Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Amy_c_c

I have been a quiet watcher on this thread, I never intended to comment, I was just curious to see if anyone shared my opinions. I actually really liked Freya’s content for years, but I’ve unfollowed and unsubscribed at last - I just can’t take it any more and need to rant!
At this point, her constant shopping is a problem. The useless plastic tatt she’s buying, and encouraging others to buy, is unbelievably irresponsible. Plastic holders for wax melts?! Plastic cartons for products that are already packaged?! What is she on?!
I just can’t bear to watch the mindless overconsumption of completely useless products any more. It’s not even as it they’re interesting, it’s all beige, white or black crap that’s she’s buying for an ‘aesthetic’ that will be done to death in a year or two, when she’ll start the process all over again.
And in a cost of living crisis? She’s out of touch. It’s tasteless. I’m out!

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
Yeah that is so true about influencing. It seems putting your dog into daycare so you can talk into a camera all day about your latest shopping purchases causes social anxiety about going out for dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

aulty

Let me bring over this beaut of a comment from the Sick of SM Thread (on the topic of Mrs Hinch):
They all spend their days filling up glass jars of rice and then arse about putting an aesthetic label on to say that the SEE THROUGH jar contains fucking rice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Marozzy

I don't really pay much attention to freya anymore as she got too boring and unrelatable but her what I got for Christmas flashed up on my feed and its so distasteful and vulgar it reminded me why i dont bother with her anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

smoothie

I was just thinking of Freya last night when I was watching another content creator.
She was doing a pantry and thoughts on kitchen design that was far more creative thinking. Things I would never have thought of. In an old house also.
That's the kind of person I want to watch rather than someone's home that is all bought off the shelf. Which doesn't spell "home" to me as there is nothing of you in it.
That's the kind of content creator I need to find for my house build. I'm completely uninspired by Faker Farrington.

I want a tenner for every time she says "to be honest with you", "honestly" (only liars constantly say these), "as and when", and "when we're hosting". I also want 20 quid for the emotional damage from witnessing the fucking annoying shoulder shrug and manky smirk, and I'll take a fiver for every time she fucks with her hair even though it does absolutely nothing to it. Her language, mannerisms, outfits, activity and purchases, are all so scripted and predictable that I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually just a robot or a paid actor for B&M. Or, a foreign agenda to turn everyone into beige dumb copycats so they can take over the world (that would actually feel safer than knowing these people are actually real) :LOL: I'll get me tinfoil hat on the way out... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

LaughingCow

Chatty Member
As soon as she mentioned she is including PR gifted items in her ‘what I got for xmas’ video, I switched off & watched someone’s vlog.

She has opportunities to include varied content, she hosted Christmas & NYE for example. She could’ve showed us the food prep or her table scaping, but still chooses to show us the same boring content. Sitting on the floor talking through all the stuff she bought or was gifted. It is so repetitive. The same boring items & clothing.

Urgh who wants to see which cupboards shes putting her mugs, cups and appliance manuals in? Is she stuck for content because she can only film in the kitchen due to trades being upstairs?
My thoughts when watching that part was how disorganised that kitchen is. The queen of organisation and nothing actually makes sense. I mean, a whole cupboard for just your dinner set? Glasses above the oven? Mugs in a different room? A massive drawer for chopping boards? Wooden egg cups in a cupboard and le cruset style egg cups in the drawer? Ugh. I feel like her whole house is a copy paste of Pinterest without a gram of originality or personality.

• Haha
  • Wow

james30

A beige "aesthetically pleasing" pill box as a stocking filler? I bet Freya is a riot at parties.

• Haha

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Possibly unpopular ( hear me out 🤣) but as time goes on I actually really prefer her to a lot of other “influencers”… she makes no secret of what she’s doing, she said the other day she takes a lot of stuff back, but she openly says she’s showing us what is in the shops, in the same way I guess that you’d see stuff in a magazine.. but in comparison to the likes of stuck up Josie Fashion Mumblr or whatever she calls herself, and Frow and Lydia etc, who are all pretentious twats who try their hardest to actually hide the fact they are advertising every 4 seconds, she seems to be much more down to earth and open about it. And she has a nice looking dog 🤣
I’ll get back in my box now and to try and balance it out I’ll say that she does need to get some colour in her life 🤣🤣🤣
In my opinion this is no excuse for her constant consumerism and pressuring her followers to buying so much tat during a cost of living crisis. Her life is completely empty and I stopped watching because of how depressing it is to watch. I’ve recently stopped buying in to this lifestyle and instead spend my time and money on doing stuff with loved ones and having experiences and memories rather than cheap plastic crap from Home Bargains. I am so much happier now.

If she’s returning stuff this much then I hope she starts getting banned from the shops she’s doing it in.

indiansummee

That latest video was boring af. I don't know why I bother tbh. She's got nothing interesting to share, she even looks the same in every video - same hoodie, leggings and white socks. Another haul including a beige bottle brush that she isn't going to use it, she's going to display it on top of a beige tea towel. Wtaf?
She seems bored out of her mind. She filmed herself drinking tea and flicking through a catalogue, buying more stuff. Who is she trying to 'influence' or inspire? I think all of those empty plastic containers for her pantry are rubbing off onto her brain.

• Haha

Pixel

She makes me chuckle … why does she add her fairy fabric conditioner into Neptune containers … like who is going to see that when you do your washing and who really cares ?

• Haha
  • Heart

Dolphingal

VIP Member
I wonder what she'll do when beige is on the way out? Will she keep it or jump on the latest bandwagon?

Also her recent stuff admitting to having anxiety is also kinda bland. Like, for some reason I don't feel it's genuine and she's again jumping on a trend. It was the stuff about being anxious to go for dinner etc, it just gave me the impression she's got a bit housebound and is now making up anxiety as an excuse not to go out? I think she thinks it makes her relatable but most of us manage to go for dinner just fine so it's hard to relate. I hope she can get over it and start enjoying going out.
Have you noticed how a lot of these 'Influencers' all claim to have insecurity and anxiety issues? So, they're backhandedly admitting to being mentally ill whilst promoting their lives and decisions across the Internet.......... Therefore, they shouldn't be trying to influence anybody then should they?? Bunch of contradictory clowns 🤡
---

Woo thanks for the thread title!
You're welcome 🌹 🥇

Reactions: 17

aulty

"I collect these [acacia wood things]" = I overbuy, and I can't remember what I already have. I just hold them up for camera and then they go on the storage heap in the cellar. Sometimes I buy stuff I already have, silly me. *flicksHair* Kitchen is still not finished but that doesn't stop me from shopping.

But congratulations for branching out and buying blue things now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Yeah that is so true about influencing. It seems putting your dog into daycare so you can talk into a camera all day about your latest shopping purchases causes social anxiety about going out for dinner.
What I find crazy is how they have zero anxiety to go shopping seven days a week, and not small quiet shops either, always big busy ones..until they want to jump on a bandwagon and claim anxiety

• Haha

aulty

The Barf-Beige-Bingo (< also my suggestion for a new thread tittle):
  • mentions White Company or Neptune - 1 shot of Tesco's cheapest
  • mentions how much she loves a bargain - 1 shot
  • calls something vaguely reselmbling a brand item a dupe - 2 shots & unlocks the right to call Tesco's cheapest a grey goose dupe
  • dog in the video - 1 shot (preferably tetanus), take a second whenever she acts like the dog is 'her child'
  • 'pantry of dreams' - double shot
  • cold sholder - three cheers for tattle and a shot each
  • buys a candle/infuser/oil - open window, maybe fart if you feel like it
  • buys processed food and/or coffee franchise beverage - have an apple schnaps
  • buys yet another blazer or lululemon leggings that she will get soooo much wear out of - beer, lots of beer

If its a Primark/Zara/H&M clothes haul (where everything feels just so luxe!) or dupes video - get drunk before you even start the video and thank me later.
Feel free to add you own rules.

• Haha

ReginaFalangeee

Glad I found this thread, I think I get annoyed too easily but… haha things Freya does that give me the rage, tapping her nose all the time especially when she’s doing her monologues in the car, saying “within” instead of “in” even when it makes no sense, saying “whereby” all the time…

• Haha
  • Heart

Soapy Dolphin

VIP Member
Her day is filled with dog, 3 types of journalling (including Gratitude - thank you for my legs, the sky etc) breath work, meditation, making moodboards on Pinterest and filling and emptying 2 dishwashers.
It's all just busywork. Most people fit in all the domestic and pet chores around their actual job.

• Haha
  • Heart

james30

Currently reading the novel How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie, and just got to this part where she describes the modern-day influencer. The description is just too bang on, it's way too much of a coincidence 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

DeeSeni Noooo

VIP Member
How has her anxiety actually affected her life? If it doesn't have a impact on her day to day living and she can still do everything she did before, isn't she just nervous about things which is a natural reaction. Yes I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but what she shows is she can go aboard on holidays, go to social events, walk the dog, walk around shops, film in public, sit in a room full of women doing yoga, goes to drive-thru's on her own and place orders, have photos taken of herself in public, stays in on her own whilst there are builders everywhere, return all the tat she buys for hauls, interacts with designers etc and she's out most days "working". I could go on so it would be easier just to ask what has her anxiety stopped her doing?

• Heart