.

I was relieved that there was far less James Corden than I was led to believe- much better than I expected as a result!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I absolutely can not wait to watch this.

Friends is like a comfort blanket. Whenever I'm down or ill i watch it and it makes me feel better
It's all so great to watch stoned šŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Iā€™ve watched this morning and itā€™s everything I thought it would be and morešŸ„°šŸ„° anyone else!?
Just watched it! Cried laughing all the way through! Love love love... To be honest, I wasn't that excited for it - I was never a 'huge' Friends fan, although I did watch it fairly regularly - but it didn't disappoint. Very clever production I thought!!

Reactions: 5
Got it on now.
Paid the tenner for the 2 month now tv sub. Very very easy to cancel straight after and you keep it for the 2 months šŸ˜€

Reactions: 3
Will watch it lateršŸ˜šŸ˜. Pretty sure the same dental surgery line was said when Matthew Perry was on Graham Norton in the past toošŸ¤”

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It was really good I thought. I teared up a couple of times
James Cordon lets them have the attention, I thought he was going to make it all about him

Some of the cameos from guest actors were a bit short though, especially Gunther

Reactions: 10
Really enjoyed it, made me laugh and cry :) definitely worth watching

Reactions: 8
I have just finished watching it. Am shocked at all the surgery they have all had. Lisa and Matt Le Blanc seem to have aged well but the others have clearly all had (not great) surgery at some point. I was shocked at Maggie (Janice). Has she had a nose job? Matthew Perry didnā€™t seem right either.
I was also disappointed that they didnā€™t seem to have as much passion for the show as us viewers. It spoils the illusion somewhat. Hey ho, it was a decent show but I wouldnā€™t have lost sleep if they hadnā€™t bothered.

Reactions: 14