Friends Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really glad it's not a new episode. Dont need another 'Joey' incident! I'm excited about them all sitting down together and doin an interview after so many years.
Omg I forgot about that show. I think I watched two episodes and was just like helll no this is terrible(n)

Reactions: 1
Glad we more or less all agree a new episode would be a mistake. Usually people are keen for that sort of thing because their nostalgic memories of the good stuff override reality and logic. This has resulted in a lot of forced and uneccesary reunion episodes - if a show hadn’t jumped the shark during its initial run, you can damn well bet it will the second time around.
But friends I feel definitely jumped the shark by the last series. I don’t really enjoy those episodes. The characters were so exaggerated- especially joey and phoebe.
If you watch old episodes, Joey is maybe a bit dopey but he says plenty of intelligent things and can still keep up with the others intellectually. By s10 he had become so stupid he would have been a danger to himself and not left alone with matches or crossing the street...
Remember the episode where he ‘discovers’ a thesaurus and changes all the words on his cv (or something like that) to be longer/ more sophisticated... including changing his name to ‘baby kangaroo.’ 😐

Reactions: 3
I'm a bit concerned about this - things revived tend to bomb on the whole (ala Will and Grace!). As much as I want it, I also want to keep it locked away in the past so it can't be tainted :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I hope they dont' go the painfully woke method now and have them change everything that made the characters them (if htey do new bits/sketches etc as well as the chat)

ETA: The more I have read the thread, the more - eh... so it's just an interview - i've become. Blah.

What do we think?, excited?

I'm not sure to be honest, loved Friends, but would have preferred to see a reunion of the characters, not the actors reminiscing with celebrity guests.

Reactions: 15
I wanted a proper reunion with the characters themselves and see where their lives had ended up and what they all would be up to now, their kids all grown up etc. Not a bloody interview thing with people like James Corden.. :(

Reactions: 28
Yeah they don't need any celebrity special guests, it just ruins things, I think.

It should be like "Inside the Actor's Studio" where its just them, the interviewer and the audience.

Reactions: 14
As a massive Friends fan, I’m pleased it’s not an episode. There’s too much that can go wrong there! However, I agree that they don’t need all the guests and I hope that doesn’t take away from what it needs to be, which is the six of them reminiscing.

Reactions: 13
I wish the reunion was an episode, rather than an interview. Perhaps it is best that we have fond memories of the show, rather than trying to recreate the magic of the original series.

Reactions: 7
As a massive Friends fan, I’m pleased it’s not an episode. There’s too much that can go wrong there! However, I agree that they don’t need all the guests and I hope that doesn’t take away from what it needs to be, which is the six of them reminiscing.
Yeah I’m glad it’s not either. I think we all have an idea in our heads where each character ended up and if it didn’t match up to that, it would be disappointing. Agree with the guests as well, it should just be the cast

Reactions: 6
Really annoyed about all the guests, I don’t care what they have to say, wish it was just the cast

Reactions: 10
Celebrity guests, including David Beckham, Lady Gaga, BTS, Cara Delevingne, Mindy Kaling, James Corden, Malala Yousafzai and Justin Bieber, are also expected to appear.
Just why? They could have kept it simple with the main cast and an experienced interviewer. Instead get the roll call of twatty celebs with no connection to the show.

Reactions: 14
I don't care about the guests have got to say lol. I think I would have preferred an episode to see where all the characters ended up. I think it's gonna be disappointing

Reactions: 4
I don't care about the guests have got to say lol. I think I would have preferred an episode to see where all the characters ended up. I think it's gonna be disappointing
I think the spin-off 'Joey' ruined that chance unfortunately

Reactions: 4
I have a horrible feeling it'll be like that Inbetweeners reunion that was on channel 4 a few years ago.

Reactions: 15
Can’t say I’m that bothered to be honest. I’m really not a fan of talk show style reunion specials. An episode would’ve probably been better but it even that would’ve likely sucked because I think the cast have moved so on so much I don’t think they’d get in the right head space again to recreate that original magic.

Reactions: 7
This reunion is going to be tit because of the celeb guests.

Just needed the six and a cameo from Gunther.

Almost makes me wish it was a tit actual episode. Where we found out that Ross married Rachel and got divorced...AGAIN!

Ross now runs the paleontology department at his university. He hasn't seen Ben in years.

Rachel and Joey have got back together and have actually made a success of it, got married and had a kid or two.

Monica and Chandler are still married happily. Chandler is a big advertising executive and Monica has opened her own top restaurant back in the city.

Joey briefly moved into his room at Monica and Chandler's after returning from Hollywood and before getting back with Rachel.

Phoebe and Mike have inherited his parents massive wealth and now have a brood of around a dozen children, some their own and some adopted. Smelly Cat went viral on tiktok.

Gunther still works at Central Perk.

• Heart
Reactions: 44