Friday Night Dinner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Friday night dinner but I have no idea what I have just watched. WTF was that ending about? 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That scene with Horrible Grandma was way over the top.

Is Robert Popper bleeping with us? Is he purposefully pushing all the characters to their absolute limits in some sort of nihilist prank?

What a disaster.

Reactions: 7
Horrible grandma... what the hell was her accents all about?! I don't ever remember her having an accent in other series.
She sounded German then northern. I'm so confused.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, it sounded like she kept forgetting that she was supposed to do be doing a Jewish grandma act, and kept switching in and out of the accent.

I was surprised that this was coming back for another series because I thought it had run its course. Now I think it definitely has.

Reactions: 3
Yeah that episode was shite

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Adam and Johnny wouldn't have been so on board with the death date thing, surely they would have thought the dad was being an idiot? Again this episode was just too far-fetched

Reactions: 5
The show has definitely lost its way this series. Which is a real shame because it has been a great show up until this series.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's really annoying me how the sons haven't evolved at all. The last episode Jonny was sniggering like a child for far too long. I get they regress at their parent's house but Adam is starting to look middle aged, they need to change things a bit to accommodate they're not mid twenties anymore.

• Haha
I agree I think Jonny or Adam need some character progression. Like maybe one gets married, or has a kid?? Or at least a partner that maybe adds something to the dynamic. It does feel like they don’t know where to go anymore

I found the first few series of Friday Night Dinner hilarious. It seemed to be a natural comedy with situations that you could imagine happening in your own home, however I feel really let down by this series. I must say I found fridays episode more bare able than the previous 2. I feel that the comedy is far too forced in this series and I’m finding myself getting increasingly annoyed by every character. I’m hoping this is just a bit of a blip though, it used to be one of my favourite shows,

Haven’t enjoyed this series at all so far. The Gibby character with the cream tea obsession was ridiculous, and the juvenile behaviour of the sons is just stupid now. Definitely lost it’s way......very disappointing. As for Horrible Grandmas accent, where did that come from?? She didn’t speak like that in any previous episodes!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel like I'm only tuning in to this series now because I have such a crush on Tom Rosenthal, and that if he wasn't in it, I would give up on this series. 😂😂

• Haha
I feel like I'm only tuning in to this series now because I have such a crush on Tom Rosenthal, and that if he wasn't in it, I would give up on this series. 😂😂
He's hot! I once saw him randomly walking through my city. I said hello and he said hi back!

• Haha
I recently rewatched the whole thing and horrible grandma did always have that weird accent. Maybe it was a little over exaggerated in this last episode but I always wondered what it was meant to be even in the older episodes.